dirty laundry.

our laundry room counter is stacked high with loads of clean laundry--ready to
be [re]tumbled in the dryer for a bit and folded.  the dryer already holds one load.  i could guess
that there are probably two dirty loads on the floor.  i updated my facebook status the other
day that all nine people's laundry was clean and put away.  it was true for literally
4 minutes and it's exactly that rarity that made it status worthy.  
i'm this weird mixture
of person that is super laid back, but to get something done, i want it 100% the way i
envisioned it done and i want it all the way done.  that means i leave lots of projects
sitting, waiting for just the perfect time when i can completely complete it according to
by vision.  [read also: annoying, but also extremely satisfying when it does get completed.]
so, if i let the laundry go for a day or two?  i must then let it sit until i can get 
ALL THE WAY through it.  

why do i tell you all these boring things, you ask me?
well, my friends--that would be for accountability.  the babes are napping.
the big boys are Lego-ing.  i'm going to show you a completely unstaged picture of
my laundry room and then bust a move to get as much done as possible in one hour.
ready?  okay--hold on.  let me go get a picture....


uh huh.  crazy town.  will be adding my after picture as soon as i can.

and after!  feeling much better!


Comments

  1. We shall do it together. [check your phone in a min]

    ReplyDelete
  2. inspired. off to put in a load and fold/put away the load that's currently sitting in the dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm exactly the same way.and I'm doing a marathon of laundry today after the flu has invaded.yay;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this post, and our laundry room looks like this often too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. laundry is my WORST thing! I'd rather buy everyone new clothes then get it done some days! OK, not really, but almost. May the force be with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uhhhh I was just sitting on the computer to avoid laundry and now I feel obligated to fold that load waiting for me......

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sometimes wish I had two washers and dryers for my family of four so how do you get by with just one!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck :) We only have three but laundry kills me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You just inspired me to get my laundry room all cleaned up this weekend. You have an awesome space! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You just described me - I'm happy to know I am in good company ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That has to be the most amazing laundry room I have ever seen...... tidy and not tidy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK...you're now officially my laundry hero! ;-) I "only" have 4 kiddos and I don't think I've ever been that caught up! Love your blue washer BTW...

    ReplyDelete
  13. GO you! I am so the same way about getting things done and unfinished projects... LOVE the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would rather do the dishes than LAUNDRY. But... LAWRDYYY If I had that LAUNDRY room!!!! I would LIVE IN THERE! LOLOLOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am EXACTLY like that with the laundry! I MUST get it all done and put away (for about four minutes...). Great minds think alike!
    I've enjoyed watching your family grow. I know it is not easy to parent kids who are at different stages/ages and you do a great job of it! Thanks for continuing to inspire me...have a blessed Christmas- Deena

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my...i feel like doïng laundry too now, but wrong time...dinnertime here now ;)
    Well one day i hope to have an actual "laundry-room" too, i have my machines in a tiny bathroom, have to sit on the toilet to be able to get stuf out of the waschingmaschine... but at least i have a dryer an washer ;)
    Well enjoy the tidyness while it lasts ;)
    Blessings Adriana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you. You just put perfectly in words how I've been struggling to describe myself. "i'm this weird mixture
    of person that is super laid back, but to get something done, i want it 100% the way i
    envisioned it done and i want it all the way done. that means i leave lots of projects
    sitting, waiting for just the perfect time when i can completely complete it according to
    by vision."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts