drink.

Sunday was an amazing day.  We took the same red dirt roads out to the village
in Busoga.  They were having church and awaiting our arrival.  We had a chance
to speak to them and to worship with them.  Then we headed down the same path
we took the first time that I saw the dirty water supply that they were sharing with the
animals.  There right beside a beautiful mango tree was the well.

I'm not sure I've ever felt the feeling of awe of how big our God is to see our son
pumping the clean water for the villagers.  When he was so touched by them, he
was still an orphan himself.  He has prayed for them since then and to see him
watch this full circle was a gift. 
our prayer for each person who drinks.
Special thanks to Morning Star Foundation.  They are currently based in China
and all of the babies they care for have major medical or surgical needs that they
are able to have met through the work of Morning Star.  They are in the process
of expanding to Uganda.  I'm so thankful that we were able to coordinate this trip 
with our friends from Morning Star Foundation.
Bill and Dan had seen their dirty water supply before and also felt called to help
our brothers & sisters there get clean water.  They graciously allowed us to jump on
board with them & you all were able to give through Morning Star Foundation.  
It was a gift to be there together and tell the people of Busoga how it's because of 
God's love for them and the fact that we are all brothers & sisters in Christ that we are here.

And a huge thank you to Holden Uganda.  This is the ministry that we partnered with to 
actually put the well in place.  They have provided clean drinking water throughout Uganda
with over 50 clean water wells since December 2010.  Each well serves between 500 & 2000
Ugandans and they are each dedicated to a baby or child that went to heaven before
their parents--as inspired by the founders baby Holden was born & already in his
eternal home.  Holden Uganda has been such a blessing all around this country we
love and we are thankful that they partnered with us to get these people in Busoga 
clean water.

The fact remains that many people are still drinking dirty water.  If you'd like to partner
with Holden Uganda to continue to provide more clean water wells, please check out how here.

Finally, thank you to each of you.  Thank you to those of you that have partnered with us
in prayer.  Those of you that gave a little, but it was so much.  Thank you to those of you
that gave hundreds of dollars to this project.  Thank you for those of you that spread the
word through your blogs, twitter and facebook.  I had a chance to stand in church and 
explain to the people of Busoga how God did this & I told them about each of you, too.
We are one big family and the people of Busoga are truly grateful for each of you.
They asked me to tell you that they are praying for you & asked that you keep 
praying for them.  I'm so grateful to have been a part of this.  Thank you for
joining me.  I've never been more thankful to have a blog.  What amazing 
experience this has been for me and my family.
All glory to God.

Comments

  1. This is THE MOST wonderful post! GLORY to GOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brought tears to my eyes ... what an amazing God we serve, and oh, how He loves us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smiling ALL OVER. Well done, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO amazing! The pictures are so telling. I can just feel the love and the excitement. Lovelyn, this is WONDERFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This gave me goosebumps. AMAZING AND AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely INCREDIBLE!!! Glory to the King!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING to see the pictures, Love!!! Thank you GOD for the way You work, weaving Your beautiful tapestry of passionate people all around the world, to care for those who are forgotten. I love watching two people I LOVE so much---you and the Erwins---joined together for fresh water. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. God is so faithful!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. God is good. All the time! Thank you for sharing the story and for letting us follow with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy about this Love! Beautiful, powerful images. What a special time for you, your girls, the boys. Wow. Praising the Lord today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. (I tried posting earlier so I apologize if I post twice ;)

    This is SO awesome! Praise God!!! This will make the difference in the lives of so many.

    I have a dream to one day fund a well somewhere in the world and this post just encouraged my heart that much more, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so wonderful to see their smiles and their joy. Thank you for giving us a way to help. This is just so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so beautiful that God brought it full circle for you beautiful children who had such an amazing part of this story. And to think about how many lives it has touched and how many more lives it will touch. What a beautiful story, that is still not over.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chin quivering .. eyes brimming. Praise God!! What a beautiful testimony to His grace and provision. Thank you, again, for including us in the blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are truly inspiring to me! To God be the glory.

    ReplyDelete
  16. AMAZING!!!
    Brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been sharing your website with my fifth grade class. They love reading your updates and learning about your family. They would love to participate in cupcake day to help the people in Uganda.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tears of joy are falling as I read this and see the pictures of God's children getting something that so many of us take for granted. Thank you for making the need known. Thank you for sharing the love. God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just heard the most amazing song and wanted to share...

    http://www.staged.com/video?v=NtK

    It reminded me of your boys and the people of Uganda. Especially appropriate after reading this wonderful post. You are making a difference in the lives of so many people and I so admire you for that! God Bless you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. How amazing! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, what a blessing....love reading about all God is doing in Uganda...thank you for all you are doing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts