sisters and brothers.


I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where 
they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day...little black boys and black girls will be able to join 
hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

-Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. I Have A Dream speech 1963

::::::::::

here are a couple scenes just from this morning.


we are so thankful for his dream.  for his courage and vision.
prayerful that his call to peace and equality will continue to move forward.
for all.

a few resources:
full I Have A Dream speech
we've been reading this book for the past couple of days.
adore THIS post.
i love this post: Tolerance Is a Bad Word

Comments

  1. I love these pictures. I hope we keep moving forward and realizing his dream every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore these pictures and the words that go along with them, and I am so ridiculously greatful for that amazing man and all he did to change the world. It is because of him that so many of us don't see color we just see beauty , I love the beauty displayed in your pictures they speak so much love to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I got chills and almost cried as I laid eyes on the first word and picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So awesomely sweet!!! Love you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. We have four kids: two black, two white. We met our adopted son's birth parents and one of the questions his father asked us was: "Why a black child?" (he is from South Africa). And I explained to him that where we live, that is not an issue. And it really isn't. It has been 9 years since we adopted our first child, a beautiful daughter, and we haven't ever encountered racism in all those years. I am so grateful for that!

    Natacha (blogging from Luxembourg)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chills covered me as I looked at these pictures and read the words. This is pure beauty. This is priceless. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Words can't describe how precious this is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too.
    So thankful for his dream!
    Thank you for living it out his dream every day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. goodness, i love them. and you. and that image of your older twins? be still, my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow this was so beautiful! Thanks for always sharing you heart, your vision, your love for children. It encourages me so much - we're in the process of becoming foster parents again & I feel God's clear leading, even when "the world" is against "blended families"...thankfully GOD is their FATHER and I am His servant...praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts