fresh.
i love fresh starts.
i don't typically make resolutions for the new year. i do always think about it
and see if i want to. every thought of a resolution for me came back to this--
i just want to love well. in every situation & each person in front of me...
i just want to love well. i realize that's not very easily measured,
so maybe i do want a little bucket list of sorts for the year to come.
i think i'll work on that in my journal, but top of the list is doing a
daily devotional with our church that leads me through the Bible in
one year. it has daily scripture readings, meditations on the text and
application. i'm excited about it. you can find it HERE to join
in if you'd like!
i'm excited for the year. 2012 was definitely
a precious year to remember [and i'll be backdating some posts
soon in order to do just that] and i'm hopeful i'll feel the same about
this year in another 365 days.
wishing you peace, joy and so much love in 2013.

Happy New Year Love to you and your family. Your Love Well resolution is beautiful. I think you already do it well :)
ReplyDeleteThat is a perfect goal for the new year. Wishing you a wonderful one. Love, Becky
ReplyDeleteYes, "love well" is my hope too for 2013! Maybe I should add "see Love" too ;). XO Happy New Year Friend!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year Love!!! Wishing your family all the best in 2013!! Thank you as always for sharing your life with us -- and showing us how to "love well!"
ReplyDeleteI read through the Bible in a year for the first time last year. My dad is a pastor, my husband's parents were missionaries in Africa, my husband and I talk theology a lot, I'm an avid reader, I thought I knew the Bible pretty well. Reading the Bible in a year taught me about how much I don't know (a lot!). It was such a life-giving and life-changing experience. For a book containing multiple genres and written over a span of a thousand (+) years, it's incredibly cohesive. As the days passed, I really could see the way that the word of God was permeating my heart. It wasn't always easy. There were times that I found the passages incredibly frustrating, and there were times that the stories caused me to doubt. (I think Rachel Held Evans sums it up well when she says reading the Bible left her with a limp - http://rachelheldevans.com/blog/i-love-the-bible). The ESV Study Bible is a m a z i n g - if you are looking for a good resource. I just read Misreading Scripture with Western Eyes, which was fantastic at pointing out our cultural blindspots and I'm currently reading Marriage and Family in the Biblical World which is so helpful in understand the culture in which the Bible was written.
ReplyDeleteNow that I have formed the habit of reading Scripture daily, it's hard to imagine my life without it. I am going to read the Bible again this year - I'm already half way through Exodus, and let me say the journey is even better the second time through. I do my readings often times while I am nursing, but I also loved allaudiobible on You Tube, which are dramatic readings, available for the entire bible. The kids even enjoyed listening. I would listen while folding laundry or picking the kids up from school, if I got behind on my reading.
Good luck - you won't regret it!
that's the best kind of non-resolution i know. i pray that often, before talking with a friend, going in to small group, even grocery shopping--that i'll love the people around me well.
ReplyDeleteps thanks for the resource, it looks straight up my alley. have a beautiful year, friend.
What a great inspirational post. I just truly love your blog! I have always wanted to adopt, either locally or international, and I have done a lot of searches for adoption blogs, and I think I came across yours several months ago from The Anderson Crew's blog. I always look forward to new posts. Your children are just simply adorable & I can't wait to have my own.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year sweet Palms! Can't wait to do more of life with y'all in this next year.
ReplyDeleteI love your simple but profound resolution to love well. I am going to keep that in mind - and that includes loving myself well!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year! The boys were remembering ringing in the New Year with your family and it made us all sorts of sad and missing you all!
ReplyDeleteSteph
You know I love this post. :) I read it on my phone, I think, at some point. Just remembered now to come back and say I love you. If anyone is already on the road to loving well, it is you, my friend.
ReplyDelete