oh, how i miss that little girl.

I fell in love with Matilda Jane Clothing the minute I saw it.
{hello? the cute.}
Since then, I've fallen even more in love with the company.

When I wrote Denise and asked her if she'd like to send
a little something for the children of the orphanage
she immediately responded, "absolutely."

And then, suddenly, there was a HUGE box of beautiful clothing
on my doorstep. Ready to be packed into a suitcase and given to
a precious treasure. To be given to...

A child who has NOTHING of their own.
A child who was abandoned or orphaned.
A child who longs for the love of a family.
A child who doesn't get told often enough how beautiful they are.
{Especially in God's eyes.}

They were thrilled.




I also had the blessing of being able to give some of the clothing
she sent to a few street children. That is not even an experience I can put
into words. Will you think about it for a minute though?

Children living on the street. In a poverty stricken country.
Receiving something {beautiful} of their very own.
My prayer is that it reminds them of their own beauty and gives them HOPE.

May we all remember how very blessed we are.
And look for the opportunity to be Jesus to someone.
every.single.day.

Comments

  1. What a beautiful post Love! i've never had my eyes more open than i do now...after your willingness to so openly share your heart these last few months. thank you for being you and for sharing that with us here! i am so blessed by you...more than you could possibly know. HUGS! LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with Matilda Jane for doing such a wonderful thing...

    ...and you should know that everyday I'm in awe of YOU and your HEART. You are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel tears welling a little - this is the sweetest thing I have ever heard! and those pictures are just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, wow, wow - how awesome and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a beautiful gift to those children, clothes and someone being Jesus to them!

    You are such a blessing to so many!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful, as are you...
    I have so much respect for Matilda Jane ans i can't wait for Eden to fit in her clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm melting. Honestly, those photos took my breath away. No little girl in this entire world deserves a pretty dress more than those little girls, and they wear it so well.
    Obviously I can't buy any Matilda Jane clothing for my kids, but I will make sure that every mama to a little girl knows what a great company they are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an Angel <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember walking into the hut and my sweet girl running over to me... I told her I loved her outfit and she looked in my eyes and said "Elizabeth is beautiful!)... I cried... my sweet girl you are so beautiful. I am so thankful for you and Matilda Jane's Denise for making my sweet girl feel beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is something majestic, beautiful, heart-wrenching, RIGHT - about seeing these little girls, little orphans, in American boutique children's clothing. Made me cry. Thank you so much for sharing. I hope they know how beautiful they truly are.
    -- Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your beautiful actions, pictures and words brought tears to my eyes. What a blessing you are. Thank you so very much for sharing and all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad these images finally made it to your blog. TRUE BEAUTY. I pray that these little ones will KNOW how beautiful and LOVED they are by their creator!!!! Yeah to Denise for hooking you up with a little sunshine for their souls!!!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful gifts for a girl with a beautiful smile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so very inspirational. those beautiful beautiful girls in their dresses -- such a magical sight!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am going there right now to buy something that is awesome and the CLOTHES OMG!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am glad I'm getting to know you. I'm so grateful for your light, your spirit of gratitude, the grace you see and show in all situations. Thank you for reminding me today how incredibly blessed I am, and that I have the chance to bless others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very touching! I'm moved and tears are streaming.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very touching! I'm moved and tears are streaming.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are an amazing woman.

    The end.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This post had me in tears. Too often these children don't get beautiful things, things of their own. What a wonderful hope, to help them recognize their own beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment