shop. [updated with winner]

i love to do my shopping to help adoptive families & non-profits when i can.
there are some cute things out there that creative families are using to 
help bring their kids home.  i want to share a few with you today and 
i want you to feel free to link to anything in the comments that YOU might
be using to fund raise an adoption!  i'd love to take a peek and maybe others
will, too.

i love this bracelet from my friend, chastity.  they have also adopted from uganda
and this is benefitting their current domestic adoption.  it is made from a vintage
quilt and references one of my favorite verse. the other side says:
act justly. love mercy. walk humbly. 
they have many other ways to help, too--including a raffle with a gorgeous quilt. 
you can find info HERE--click on adoption shop for the bracelet.


 i love Project Hopeful's new t-shirt!  
[matt, i'd love this for my birthday in 19 days. ; ) ]
find all their cute things for an awesome cause HERE.
my friend from college is helping one of her good friends raise money
for their adoption of a child with special needs from Serbia.  i love watching
others come alongside of their friends who are adopting because i know what that
feels like.  it's beautiful.  check out these hand screen printed cards with one of my
favorite quotes from mother teresa!  you can find out more about the family HERE
and if you'd like to order the cards, just donate $15 to their paypal & indicate that you'd
like these cards.


also, i wouldn't want to miss THIS raffle giveaway.  the prizes are awesome & 
the family is traveling so soon.  [seriously--anthropologie, gussy sews, lisa leonard & more!]


finally, i'm hosting a Scentsy party for my friend, Mary who is really close to 
travel for their adoption, too!  it will be open for the next three days if you'd
like to purchase anything.  i can't wait to get some new Fall scents for our home!

happy shopping [for a purpose!]


oh--i bought an extra truthlet bracelet to give away!  all comments here
with e-mail addresses included will be entered.

COMMENTS CLOSED.
Winner of the truthlet was picked by random number generator
#12 Emily! 
will be in touch.
you can check out their adoption journey and fundraisers HERE.

Comments

  1. Your posts always give me goosebumps. You're just wonderful <3 I'd love to chat with you about helping out in a sort of neat way if I can. Will you email me? desireefawn at gmail Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you will have to let me know what scents you like- I'd love to get a new fall candle for here but don't know what to get!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing, I love the new t-shirts! Our family is having an online auction to benefit our adoption. It is here http://www.facebook.com/joyfuljourneymom and we have over 70 donations from organizations such as 31 Bits, Global Mamas, Light Gives Heat and many others. SO grateful for their generosity. We also have a FSP link on our blog as our daughter was on Reece's Rainbow http://joyfuljourneymom.blogspot.com/ has the link to the tax deductible link. Thank you for allowing me to share about our fundraisers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great links and ideas as gift giving season approaches, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our family began "shopping with a purpose" a couple years ago, and WOW, it has brought a whole new level of HAPPY to my heart! It's like giving a gift twice! :D I LOVE your suggestions! Thanks! kristin at quamper dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing and creative goodies! My husband and I have been shopping with a purchase, it was a goal of mine this year to support Adoptive friends. We are actually in the process of adopting ourselves and at the moment creating a funky t-shirt to begin to raise funds.
    This post has inspired some fresh ideas!
    http://travelsofayoungwife.blogspot.com/
    acgerics@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to help others, as always!!
    Love them all!

    opusxonthecounter at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the links! I love being able to shop for an awesome purpose like adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quilted bracelet, I think I'll put that on my Christmas list!
    jmelloan at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are in the midst of an adoption and when it's all said and done, every penny that i have received from the gracious giving of others will be repaid through paying it forward.

    poulinsj@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of adopting. I hope one day I can. jeremyandjenniferlucio@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all so cute! We are also selling totes through http://www.mixedbagdesigns.com/Retail-Home to support our adoption. For funds to go towards our adoption account at checkout on the Review/Submit Order Page type: 142887 in the "School/Fundraiser ID#" field. www.emilydoss.blogspot.com to follow our adoption journey and dossfamilyadoption (@) gmail.com to enter the contest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved looking at all the sites you posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all these! rebeccakurber at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in awe of your grace as a mother of nine. I hope to one day have the financials means neccessary to adopt as well. My husband is adopted and it's something near and dear to our hearts. Your family is beautiful. Congratulations on a house overflowing with love :)

    For the bracelet: jm.cunningham@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been wanting a valid reason to buy some Scentsy and now I've got it! I wear my paper bead necklace (worn wrapped around my wrist) almost daily. I always get compliments on it and when I do, I pray for you and I pray for the families who are waiting for their babies to come home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to be entered in to win that darling bracelet.
    My e-mail address is: jessicamumford@hotmail.com

    My Etsy adoption fundraising shop:
    www.etsy.com/shop/withloveforafrica

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for giving us some great places to shop with purpose. It does my heart good knowing my money is well spent and helping others. I would love to be entered to win that gorgeous bracelet. My email is: oliviagrace1995@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all of the lovely adoption items. Sometimes I wish we were able to adopt as well. Also, your family is just so precious.

    Becky P.
    rjpowell25@johnsfire.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how you are always doing good! I am going to check these sites out today! Bridger just started his THIRD charity: water campaign, can you believe it?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, Lovelyn, this post makes me so happy! You have a busy full life and yet you still take time to help others. Good for you, girl! xo
    Would love to win the bracelet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love you heart.

    Jen

    martinson.jen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wanta win all of it ;). sha shaunavaughan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Enter me too please! teamjcrew@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. Here is my site for our adoption items we use to raise money for our Uganda adoption
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/110982371/hand-forged-antique-brass-patina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts