their dad.

this was a fun moment.  a moment i'm so grateful for.  i'm thankful
for a husband that is willing to walk in obedience to his Father--even
if that looks crazy or hard in this life.  i know i haven't shared the whole
story, but when we felt called to be open to adoption again while i was
on my ladies' mission trip in february, we were bound by certain requirements.

although we asked repeatedly that our family be allowed to be open to God's will
on paper regarding gender, age, health and number of children....we were required
on paper as eligible to adopt one healthy child age 36 months or younger.
i love that when i called matt and basically blew every 'requirement' listed there
that he didn't miss a beat.  although we didn't know how this was all going to work,
he fully trusted with me.  he, too, has been our boys' father from february 4th, 2011.
  
i'm grateful for his wisdom, balance, selflessness & devotion.
i'm grateful he is my husband & their dad.

Comments

  1. <3 Now, lets pray you all home together :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for this moment. Thank God for Matt's trust in you to bring his sons home.
    (miss you.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this picture of matt meeting them made me cry! Just when I feel like I couldn't be happier for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even handle how awesome this is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing.
    Happy Father's Day In October Matt!

    We are all anxiously awaiting for all of you to be together...and very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it is such an awesome journey to walk with the LORD. Precious picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for breaking us in slowly.... a few tears when I saw the pictures of the boys with you... a few more now as I see them with Matt... Maybe now I won't be a sobbing disaster when I finally see the picture of all nine of you! Okay, I probably still will be a sobbing disaster.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that picture! I'm sure it's a moment the boys won't soon forget.

    So thankful for husbands who trust their Lord (and their wives!).

    And I agree with the first commenter...let's pray these boys home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This melts me. I've been waiting to see this picture!! Makes me all weepy. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make me cry just about every single day lately!! Love this! So happy for your family!

    (P.S. I hope you got your shirt! And I'm making Africa ornaments now!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The huge smiles on Nico & Matt's faces and that ginormous hug from Jude says it all..."This is home."

    Happy tears (again) for all of you as your journey has just begun. God has blessed you abundantly and will continue to do so for you have answered his call! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. now that is one beautiful sight. love you so much, love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, stirring picture, Love. And a tender, honoring tribute to your husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really don't have the words for what my heart is feeling. Just so overwhelmed with happiness for all of you. A wonderful story!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy for you all. Just amazing to see the Lord work. I feel like we are in the same boat about wanting to be open to God's plan for us to adopt - been in the process of adopting from Uganda since May 2010...now expecting baby #5 in January...so we wait a little bit longer. However, because of our state's requirements things look a little dicey to adopt two or more as we feel that the Lord would have us to do. Thanks for sharing a little bit of your story that helps give faith to my heart! He is great and His plans can't be thwarted.

    ReplyDelete
  16. happy tears!!! matt is a one-of-a-kind husband, love.

    ReplyDelete
  17. there is just SO MUCH in this capture of that embrace! 43 u guys

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely breathtakingly wonderful! Such a special moment captured. SO happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts