sling diaries :: delight

i wake to the twins nestled warmly beside me.  there are a precious few
minutes at that part of the day to breathe deeply & lie gratefully in whatever 
is to come of the day.  soon, there is the hustle & bustle of a house of 11
and i need to make sure that my focus is where i'd like it.

so, as most mornings, i quietly repeat to myself to delight in them.
over and over every morning, i remind myself that i desire to realize
the importance of what is right in front of me.  i want there to be time
to stop & look in the eyes.  to not only listen, but to hear them.
to weigh the importance of what we're doing with how it will
shape their hearts. to delight in the little things that are oh so big.

some days i do it better than others, but always it is there in my heart,
resetting itself when i get off track.
delight in them.
love them well.
these are precious days that we cannot get back.



 ::::::::::

 this is part of a series for the Sling Diaries: volume II.
i am wearing an essential linen sling in driftwood & mint.

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness... Everything about this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration, and I know you give the glory to God! Thank you for this reminder to love well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! I'd love to know where you got your dress- do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness that sling is gorgeous and I can't believe how big the girls look already! Delightful.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos gave me chills, they are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i love these photos. twins in the sling! how precious. i'm sure they feel a little like they're back in the womb this way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You wear being a mama beautifully, it so suits you. You are so overwhelmingly blessed but then again I don't need to remind you:) the picture of you smiling next to baby girl on the horse, is nothing short of breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know how I came across your blog, but I'm so glad I did! You have a beautiful heart, and family! I have 3 girls and need to be reminded of this. I love your positive outlook, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful!!! Your photos are incredible. Thanks so much for the reminder to cherish our children every day...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too had chills looking at these, something about the snugness of those twines, the twinkle in your mama's eyes, the joyful throwing of leaves with the rest of the brood. Oh! delightful in every way... I am looking forward to my slings arriving so I can take my little one for a stroll in them xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing...I miss having a babe to wear in my sling!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beauty, Lovelyn. Your words, your life and these photos. (Do you have an pro photographer just follow you guys around?)
    Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously gorgeous <3 Love everything about this post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All these pics are positively perfect. Miss seeing you and your loves.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You make it look so easy! Love popping in here to see what you are all up to (although I have obviously not been here for a while. Those little girls are already 3 months old. :o How did that happen?)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts