finding Clayton [3]

our story about finding our child. he happened
to be born on the other side of the world:


i had such peace after prayer and telling matt about the meeting i had with the director. 
i did not know what the outcome would be, but i knew it would be the perfect path for our 
family. our "plan" was to continue to pray, ask the director to be able to take pictures of 
"D" to send to matt, and possibly, if none of that felt right STILL, 
meet with the director....again.

they like you to get permission to take pictures. this is the children's home and they 
shouldn't be photographed constantly. i will say that most people there do not get permission. 
they hide their cameras and take them out briefly when they want a picture. i'm not judging 
them for this, i'm just making a point that i just felt so compelled to ask permission. the office 
staff said the director was no longer there, but when i walked out, i saw her having lunch in 
one of the outdoor huts with some staff.

i excused myself for interrupting and told her what i wanted to do. she said, "no. don't you think
that is just going to confuse you more? here is your son walking up behind you." i turned 
around to find that "D" was coming to grab onto my leg. he must have spotted me and wandered 
all the way over.

the director began to tell her staff that i was refusing to realize this was our son and basically 
laugh at me. one of the women looked me right in my eyes and compassionately said, 
"what, Love? why do you not realize? who is it that is in your heart?"

my eyes filled with tears. i replied, "in my heart? E." 
she glanced at the director and looked back at me. she said, "trust me, we will pray about this." 
it felt like this was just the situation we had prayed for....for the director to SEE my intense 
love for "E." the director granted me permission to send "D's" picture to my husband.

i sent pictures and my husband & i both felt that we still weren't led to pursue 
adoption of "D" at this time. i was fully committed to love on him during the time we 
had together. and i have prayed every.single.day for his forever family to come quickly.

so, against everything that is my nature, i went back to meet with the director. i told her 
how my husband and i have prayed, how i have spent time with the children, and how i 
love "E" with my whole heart. with absolutely no disrespect to his birth mother, i feel like 
i could have given birth to him. the love was that real, intense, deep, unwavering. a mother's 
love. i told her that we were willing to wait for "E" to be cleared for adoption. 
and she said....."okay."

after every "no", after every "it is never going to happen." and
after every time of trying to tell me who our son was......
she simply said, "okay."

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.
Proverbs 19:21


You see, the little boy I immediately feel in love with? The name they gave that 
little boy upon his arrival to the babies home was Elijah..."E." The name we will give 
him in honor of his paternal great-grandfather is Clayton.
Our Clayton Elijah:


i will catch clayton's story up to current tomorrow.
i will share where our adoption stands right now and
a truly amazing moment that God gave me
to tangibly let me know that this is indeed our son!

thank you for your support as we walk this blessed journey. thank you.

Comments

  1. Oh, he's beautiful! Handsome! So very squeezable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your whole story and am sitting here crying. How lovely and amazing. Can't wait to follow this journey the rest of the way and see him come HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is beautiful. We plan to name our son Elijah, so I got chills when I read that his name is Elijah. Beautiful story of God's guidance and your following.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your story brought chills! =) How incredibly neat that you have such a great realationship with the Lord! I couldn't help but smile when I saw his smile! How precious is he?! Congrats on your baby boy and Praise God for making everything fall into place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Love it Love it!! God sure gives us what we need in His time. All part of His plan He has chosen for your family. Absolutely beautiful story and he is sooo precious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow--I just got goosebumps. literally. what a beautiful love story. i am so impressed with your ability to trust your heart.

    he has the most magnificent smile! so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, I could just read it over and over. I can't WAIT for Clay to meet IVY. OH MY GAH!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someday, it will mean SO much to Clay that you fought for the right to parent him; that you were complelled; felt called and led after much prayer to be his forever family. What a beautiful love (no pun! story. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Destiny D.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a beautiful story!

    Happy Birthday to you Miss Lovelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What an amazing story!

    I hope you had an amazing birthday dreaming of sweet little Clayton!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your story so much -- your a total inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elijah has a special meaning for my family. I am glad he is to be yours. :-)

    What a beautiful next piece to the story. I won't say ending, because your journey continues.

    Thanks for sharing your story with us Love. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just got done reading Clayton's whole story, and I can't wait for more!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so amazing. You and your entire family, including Clay.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I love him! He's so perfect.

    Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to squeeze him! So cute.

    I am so moved that the director finally saw what you felt. It is so wonderful that things can move.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts