a wonderful confirmation
our journey to Clayton
who is waiting for us in Africa.
need to catch up?
after the meeting with the director, i was so happy...yet so confused. her answer was so simple.
just "okay." i had so many questions about the process: how long would it take to verify
he is adoptable? what does that process entail? how often does it not happen?
but, in reality, none of that mattered right then.
she said okay, and i needed to trust and be patient.
so, i left her office.
it was naptime, so clayton was sleeping. i snuck in and videotaped him. so precious
sucking his thumb. as i walked back to the guest house, fear and confusion began to set in
for the first time. i prayed,
"how in the world do i love him as intensely as i do, knowing that we might still lose him?"
i did know it my heart that it would be worth it to love him whole-heartedly no matter what,
but, He knew i needed a little extra assurance.
i walked down to the little internet cafe during their naptime. this is something i did almost
everyday that i was there. it was wonderful to stay in touch and receive so many encouraging
words from home. i was obviously so emotional and just kept re-playing the conversation i'd
just had. i sat down at the computer and suddenly realized what song was playing on their
little radio. most days it had been milli vanilli, celine dion or sinead o'connor. i had never
heard a worship song at all. but, right at that very moment, i realized that the song playing was
just as i had every moment prior to the meeting, i again loved him whole-heartedly from
that moment. the silly few moments of confusion and fear? God cared enough about our
son to reassure me that our Clayton, our Elijah, (his name at the babies' home!) would indeed
be our son. we obviously still have paperwork to do....court to appear in....a ruling to be
handed out....and more paperwork to complete. but, in my heart i have....and will forever
be his mom. we all love him with all our hearts.
right now, we're waiting on a court date. when we get this date, we'll travel back to Africa to
bring him home. that trip will be somewhere around 21 days. my husband and i are planning
on splitting that trip between us. thank you for walking this journey with us. we feel humbled
by the support and love for what to us is just a simple story of love.
annnnd, i saw that a lot of you wished me happy birthday yesterday on steph's blog while
commenting that you had been following our story. thank you so much for that! i'm so grateful
for this lovely community! here's the video of our sweet boy for anyone that missed it!
Chills! I love that song. I love your story.
ReplyDeleteSteph
I came across your story through Stephanie's blog and I just wanted to tell you that I am praying for the safe and timely arrival of Clayton.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing such a lovely story! Praying for safe journeys..
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful story, loved every part of it!
ReplyDeleteAmazing... that God had that song playing for you at that time! I just love your video. Continued prayers for Clayton to be home with you SOON!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't even put into words how much your story continues to move me. I still remember the first time we met, and Beth told us that you were adopting. I was in awe of you then, and I've never lost that feeling.
ReplyDeleteI pray that it happens soon for you. The love your feel for him POURS out of your blog. It's contagious.
ReplyDeleteNell
I'm so excited for you!!
ReplyDeleteLove that song. We sing it in church all the time.
I'm away right now, but will follow through on my offer to you when I return home next week. :)
Lovelyn~
ReplyDeleteWe have never met personally but I got hooked on your blog through Natalie and now enjoy your beautiful stories about your children!!!
Anyways I will be there next week to visit Natalie and want to get a shirt from you! I have tried to buy one before but my paypal account is messed up b.c I switched bank accounts!
Let me know what would be the easist for me to get one from you!
Continued blessings on your journey with Clayton! Such a beautiful and amazing story of love!
Thanks,
Allison Maines
allisonmaines@gmail.com
soooo grateful that the Lord spoke to u!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday!!!!
It is just such an incredible privilege to pray for you and your family during this season of anticipation and falling in love. God is good and His hand is so clearly guiding Clayton's homecoming. Destiny
ReplyDeleteLovelyn,
ReplyDeleteI was lead to your blog, through Steph...and I'm so taken with you and your family. Your complete openness to where God is leading you...so amazing. We should all learn to be such great "listeners". I find myself thinking of your family and praying for you through out the day! I wish you all the best!
I'm so inspired by you and will be praying that the Lord opens doors, closes doors, and makes all things work out perfectly for you both!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, blessings, blessings be on you and your family as you pray for Clayton's care and safekeeping while he's away from you, speedy adoption paperwork, and safe travels for you and hubby.
ReplyDeleteWhat a *wonderful gift* you're passing along to this little boy: loving him into a family, just as God did for us--adopting us into His family!
Awesome :)
What a sweet story. The Lord works his love, and I'm so touched.
ReplyDeleteP.s. He looks like such a goof. ;)
Love, a
ReplyDeleteAt 2:20 on the video he sees you, and smiles. I had chills running up my arms. The next moment he starts to crawl towards you, knowing that you are the one that will love him for the rest of his life. Such a blessing, such wonderful gift you are giving this little boy.
I love his smile,. so full and honest.
Thank you for sharing your story.