let's chat.
to tell the kids what we found out at the doctor yesterday, we put
appropriately colored helium balloons in this box.
[you know what we found out, right? if not...it's here!]
here's how they felt about all that:
serious fun. you know what else is fun? sharing it with all of you.
family & friends that i've known forever, some i've met because of this space,
some i will never meet, but you share in our journey. you've prayed us through
hard times and that means you get to share in the joy even more!
honestly, it's really fun for me. i'm thankful.
if you've known me for any amount of time though, you know i'm an introvert.
it is weird to share here sometimes. especially all this stuff about me, me, me,
us, us, us. [even though that's exactly why i started this little space without
ever expecting anyone else to read it.] so seriously...you have to help me out.
i want to hear about you. i love doing this from time to time & hearing anything
from heart-wrenching prayer requests to how you take your coffee or what
you order at Qdoba to what's new in your family.
talk to me, friends. i'm [super happy to be] listening.




2 little girls! How wonderful. Congratulations!! These photos are beautiful! Definitely frame-worthy.
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I are going to try for our 2nd baby this summer and I am thrilled, excited and terrified at the same time. I just ask myself "Can I really do this?" a lot lately. I guess I shouldn't even be asking this to someone with 9 :) You're a superstar.
thank you!
Deletei promise....you can totally do it! =)
These pictures are priceless Lovelyn!! You can actually feel their joy and excitement! Following you through this twin journey brings back SO many memories for me. I honestly feel like it was just yesterday that we were having our ultrasound and here I am....today...a mom to 11 year olds. I sometimes think I wished their baby stage away because I was so overwhelmed as a new mom......two babies at once for my first pregnancy....always telling myself....things will get easier when they're older. I can tell you right now, I'd give anything to go back to that baby stage and really, really soak it all in and enjoy it. Thanks for sharing your family and your journey with us.
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing that, lara. i really, really don't want to wish these days of pregnancy away or the hard when they are new. thanks for the reminder and constant encouragement!
DeleteI'm Shelly. Love to read your blog...occasionally comment if I'm actually on a computer and not my phone! :) I have two boys, Elijah and Simeon.
ReplyDeleteI just left the school from Kindergarten registration ...I am uneasy and anxious about sending my sweet boy away for 35 hours a week in the fall. I feel silly for having such issues with this. Trying to trust and be thankful for the options we do have.
My hubby and I feel like we are on the verge of some big life changes. Not sure what the Lord has in store for us...but I feel like some things will be changing soon. I am trusting and praying for us to be sensitive to how HE wants to use us. Enjoying this "easy" season of life and trying to fully enjoy and engage with my boys while I am blessed to be home with them for now!
I'm slightly addicted to coffee...might quit next week. :) I'm training for a half-marathon and am so excited and nervous and just thankful that I am going to be able to do this! (hoping I dont' have to crawl over the finish line). haha!
Love to you! Feel like I know you even though I don't. At least your heart! :)
hi shelly! i totally recognize your name. i hate how little i get to reply, but if you walked up to me in the grocery store and said you were shellycoulter, i'd know you were a sometimes commenter. =) thank you!
Deletei get the uneasy and anxious about sending them to school. hope you find the perfect thing for your family. i love that cusp of knowing big changes are coming & being content as you wait for them. excited for your family!
one of my best friends was never a runner, started a year ago and just did her first half marathone. so awesome! you can do it!
Congratulations on the 2 pinks! I have 2 girls, so I kind of think girls rock! I wouldn't normally share this, but seeing as you "asked" about us...i am secretly jealous of your large family! I can't fathom how you keep it all together - I think you are amazing. I have always wanted 4 children, but we have decided to stop at 2 because I suffer so dreadfully with hyperemesis for the entire pregnancy and last time ended up in hospital quite seriously. It's hard, and I have considered adoption, but i'm really not sure it is for us. But this is where my head is at the moment...and i love reading about your expanding family and thinking "what if" in relation to mine. Keep up the good work growing those precious babies. xx
ReplyDeletei promise i'm not amazing and don't keep it all together. =)
Deletei'm so sorry about your hyperemesis. i've had it every pregnancy, too [hospitalizations, picc lines, zofran pumps, the whole bit] and know how debilitating and also emotionally exhausting it can be. i wouldn't wish it on anyone--especially someone who'd love a large family! wish you the best as you figure out your family's journey!
Thank you for your reply...this was a great idea for a blog post - nice to find out about your readers and very nice of you to reply to each person!xxx
DeleteI think it is really rad that you are going to have three sets of twins in the family.
ReplyDeleteWe just got back from a beach trip for track out (the boys go to year round school so they have one month off four times a year) and we are dreaming of owning a beach place. Love dreaming big!
rad? me, too! i can't believe it.
Deleteoh, a beach place! how wonderful would that be? i love that you dream big. i'm dreaming of more land, less subdivision right now! =)
Hi Love! I am SO excited about your news! (I'd be equally excited no matter what the gender combo!) Hmmm, let's see. What about me.
ReplyDelete-I am crazy addicted to coffee. Love it with a bit of trivia and some natural bliss vanilla coffee mate.
-My kids are 8 (Annie), 6 (Buddy), and Blythe is almost 3. She's the spunkiest of the bunch and is giving me a run for my money lately. :)
-We are waiting for news that our dossier has been translated into Amharic so the "real" waiting can begin!
-I saw Molly this morning! She makes the yummiest bread and I buy a loaf from her every Wednesday. (But I'm dieting so I don't get any. It's kind of killing me slowly to have that bread in the house and not get any!)
Enough about me. Have a fabulous day! The little pink shoes in your last post just about did me in. Sigh. Again, SO happy for your sweet family!
i cracked up that you're not very good at trivia so you don't take that with your coffee. =)
Deleteshhhhh....but blythe is totally towards the top of my baby name list. love it.
how exciting for your adoption! the waiting is kind of crazy, right?! but, totally worth it and i know that you know that.
so crazy still that you and molly are friends now. how fun!!
Ha! It autocorrected TRUVIA to "trivia." I actually an=m not very good at trivia, so I do not take it with my coffee! :)
ReplyDeleteI am secretly jealous of your large family too. :-) We have 4 precious boys. We homeschool & I teach dance one night a week. I used to dance professionally in NYC (that's where I met my hubby). My dream is to be pregnant with twin girls! We almost adopted a baby boy last fall but after much prayer, tears & discussion (and much anxiety), we decided not to. It would have been an open adoption & we just did not feel a peace about open adoption. We would have had to have visits with the birth mom. We are also praying hard about doing foster care! We believe this is where the Lord is leading us.
ReplyDeletehi jamie! this is why i LOVE doing this. you homeschool, used to dance professionally in NYC and are praying about foster care?! crazy awesome. i love it. =)
Deleteoh those pictures! love, i seriously make mental notes of all these fun things you do with your kids. can't wait to do it with my own!!!!
ReplyDeleteand ummmmmmm.... lets see.
-i'm addicted to coffee. with french vanilla creamer, please. my parents let me have coffee with them in bed at a ridiculously young age [but it was more like lots of milk and sugar with a little coffee] and well, now i get raging headaches with out it! but goodness, i wouldn't trade all those mornings in bed with them [i'm an early riser. always have been. so all my other siblings missed out on this fun ;)]
-i have no idea what qdoba is!
-and whats new in my family? well....we're adopting again! but shhhhhh. thats being kept on the DL right now :)) but i figured it safe to share here. a girl can only keep a secret for so long!
<3<3
aww...i love that you had this special time with your parents. so encouraging to hear these little traditions and moments really do count.
Deletei LOVE that you're adopting again!!! love your family! =)
You are so sweet! What a neat way to tell your kiddos. I am an introvert with a blog, too, and I agree, sometimes it is so strange sharing personal details and talking about my family and myself. However, it's a great journal and way to capture family memories. If you ever want to read a fantastic, encouraging book about introverts I can highly recommend"The Introvert Advantage" by Marti Olsen Laney. It was like God handed me (and my mom, also an introvert) this book and said, "See, I made you like this on purpose and you are completely normal." It's not a Christian book, but it has been a blessing to me.
ReplyDeleteDidn't mean to get on a soapbox, I was just excited to be able to relate to your feelings. :)
Also, I'm SUPER excited for your sweet girls to join in your happy family. I love the joy in your kids eyes. Your new girls will be lavished in love!
i will definitely check out that book! someone passed on an article to me once that was something like 'how to care for your introvert' and it was great! thanks!
DeleteSo I side with you on the blog issue... I'm not too much of a public person. Why do I blog?! I dunno, it's fun and I get my thoughts out, I guess. My blog is www. moremudpiesandtutus. blogspot.com--- take out the spaces.
ReplyDeleteWe currently have 6.5 kiddos... 2 bio, 2 were adopted, 2 are foster sons and 1 in the belly... :) All are 5 years old or younger. Life is busy. It's fun. I wouldn't change it.
I want to meet you. You're one of those people I hugely admire. But I'm afraid I don't live anywhere near you...
I love the pictures you post of your house. I think I'd like a tour. It looks beautiful!
I want to adopt again, I am positive God has at least one more girlie for us... I dream of her often. We would also love to adopt a child that has Down's Syndrome someday.
My husband is a private pilot and someday hopes to fly mission aviation, YAY! I love world travel. :)
Love love love your blog, you inspire me!! Prayers and blessings!!
hi anna! your family [and maybe even family to come] sounds awesome. i'd love to adopt a child that has Down's Syndrome someday, too.
Deletei did a video tour of our house one time, but just felt too ridiculous posting it. =) itching to get back to more regular 'home' posts soon though!
thanks for your words!
How neat that you you're taking time to respond! Great idea!
DeleteWell, about that tour now... sure would hurt my feelings to see you post it! Some people just have a gift for home decor and those of us who just don't are fascinated. :)
Have a wonderful day!
Oops, I mean sure WOULDN'T hurt my feelings! *eep*
DeleteLove,
ReplyDeleteThose pictures are precious.I am so excited for you guys. What a joy! My parents were very excited to share with me all about their short visit they had with your family and they loved all the kids.
Let's see something to share...I have wanted to adopted since I was in the 3rd grade and became friends with Katie. So in a way your family has inspired my desire to adopt my whole life. I have friends that think I am weird and can not understand why I want to adopt but am unsure about having my own children. I love reading your blog and it continues to inspire me.
I am starting to get a little concerned that the chance to adopt may pass me by though. I am 29 and still struggling to find a teaching job, and I know that until this happens and I have worked for a couple years at least that it is not an option. It is something that I worry about frequently.
Let's see what else...
I am addicted to coffee, good music, concerts, kids, and reading. Though lately it seems that the only books I read are childrens book or Young adult books... Shhh the YA books are my guilty pleasure. Good think I have a nook so people do not know what I am reading all the time.
Thank you for sharing on this blog and continuing to inspire me.
Andreya
andreya--it was super fun to see your parents and brother. i always wonder if it stresses people out to be here. =)
Deleteit stinks that you've had such a hard time finding a teaching position. i hate that. i hope that something perfect comes up really soon. and hope that you and katie will meet up sometime here! you're still welcome to!
thanks for the encouragement!
let's chat… hmmm...
ReplyDelete~ sitting here at the table with my 3 "bigs" practicing for the state test
~#5 kiddo woke up in tears (and a large fit) because the tooth fairy did not come….. so I told him the truth about the tooth fairy reasoning that if it is not fun, we aint playing…. still not sure THAT was the best ….. *sigh*
~I drank half a pot of coffee yesterday and am well on my way to that today [problem being revealed …again]
~I ran 2 miles yesterday [hate running, maybe it was all the coffee]
~in all seriousness, i feel like God is taking me a journey of learning what speaking truth in love is. seeking wisdom in it all. trying to figure out what that looks like. can't really do community without it…sick of fake.
much love. fun to chat about random dumb. your turn.
i'm with you on the real, girl. i'm not with you on the running 2 miles. i sometimes wonder if it's best how we don't pretend with all these fun little tooth fairy things, too. sigh. parenting is hard.
Deletei was already in bed when i got your text. talk soon?!
I love their faces! They all look so joyful, especially Nico in the last shot. Seriously, that boy's smile is gold. I feel like it's been a hundred years since I've seen your kids.. I hope we can do a playdate or a BBQ or something over the summer (early summer obviously). I miss you lots!
ReplyDeleteToday I'm juggling about a million things. I'm working on a discussion guide for The Giver, which I'm teaching for the first time ever in a few weeks. I haven't read this book in years and I forgot how much I love it. I'm working on finalizing t-shirt plans for the epilepsy walk we're doing in a few weeks (we've raised $2380 so far--I'm never fundraised before, so this is kind of a big deal for me... and now I know how you feel when you fundraise for something that really calls to your heart!). Mostly I'm just counting down the hours until I can go home and hug my boys and trade in my skirt and heels for a pair of yoga pants.
Oh, and I take my coffee with flavored creamer and I STILL haven't eaten at Qdoba. I know, right?!
yes..this summer! and park days will be back, too. i'm ready!
Deleteamazing what's happening with team tommy. proud of you!!
miss you!
I love the photos and the excitement.
ReplyDeleteI just finished a 5.32-mile wog. It was hard. But good hard.
We officially became licensed for foster care last week!
yaaaaay!!! i'm really happy for and proud of your family! awesome.
Deletei read always but dont really comment :) humm
ReplyDeleteim 31 years old, married for almost 9 years, i stay home, my husband works (ahhhh most family thinks thats because im lazy :/ we have 4 kids, 8G, 6B, 2B, 11monthG. cant wait for summer time (i hate that california takes control of my family 10 months a year!) i dont drink coffee but love mochas from starbucks.
heres a question if you dont mind (everyone feel free to answer!) i have 4 kids and feel so overwelmed at times but i feel like God is not done with me yet. i feel the need for more children! my husband thinks im insain!! anyone else feel this way?
lazy? oh my stars. i'm sure you're anything but that. i will never regret this time home with the kids. [i'm sure you feel the same!]
Deletewell, you know that i felt this way. i've never been content to feel like those were my last pregnancies....i do feel that now. matt didn't exactly feel that, but with prayer and hearing me agreed--we would never regret having another child.
Truth is - I CAN'T wait to meet you, Lord willing. Praying we can actually sit and chat about the things God has done and is doing. But if not in person I KNOW one day - Seriously, won't heaven be GLORIOUS???...
ReplyDeleteLoving all the PINK in your house and well, you know those BLUES are pretty cool too (((HUGS)))
i can't wait either! i think it will happen! and, yes, heaven will be awesome. i've got my neighbors all picked out. ; )
DeleteYou don't know me, but I have read your blog for a while, I found you via Stephanie Precourt. My girls go to the same school as your precious kiddos, and they talk about them all the time, one of my girlies is in the same class as Nico! Congratulations to you are your beautiful family!! :)
ReplyDeleteoh, wow! well, thanks for writing! say hi sometime if you see me. =)
DeleteI've been following your blog for 2 years now - I found you when I first started researching adoption and thanks to your beautiful words and the encouragement of many others I have started the road to adoption. :) I am currently assembling my dossier and will be adopting from Russia. I am doing it as a single woman as I still haven't met "the one". I live up in Canada.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your new little ones and ALL your beautiful children. I dream of having a family as large as yours some day.
Hugs.
that's awesome, candice! best wishes on your adoption...i'm excited for you!
Deletelove,
ReplyDeleteyou're brave!
congratulations on your 2 newest girls! wow!!!
as you know, we brought home 2 boys from rwanda 10 months ago (had 4 bio kids already)
it's been a HARD hard year. God is in it. He is in control.
but i'm really struggling. my biggest prayer right now is that my heart would soften towards my 4 yr old son (the older of the 2 that we adopted). my heart is so ugly. and i KNOW His love and grace is enough. but we have a long way to go...
thank you!
hi courtney! i hate that the year has been so hard for you, but am so thankful that we can stand on truth and not emotion. i will pray that prayer of your heart, too. i understand seeing the ugliness of your own heart on your adoption journey. i really do. this is just as much about God refining US as it is them, isn't it? love and prayers.
DeleteYour family is precious. Congrats on the newest babies!
ReplyDeleteI am Stephanie. I live in a little rural town with no stop light. I am a mother of three awesome boys. Two of which are twins.
Thank you for allowing us to follow your journey. I always enjoy reading about your family, seeing your pictures, and being shown new opportunties to reach out to those in need that I may have not known about without you.
hi, stephanie! i love little rural towns. in fact, i love our city, but am beginning to ache for some land.
Deletethanks for reading and for this encouragement!
You have such a beautiful family. The zoo you went to recently is near my home, I'd love to meet some time. I have 6 kiddos, 1 adopted from Guatemala and in the process of another adoption. Life is hectic and at times tough but I feel so blessed. Oh and I love cold mocha coffee, long walks and reading, when I have time of course.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your twins, and God bless.
hi sophie! we're members at that zoo....would be fun to do a meet up sometime!
Deletemy husband has been to Guatemala and really, really loved it. would love to take our family sometime. where are you adopting from this time? blessings & congratulations!
Your family is so lovely. I so enjoy reading your blog and praying for your family.
ReplyDeleteI live in California and we have 3 kids. I LOVE coffee and reading and spending time with my hubby and kids.
Congrats on the new little girls about to come. Can't wait to see a pic of them. Praying for your delivery. May it be just how you want.
Sarah
hi sarah! thank you so much for your prayers! we obviously just want our little girls here safe, but i'm hopeful for the desire of my heart about the labor and delivery, too.
Deletei hope that i love coffee again. i don't with pregnancy, but i still miss it! thanks for reading and for sharing.
My husband has had a migraine for 2 days now. Luckily it has lessened in intensity a couple times, but it still has me worried. I'm sure it's stress related...of course, in the back of my mind is the thought, "What if it's something serious?" So I'll pray and hope he feels better tomorrow or tonight.
ReplyDeleteOn the other side of that coin is the fairly happy thought that we are probably moving at least 2 states away (i'd love to meet your family before I leave northern Indiana) because hubby has a chance to make some decent money. That move may mean spending the summer apart, and I think we'll be ok there...but it will be hard. I'm also looking at leaving my library and the kids...so each time I tell someone about a program for the Fall, I wonder, "Will I be the one teaching that class?" But I truly believe that God is leading us towards the West. I think there are things out there that He intends for us. We just have to finish up some stuff here (like packing a house full of stuff).
Thanks for the chance to unload about hubby's headaches (prayers welcome there!) and our move.
BTW, those 2 little girls are going to be 2 of the luckiest kids...parents like you and Matt and all those sibs who are already in love with them!
hi beth! how is your husband? migraines are terrible and, yes, they get scary when they last so long. =(
Deletei think we need to do a nwi meet up. it is SO not my thing, but if i push myself and just go...i usually love it. will see if i can get one of the extrovert friends to plan it. =)
thanks for your kind, encouraging words.
Well today I cleaned my toilets (I'm sure you are glad you asked). Lots going on here with medical problems with my kiddos...so coming to your happy spot to see such AWESOME news just made my day!!! TWIN GIRLIES! Seriously so exciting! Everytime I walk by the baby girl section in Target I just about cry...and now you can buy twice as much ;) Wish I wasn't jealous - HA! Been praying you are feeling better too!!
ReplyDeletethank you, jenn! i've definitely turned a corner. only getting sick a couple times a day and i know you know how GREAT that is!
Deletepraying with you with the medical issues. i haven't caught an update, but i'll look later if there has been one.
Congrats on adding two more sweeties to your bunch! I've so enjoyed reading your blog and always finish with a smile on my face.
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I have 3 kiddos (Ava, Oliver and Henry) and are adding another one through our states foster-to-adopt program!
My husband is leaving for Haiti on Friday for a week and I'm praying hard that God will carry me through the week without my "right hand man"!
I love coffee more and more each day!
thetalmadgelife.blogspot.com
I follow you on Twitter, I think b/c of my friend Emily (designhermomma). Anywho, I saw your tweet about twins and clicked, b/c I also have twin girls! So, I came to your blog for the first time and read about your sweet family and your exciting news. I was blessed by what I read regarding your heart for the orphans, because my husband a I just came home from South Africa (short-term missions trip) last week and I now have a huge burden for the precious orphans in Africa.
ReplyDeleteTo raise money for our missions trip, I sold t-shirt scarves and I now plan to continue to sell them to raise funds for the organization we traveled with, Horizon International (horizoninternationalinc.com). So, I loved seeing the awesome items you sell. It helped me think through how I can continue this effort through my blog (hotfudgesundaelife.com).
We have 4 kids (twins are oldest, age 5) and love our big family, too. I just wanted you to know that your blog and stories really blessed me.
Jenni
Hi Love!
ReplyDeleteBeen reading here for a while now - not long after Clay was brought home! Found you through Beth Flectcher. I like my coffee with cream and a bit of sugar (i use zyletol actually).
What's new is I started a blog after hemhawing around for about 1.5 years! I like it. I share some of my everyday and a bit of the gut wrenching that's going on in my heart.
If you have a minute or two would love for you to stop by and get to know me - as I feel like i know you and your sweet family. So happy for your new blessings!
Big hug,
xoTiffany
Well, I'm fighting a cold today and I think the pseudoephedrine is making me WEEPY! I'm happy but missing loved ones. Just typing that makes me weepy!
ReplyDeleteI used to get the burrito bowl from Qdoba but I didn't see it on the menu last time I was there, so I get the chicken burrito. I love Chipotle's chicken burrito bowl, ps. I like my coffee iced with a little cream and sugah! And Gray lost his first tooth (on his own) last night, and we are taken with the beautiful birds that have decided to take over our front bushes. They mesmerize me!
So excited for these two new beautiful blessings,
Steph
PS I just finished Nie Nie's Heaven is Here and think you would love that book. I highly recommend. :)
ReplyDeleteSteph
I'm so over the moon happy for you and your family, Love.
ReplyDeleteWe don't have a Qdoba here in the Dallas area (that I'm aware of), but my favorite place to eat that is similar is Chiloso. My friend is taking me for my birthday on Tuesday. I'll be 35 tomorrow. But I'm really loving the 30's so far.
I saw my best childhood friend this past weekend for the first time in 11 years. I can't believe how much I've missed her. We met the Pioneer Woman at her book signing as a birthday present to us both. :) Such fun!!
In other news, we recently moved out to the country and my heart is so very happy. My kids were made to live out here. They have adapted so well.
I hope you are getting the rest you need to grow those sweet babies. Loved our little chat. (from one introvert to another) ;)
Aimee
:-)
ReplyDeleteHmmmmmm. About me. Hmmmmmm
I am very different then what I am perceived to be online. :-) Also I sort of hope we never move back to the US. I would like to keep wandering the world. LOL Not very realistic but hey.....
Congrats on baby girls.
Little ol' me? Let's see, I'm a 33 yr old mom of two kids and wife to an amazing man. My kids are 11 (a brilliant and beautiful little girl) and 9 (a silly and smart little boy who also happens to have Autism) and, although I love children and would love to have a house full, these two are all that we can handle right now. I'm a SAHM, which can be equal parts hard and wonderful. My house isn't as clean as I'd like, the laundry is rarely caught up and there's always at least a dish or two in the sink but I tell myself (and everyone else) that those are just indicators of a life well lived. I have lofty goals and big dreams and, even if I don't ever reach any of them, the journey will still be well worth the effort.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I take my coffee with a lot of cream and sugar. It's my "dessert for breakfast" philosophy. If it doesn't taste like melted hazelnut-coffee ice cream then it doesn't pass my taste test!
Hello!
ReplyDeleteI love following your family's journey...your words and photos are beautiful and inspiring! Thanks for being open and putting it out there! I live outside of Chicago. I have a 3 year old foster daughter who has been with me for a year. Court is next week and I am expecting a fast transition back to her mom. Sooo excited for their second chance, but gosh, feeling a bit raw at the thought of losing her. Just trying to savor the moments right now!!
Enjoy your day! Becky
What a great way to get to know your audience!Plus who doesn't love to talk about themself...?:)I'm Heather and I live in China. I love you blog and story. Your honesty often makes me feel normal. I appreciate that. My husband and I have been in China for four years. We have three bio kiddos and three foster babies and I'm pregnant as well. All our Chinese kiddos have HIV and so we are big advocates for getting truth out about that. We desire to adopt our Lily but we aren't 30 yet. A rule China goes by. I am currently overwhelmed with life.I miss my family in the states but we won't be able to go for another two years still. Thanks for creating a place to share. It's nice to feel like we are connected somehow. I hope you have a wonderful day today!
ReplyDeleteHi there, I'm Stephanie, and I cannot remember how I stumbled across your blog but have been following close to Clay coming home. I am a Hoosier! I think and hope I read correctly when I say I believe you are too :) anyway, we live south of Indy. We are a farming family. I have 2 girls ages 6 and soon to be 3 . Olivia my oldest is my mix of girlie girl/ doesn't mind getting dirty and Kloe my youngest may be our future farmer but loves pretty things too and lip gloss. I am a Sahm and love it. Totally a blessing. I just wanted to say Hi and tell you I love reading your blog and your journeys of motherhood. Congrats on your little girls and expanding family. They are all precious. Take care!
ReplyDeleteHi! I'm Ramee and I've been reading for a long time. I have 3 small children (Nora, Braden and Mabel.) Mabel is our youngest and has an undiagnosed syndrome or rare disease. We have had a heck of a year with testing, therapies, appointments, surgeries, etc. but we are here and making it through. We hope to have answers soon. Would love for you to visit us! www.rameelinlarson.com
ReplyDeleteCongrats, btw! I love that you're having twins:)
Hello, I'm Jenn. I came upon your blog as you were in the process of adopting Clayton. At that time we were planning on adopting and trying to figure out all the bells and whistles. We have a heart to adopt from Africa, but at that time decided it was best to adopt from America. We went to the first class, and after that felt that it wasn't right for us at that time. A few months later we found out we were pregnant (after we had stopped trying for a 1.5 years)! Our little one is now about to celebrate her 1st birthday and I couldn't be happier to be her Momma. It's a little bittersweet to watch her grow up into a little girl. We are going through financial stuff (but who isn't) and it's because we have chosen for me to stay at home with Little One, which makes the consumerism a little bit easier. I love reading about your family and trips to Africa. I still think that someday we will adopt from Africa, but we aren't sure what God has in-store for us. We still have the heart though.
ReplyDeleteMy husband I have chosen to grow our family through adoption instead of having bio kids. A fellow mom going through adoption sent me your site to help inspire me to get through the long waiting time it can take to find the right kids. I know my kids are out there just waiting for me to love them, I just wish they would hurry up and be home with me already. We are going down the path of local adoption out of the foster care system. Congrats on the new baby girls coming your way! Your house is beautiful from the pics you post. I love how you guys have opened your hearts to a big family. So many kids need a loving home, your family is beautiful! Keep on blogging it mean so much to people.
ReplyDeleteI took what was going to be a short break after my afternoon coffee, and now I don't want to get up. But. We need to go to the post office, and I should start the refried beans that we will put in our rice bowls, and I should dig more dandelions out of my sidewalk. Inertia is a stink-bottomed killer, I tell you.
ReplyDeleteI hope your baby-sickness is easing up, and that the wee lassies in your belly are growing healthy and strong. Praying still for your health.
xo
what an amazing way to share with them! and what gorgeous happy smiling faces you have there... i'm so so so happy for you all!
ReplyDeleteI love their happy faces. You and your family are a source of inspiration to me. I am 39 weeks pregnant with baby number 2 and my daughter is not quite 2.5. I am terrified and anxious.
ReplyDeleteI've been a reader since just after you brought Clayton home. Thanks for sharing your life :)
Love this post...love their faces..well we are getting ready to go to Uganda, praying the Lord continues to show us His call on our lives...He has directed us to go to Uganda and adopt.
ReplyDeleteHey, fellow introvert! ;) I have been "diagnosed" as a bubbly introvert, which sounds like it might apply to you, as well. I like to learn about others and sometimes be social, but boy, I sure need downtime to recharge and recover. My oldest baby, 4, is like that, too. Her favorite days are "stay home days" when we don't have any commitments and we can all stay and play and relax together. Those are my favorite days, too. :)
ReplyDeleteUmm, so...me. I am blessed to be able to stay home with my two babies. My daughter is 4 and my son is 2. They amaze me every single day. We have gone back and forth about another baby, and I loved what you said. We would never regret having another child. We have lots of love to give. We will see what happens!
I was an elementary teacher before my daughter was born, but I don't plan on homeschooling. I loved the school experience so much (and she loves her preschool experience so far!) that I want her to be able to experience that. I haven't ruled out homeschooling in the future, though, if it turns out that that's what would be best for us.
We are suburbanites, but I am dreaming of a homestead someday. We have been learning so much over the last few years about gardening and becoming more self sufficient...it is really a passion! I would love to have a little land, a few chickens, and a goat!
Last but not least, here is something that we haven't told too many people, but I am too excited to keep it inside...tomorrow we are going to meet with an adoption agency for the very first time! We have so many questions and not many answers, but we have been feeling this pull for some time, and it is time to explore the possibility! I want to thank you, as we have chatted by email a few times, and you and your mothering journey have really inspired us in this decision. I am deeply appreciative.
I am so happy for your beautiful growing family. The kids' reactions are just priceless. The love that your family has for each other is such a beautiful sight to see, and it shines through every blog post that you share. Those are nine lucky kids. :)
P.S. I would probably push people out of the way at Qdoba to get their queso nachos. YUMMMMMMMM. :)
I love the way you told them, so celebrating and original :)
ReplyDeleteI come from a family of 6 girls, i always wanted big brother...
i worked in daycarecentre with all female collegues when i fell prgnant with our first, my hubby was convinced it would be a girl, the ultrsound at 32 weeks showed us very clearly that it was a little boy who as kickin'around in there...i was só so thrilled!!!
He now is 14 yrs aready, blessed to have 4 sisters and since 2 years a little brother,
i am very happy with the kids God gave us, my hearts desire is to adopt too one day, but God has to perform some miracles sinc we on't quallify the norms of German adoptionagency's (we are a dutch family living just across the border in Germany)
Many blessings for you as you carry and nurture these precious babygirls with all your strenght, blessings for hubby and brothers and sisters too!
love Adriana
Excited for your two newest littles!
ReplyDeleteMy husband Colin and I are beginning the process of adopting siblings from Ethiopia! I'm very inspired by your journey. I love blogging, because I have found that often strangers give the best encouragement! And, I love hearing about how God is working in others' lives.
Hello! :) My name is Asiaha (pronounced Asia). I'm 21 years old and a college student. I recently started reading your blog and I really enjoy it! Your children are so cute. Congratulations on your twin girls! and may God bless you and your family.
ReplyDeletei'm Candice, 34, single, can't wait to get married and have kids, I love kids, I want 10, I want to adopt most of them, I'm an artist, part of a ministry in Ottertail Minnesota called Firestarters, I am and we(our ministry)a bunch of young adults radically in love with Jesus, trying to live and love like he would!
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty late to this party, but..
ReplyDeleteLately I take my coffee with (plenty of) unsweetened almond milk.
I'm attempting to stay away from sugar for 30 days. I hope it helps out with my energy and gets me back to feeling comfortable in my own skin.
But sometimes I think I don't feel comfortable in it because I long for God's kingdom on earth.
My passion is fair trade- seeing communities and families thrive and developing relationships with them.
You've inspired me in so many ways.
My husband doesn't want to go to church lately, and I get it. He's disenchanted with the way church looks around here, and I'm not going to "make" him go; I'm just not sure what to do myself, you know?
I pray a lot more these days. I know God is good and I'm thankful for that (seeming constant) reminder.
Thankful for you, too:-).
Happy Tuesday to you, Love. Thanks for giving me space to just let some of that out.