let's chat.
--We just got home for Anika's Pre-K Olympics. 25 cute, little pre-schoolers doing long-jump
and races is always a win. Anika won the silver medal in sprints! We're planning a big ol'
celebration tonight.
--My laptop had a "hard drive failure." They said there is a 50/50 chance that they can save
all our pictures. The ones I've been wanting to back up for the last few months, but haven't.
The ones from Africa and Clay's first days home. Yeah, those. I am actually very hopeful about it.
--I just got a happy little note and surprise in the mail from Bri! She was supposed to come visit
this week, but I had to cancel on her. [sad face.] Happy mail is so fun. I try to send some out
once a week, so I hope to pass some happy mail along today. Thanks, Bri!
--I'm having a Matilda Jane trunk show in 2 weeks. It is absolutely my favorite clothes for
the girls & myself. They even have a few boy things in their Mighty Acorn line. Clay's
wearing a shirt in the first picture. The back says, "From small oaks, mighty acorns grow."
I love all their clothes & how kind they are. I just saw they hosted an event to help raise
money for someone's adoption and they sent TONS of clothes with me to Africa to pass out.
If you're local, I'd love for you to stop by. If you're not, but want to order, just let me know!
[either way, contact info is here!] Here's the girls in some Matilda Jane:
credit Samantha Uphold
--You were all so helpful when I wanted to find a yellow cardigan [which I found & will
show you] that I wondered if you had links for cute coffee mugs? I'm supposed to be picking 5
out for Mother's Day. I was very excited about it, but I've been browsing Etsy and just haven't
fallen in love with anything. They can be coordinating or not...I just wanna LOVE them, you know?
--That's probably enough random for now. What's random with you?!



We filled out the application to register with an adoption agency today!!! We've decided to adopt from Ethiopia. We were strongly considering Uganda, but Ethiopia feels right for our family. I honestly feel like I just lept off a cliff...in an amazing way.
ReplyDeleteI cannot stop thinking about having another baby. My Olivia is 8 1/2 months old. She's a handful. My eyes and reasonable head see all these obstacles, but my heart sees hope.
ReplyDeleteI'm 99.7% sure this baby is going to be a girl. But I don't really want to find out for sure until the baby is born. I think I'll keep my random thought a secret though, for a little while longer.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to back up my photos NOW! Oh, my heart would be broken if I lost all of our pics. I'll say a prayer that yours can be recovered!!
ReplyDeletei LOVE Matilda Jane too!! I've not gotten the courage to spend the $$$$ yet...I'm afraid of stains! Got any stain remover secrets???
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about YOU!
ReplyDeleteToday in the mail I received the delicious lip balm that I ordered from etsy when you tweeted about their $1 sale! Both Chai and Raspberry are delicious by the way.
Then I dropped Munchie off at preschool and did the grocery shopping. While at the store I bought a new flash drive. Then I came home and backed up all the photos on my hard drive. I'm so hoping that all your photos will be recovered. Thanks for ensuring mine are saved!!
I'm now on my second load of laundry. i'm going to watch Desperate houswives on PVR while eating samosas for lunch and then i'm going to pick up munchie at preschool.
We're off to her gymnastics class tonight and then I have a massage.
But before anything - I have to check out the Matilda jane clothes!
Sad face for me too. :( But glad I could brighten your day a bit. I just got happy mail today from Steph!
ReplyDeleteI love MJ clothes. Wish I could come to your trunk show.
This afternoon I was working on a new design for adult felt flower headbands/clips.
This one is cute:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.etsy.com/listing/39420352/heart-porcelain-mug?ref=sr_list_33&ga_search_query=coffee+mug&ga_search_type=&ga_page=5&includes%5B0%5D=tags&includes%5B1%5D=title
I just ordered our adoption t-shirts yesterday, so they should be done next week! I've been working soo long on them...I hope they turn out as I'm imagining . Stop by the blog late next week to check 'em out! Wish we had MJ clothes parties here--I love your picts.
ReplyDeleteI like these too:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.etsy.com/listing/45207941/set-of-4-turquoise-beehive-mugs-16-oz?ref=sr_list_31&ga_search_query=coffee+mug&ga_search_type=&ga_page=13&includes%5B0%5D=tags&includes%5B1%5D=title
I will be at your show! And I just spent a long time snuggled with Gray on the couch searching etsy for a crown for him. It had to be GREEN and RED and nothing else but he found one in just green that he really likes. Now I have to find the measuring tape to figure out what size to have it made.
ReplyDeleteAre the coffee mugs for you or are they gifts? I saw some I liked a lot at CB2 and Crate & Barrel I think. I always like the big & funky ones at Gloria Jean's in the mall, too!
Steph
I love the Matilda Jane clothing line. How do I get information on it?
ReplyDeleteI've had this seller as a favorite in my Etsy for a long time... http://www.etsy.com/shop/Misspottery
ReplyDeleteI like these colors and designs...
http://www.etsy.com/listing/45781972/green-mug-with-black-and-white-leaf
Okay, these tree mugs are so neat! And Oh my!! Look at the matching teapot! "Let Love Grow" ;)
"http://www.etsy.com/shop/meadowpoint
Losing pics: huge nightmare. You've inspired me to backup ours, as it's been a few months.
ReplyDeleteYou are an inspiration, a wonderful example, of so many things in life. thank you for blogging :)
Oh my, I was just looking on their site again yesterday, and for real wondered if Love had ever had a trunk show since she loves them so much!! LOL! :) I've loved MJ for a long time, but have yet to buy anything! :0 Maybe I'll order something... What all is available through your trunk show?
ReplyDeleteour external HD crashed last year and I lost almost a year of pics too..thank goodness I backed the other years up to DVD not long before that.
ReplyDeleteI saw some really cute mugs at Target...cute dots and stripes.
What am I up to....well I'm off work in about 15 mins and we are heading to look for some new koi for our pond! Very excited!
I bought some cute vintage mugs off zazzle not too long ago... They've got cute stuff..
ReplyDeletehttp://www.zazzle.com/vintage+coffee+mugs
random with me today? I put the blue rug under the table in my red and gold kitchen... just to change things up... still trying to decide if I like it or not...
What is random here?
ReplyDelete-our foster care license should be active in approx. 2.5 weeks (thanks for your prayers!)
-I started a prayer journal/love letter book for my husband yesterday and I am not exactly sure what I am going to write in it :)
-found out that there is a possibility that our next duty station could be overseas
That's all :)
I like this:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.etsy.com/listing/44703678/full-moons-in-yellow-and-orange-pair-of?ref=sr_list_1&ga_search_query=yellow+mugs&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title
or this:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/45789441/2-bicycle-built-for-2-mugs?ref=sr_list_12&ga_search_query=yellow+mugs&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title
or this:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/40901534/hand-made-yellow-tulip-pottery-mug-on?ref=sr_list_12&ga_search_query=yellow+mugs&ga_search_type=&ga_page=2&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title
or this:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/45049097/bird-cup?ref=sr_list_19&ga_search_query=yellow+mugs&ga_search_type=&ga_page=2&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title
As for me I am contemplating vocation and waiting for rain to take the allergens away.
Right now, I am counting down the school days until May 14th (11 days!) when I will be a stay at home mom again. I've only been working 5 weeks, and working is just not for me. I'm also counting down the days until we start trying to get pregnant again. Hopefully we will get pregnant in July or August! I'm also ready for the weekend because my mom and I will be planning my grandma's 75th birthday party and I will be shopping for some summer clothes for myself. I can't wait for all that I have to look forward to to happen!
ReplyDeleteHi there :) Have you seen http://www.1000mugs.org/? It was the dream of a women to make and sell 1000 mugs to support South African children, but she passed away before she could finish, so now her friends and family have taken over the project. I received a mug for Christmas and it is beautiful. I thought this might hit close to home. Enjoy!
ReplyDeletemugs are for me from the 5 kids. =) i'm loving looking at the links. thank you!!
ReplyDeletematilda jane is normally sold only through trunk shows. you can look at the pieces on-line, though at
matildajaneclothing.com
if you'd like to order, send me a list at
momentswithlove AT gmail DOT com
i can paypal invoice you & have it shipped to your house.
i'm closing the show on may 16th.
thanks, friends!!
What is happy mail, it sounds like an amazing thing.
ReplyDeleteIf you need to join my one-woman, computer disaster, AHH my pictures are gone becuase I'm an idiot and didn't back them up support group, you know where to find me. I FEEEEL your pain. And my pictures were just of traveling, not of anything nearly as important as, say, a KID.
ReplyDeleteThat pic of your family? Way too cute.
hello...random stranger commenting again. found some mugs here...http://www.etsy.com/shop/retrogalusa - she calls her shop the peacock shop...super cute and whimsical. not that i have a clue as to what style you would like. anyhoo, thanks for the beautiful posts and allowing me a peek into your private life. as we are moving forward with our adoption process (ethiopia, only country i qualify for with my recent cancer history) i am uplifted by the simplicity of your love for your family and the story you tell. it's been hard to not overthink everything in the face of all sorts of outside opinions. i'm just trying to follow my heart and where god is sending me. so, in a lot of ways i see you as an example. thanks for that and good luck with the mug hunting.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait until your show! I keep thinking about the skirt that I didn't buy because I wanted you to have the profit from it, so I'm counting down the days til I can order it for real.
ReplyDeleteLove ~ Will you ship to Canada???? We need us some MJ in Canada!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOooh...the picture thing scares me! I have way too many saved on my computer and not enough printed off. I need to back them all up because if I lost them all I would just cry and cry and cry! Sending prayers your way that they save them all, Love! ;)
ReplyDeleteeep! must start backing up everything...
ReplyDeletetried to find a love mug i saw before but instead found a mama bear mug =)
http://coffeebean.com/Mama-Bear---Jane-Jenni-Mug-P733C89.aspx?Page=1