local.

i love to be out in-country.  like--really where people are living and seeing their day
to day lives.  we walked to the boys' schools yesterday and i love how they realize
what a privilege and blessing school is. 
then, we went into the village to get things for dinner.  it's so beautiful here.
i mean, there is loss, grief, corruption, greed, desperation...
just like there is everywhere.
and while i realize that the degrees of things are different everywhere,
those are pretty universal.
yet, there is joy, contentment, perseverance and compassion, too.
many hands help prepare dinner.  people sit on the porch together
and talk--or, better yet, just sit.  buying local is the only option.
choosing joy is the only way.  laundry hangs out to dry.  kids get
as dirty as they'd like without even a fuss.  every blessing is appreciated.
relationships take precedent over time.
it is beautiful.

Comments

  1. These are the things I love about Uganda, too! So glad you get to see some of it. Thanks for carrying our chicken dinner home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful country, beautiful people, I miss it daily. Enjoy this time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes truly BEAUTIFUL! How long are you staying love?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm not sure how long we'll be here yet. sounds like final paperwork will [God-willing!] be ready in about a week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is. sometimes it takes sitting and just "being" there to see past what we see may see wrong, to see all that is right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post. Love what Shauna said. Just being. That's what I miss and love most about Ethiopia too. I want to go to Uganda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly amazing. I am really blessed to be able to experience it through you.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is beautiful, thank you so much for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a BRIGHT beautiful joyous classroom. Thank you for a glimpse into this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post. You are a better mama than me. I would have made the boys carry the chickens. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful indeed. Such a beautiful place and people. Love getting this glimpse.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a difference it will make in your sons' lives that you are so invested in their homeland. I really admire that about you and am so glad that you share via blog to inspire and teach others. In other news, it looks like you are not only buying local but buying FRESH. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yea,yea,it is a GREAT post and I love it. But I cannot get past what you are CARRYING IN YOUR HANDS!! You are now my hero. I cannot even imagine what you are about to do with those birds...hero. Truly...

    ReplyDelete
  14. choosing joy is the only way.

    love it. thanks for sharing your journey, praying for y'all! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. awww...ya'll are sweet, but the chicken carrying was ONLY for the picture. ; ) just because i wanted to experience and then i handed back to the boys. =)

    love you all. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. keeping you all in my prayers for a plane ride home together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are beautiful. still praying you along, my girl. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful!
    now, who plucked those chickens? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this entire post! I miss you friend! Where did you get your striped skirt and sweater?? LOVE IT and so cozy looking. I am having a hard time finding UG clothes:) XO

    ReplyDelete
  20. lol. no chicken coop in the back yard then? :( You also said no puppy so…..

    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts