scenes from our days.

the kids all love legos so much that we found huge lots of them to buy.  we had a few hours
of separate girl/boy time this weekend. with my boy time, we broke into this box.
holy legos.  they were, and still are, thrilled!


this is emelia love's new move.  she couldn't figure out how to move her hands when 
on all fours, so she started this. she sometimes lurches forward then to reach
whatever she has her eye on.  [note: normally a stray lego. eek!]

homeschooling isn't always this peaceful, but a lot of times it is.  i'm really thankful 
they are home with me despite the difficult times.


this was yesterday after i got home from our first Listen to Your Mother read through.
it was the first time the cast members met and heard each other's stories.  it was awesome
and totally reminded me why i'm working so hard on this show--these stories are 
precious and awesome and hilarious and heartbreaking.
we need more opportunities to just sit and listen to each other about real things.
the twins did awesome in my 3 hours absence and we were all very happy
to see each other!

i resisted the keurig popularity for a long time.  i had no desire.  our coffee maker worked just
fine & it seemed expensive and wasteful.  matt talked me into one as it is easier to make a cup
for his clients, when we have small group over & friends can choose what they'd like.

you guys.  why on earth did i wait so long?!  if you know a new mama-of-many this 
should be the gift your friends go in on and get her.  
life changing.
so please tell me, as we figure out which coffee we like, do you have a favorite k-cup?



Comments

  1. You know, I keep resisting the Keurig! I had one- it was the mini one and so it didn't make iced coffee very easy, but I've been thinking about getting the big one!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wolfgang Puck breakfast blend is my favorite thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love our EkoBrew (a reusable Kcup that you refill). You can use the fair-trade coffee you already have, it is much cheaper and no waste.
    Amazon sells "variety" Kcup packs. When we first got ours we got the fair-trade variety pack so we tasted a bunch a found the ones we liked. (That was before we discovered the EcoBrew)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've tried a variety pack from amazon, but i'm going to look for the fair trade one. thanks!

      Delete
  4. Your story about the Keurig made me laugh. My husband tried to convince me to get one for over a year...I finally relented. I felt the same way you did, life changing, my friend. It's awesome! For me, it makes me feel like I'm doing something special, just for me, by brewing a single cup. Silly, I know. But, I love it!

    My fave is Green Mountain Nantucket Blend (bought in bulk). I also enjoy the Celestial tea blends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I've been resisting too. But now I may need to ask for one for Mother's Day. Life changing? I think I'm sold ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE my Keurig. If I could marry it, I would! :) If it ever breaks, it will be replaced without hesitation. I saved and waited for it to go on sale and to have a coupon at the same time before I finally purchased my beloved Keurig. I worked for that thing! LOL

    My favorite is Coconut Mocha by Donut Shop. That's some YUMMY stuff! I also like German Chocolate by Timothy's. Oh, and then there's Caramel Vanilla Cream by Green Mountain. I like to have some variety. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. variety is my favorite! =) will check these out...thanks!

      Delete
  7. My old apartment building in Philadelphia had one in the lobby and I loooooved it. I've been not-so-patiently waiting to get one of our own now that we've moved.
    My favorite was always the Donut Shop varieties. The regular is just the perfect cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what we've started with...a box of the regular Donut Shop. love it and excited to try some of their other ones, too! hope you get one soon!

      Delete
  8. Hi Love!!

    Yes, Keriug is wonderful!! My favorite ones are Newman's Special Blend - yumm! And I love the Starbucks Mocha Powder - I haven't been able to find it lately!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i somehow missed that you're homeschooling--i know you'd been thinking seriously about it, but i've been hit-or-miss with my blog reading this past year. what curriculum are you using with the olders? anything that surprised you in a great way? not so great? while this is off in the distant (four and a half years from now) future, we may need to homeschool our kiddos while back on home assignment, so of course my mind is already leaping ahead to uncharted territories. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i GET the hit and miss blog reading. i'm 99% miss right now--i hope i can soon ease back into reading just a few though. missing it for many reasons!

      we are doing online public homeschool for the oldest three. we are doing that curriculum in order to quality for the voucher for private school--they have had to be in public school for 2 semesters to qualify for that. it is not the homeschooling that i imagined--but it's doable and i LOVE having them home. i really love the teaching and learning that happens in between all the online school stuff. wish i could do it 'my way' but thankful for this option and how it will help our family. we plan on them going back to private school next year. [miss you.]

      Delete
  10. Chocolate glazed donut (green mountain coffee) and Island Coconut. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts