you pick.
so, our house is coming right along. it's at the phase that
[despite my husband being a home builder & me seeing lots of homes built]
i can finally see it all taking shape and imagine what it will look like finished.
i thought it might be fun if you help me make my final decision on something!
this is our front porch. you can see that the exterior is being painted grey.
the painter was so patient with me as we tried several different shades to find the perfect one.
the tin look on the ceiling is just about done & the transom window above the doors
will be installed soon.
will you help me pick the front door color?!
you can see my pinboard for the front porch inspiration here,
but here are the colors that i've narrowed it down to:
peacock or lemon.
what'cha think?
i'll show you which color 'won' as soon as it's painted!
but here are the colors that i've narrowed it down to:
peacock or lemon.
what'cha think?
i'll show you which color 'won' as soon as it's painted!
![]() |
| source |



I think lemon would look bright and sunny! That's my vote :) Enjoy the whole process.
ReplyDeleteI think lemon for sure. It's so sunny and happy.
ReplyDeleteI agree, lemon would look so lovely. Especially in the winter months, can you imagine the snowy white ground and your lemon door welcoming you home?
ReplyDeleteI'm the dissenter, but I love peacock.
ReplyDeleteNormally, I would say Peacock in an instant...but I think with the gray you picked, the Lemon would be fabulous!
ReplyDeleteI love the peacock!!
ReplyDeleteThose are gorgeous colors! Okay I would pick lemon or peacock or rust... see, I would have to get a vote too, obviously. Ha!
ReplyDeletepeacock, love the peacock
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE the peacock. I think it's inviting. For some reason that particular shade often reminds me of you and your family.
ReplyDeletePeacock...it would be beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI think peacock would go better with the grey and the tin ceiling.
ReplyDeletePeacock!!! it's such a pretty color and it will go so well with the ceiling. Plus, possibly it won't show dirt as much as lemon might?
ReplyDeleteI was going to say torquoise before I even read your choices, so I vote peacock!
ReplyDeleteIts peacock for me. I'm partial to blues:)
ReplyDeletemy first thought was instantly PEACOCK!! that color would look so amazing with the gray exterior.
ReplyDeleteI'm really into the peacock colors lately I vote PEACOCK!! love your porch, loooove it!
ReplyDeleteThat shade of peacock is bellisimo!
ReplyDeletePeacock!
ReplyDeletePeacock!
ReplyDeleteBoth are gorgeous - and bold - and leave me wishing I had more of your bravery and beautiful taste when it comes to implementing color in my home...and the tin ceiling, oh my heart, Matt could have taught our builder a thing or two for sure. Simply striking. All that said, I'm going to have to go with Peacock. Can't wait for the final reveal!
ReplyDeleteI say Peacock! I am in love with that color right now! BUT yellow would be really unexpected and very modern. Tough decision!
ReplyDeleteI like both but think Lemon would look best with the colors of the house.
ReplyDeleteJanelle
I'd say the peacock. It's just so pretty!
ReplyDeletepeacock!!!
ReplyDeleteI think lemon as well. Nothing brightens up the snow around here like some sunshine :)
ReplyDeletePeacock!
ReplyDeleteBefore seeing your options, my first thought was gold. So it's gotta be lemon! It will be so bright and cheery especially where there will be a lot of shade from the porch.
ReplyDeleteI love grey and yellow for interior, but I'm not sure about exterior. Therefore my vote is peacock!
ReplyDeletePeacock! Or raspberry. I'm in a rut. ;)
ReplyDeleteAnother vote for Peacock here!!!
ReplyDeletelemon
ReplyDeleteLove both of the colors, but I'm voting for lemon!
ReplyDeletePeacock. Recently used it in my new home and it is beautiful and complimentary to many other colors.
ReplyDeletePeacock gets my vote! I love the gray siding and tin ceiling. Just beautiful!
ReplyDeletePeacock - it seems more inviting somehow.
ReplyDeleteLemon all the way! It would pop so well against the grey.
ReplyDeleteI love both of the colors. I am going to say Peacock paint. And plant up pots with yellow flowering plants.
ReplyDeleteI love the peacock, but the lemon seems more your personality and the personality of your happy, sweet family. The peacock is more soothing and calm and I think with 7 children, happy and bright is more appropriate.
ReplyDeletePeacock for sure!
ReplyDeletePeacock! I love that color, so it may just be because of that. But I love either one of those with grey.
ReplyDeleteI'm going with peacock. I love the lemon with the gray, but also think the peacock with gray will be gorgeous. The house looks beautiful!!
ReplyDeletePeacock!
ReplyDeleteOoooh I liked the idea above of the peacock door with yellow flowers in planted pots. That would look so amazing and then you'd have both colours! :)
ReplyDeletelemon!
ReplyDeletePeacock is one of my favorite colors but with that grey I'm going with lemon! Either will be fab, though.
ReplyDeleteI'm leaning towards lemon. Just because I think it is SO you and would look great with the colors as I've seen it. Peacock would be a fun change, too. I know whatEVER you choose will look amazing!
ReplyDeleteSteph
peacock! or Lemon :) but really... peacock!
ReplyDeleteLemon! Lemon!
ReplyDeleteThe peacock. It would go with all the seasons. Red at Christmas. Rust in the fall. Pink in the spring. Yellow and Orange in the summer! Yellow would go too, but the peacock has more contrast!
ReplyDeletein the time it took me to scroll down to the comment box, i'd already waffled between peacock and lemon three times. clearly i'm no help. the good news is you can't go wrong! :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Peacock!!!
ReplyDeletePeacock!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are having our house sided in a very similar grey this week with white trim and I'm going yellowish on the door. Of course I have't done it yet so I can't tell you how it looks ;) But if you choose yellow and it looks awful...at least we will go down together ;)
ReplyDeletegotta go with lemon
ReplyDeleteno doubt about it, Lemon!
ReplyDeleteLemon!
ReplyDeletehmmm i still think you should do one on the inside and one on the outside! why not?!
ReplyDeleteteal makes me think of you. your shoes :) peacock vote for front door. lemon on inside would make foyer bright and sunny!
Lemon seems like it would an obvious choice so try the peacock! You can always repaint it if you don't like it! ;)
ReplyDeleteI purposefully did not read the other entries/opinions...so maybe there's already a front runner, but I really like the peacock. The combo of the grey/peacock makes me feel like I'm at the beach.
ReplyDeleteI pick lemon!
ReplyDeleteI'm in love with peacock!! Sigh..:)
ReplyDeleteLemon!
ReplyDeleteMy gut says lemon. It's such a happy color! I think it would be awesome in the cold of winter to pull up and see such a happy, sunny front door waiting to welcom you in.
ReplyDeletethey would both be gorgeous but I am {loving} the peacock.
ReplyDeletepeacock! I'm biased though, I'm a huge fan of blues.
ReplyDeleteI love the peacock! It is going to be beautiful either way!!
ReplyDeletePeacock!
ReplyDeletePeacock
ReplyDeletepeacock
ReplyDeleteLemon!
ReplyDeleteLemon...the peacock paint is pretty, but I think it would get lost next to the gray of your house. The lemon would definitely *POP!* :)
ReplyDeletelemon!!!
ReplyDeletePeacock would be lovely with the gray!
ReplyDeleteGotta go with lemon! I love yellows and grays together. Who cares if it shows a little more dirt? It means someone lives there. :)
ReplyDeleteohh, love the peacock. {though i don't think you could go wrong with either!} =)
ReplyDeletePEACOCK!!! I love it!!!! And...it won't show as much traffic! Yes...PEACOCK!!!!!
ReplyDeleteMy vote is for the lemon. I think it will pop nicely against the gray. And I think yellow and gray is such a great combination. I think a sunny front door would literally brighten my day whenever I came home! : )
ReplyDeleteI love both of them... but I think I like the peacock best. Love the tin roof on the porch! Might have to integrate that on our porch.
ReplyDeleteI vote for lemon...but that's because I love everything yellow. Peacock is my next fave color though, so I think you're golden either way (no pun intended...teehee).
ReplyDeleteLemon. But either way, FAB.
ReplyDeleteI vote for lemon
ReplyDeletePEACOCK
ReplyDeleteI LOVE PEACOCK!!!
ReplyDeletePeacock but really you can't go wrong wither way. Excited to see which one you decide on :)
ReplyDeleteI have painted my front doors both yellow and teal. Both are lovely, but I got way more compliments on the yellow. And it looks bright, sunny and fun even on dreary days. I have loved reading your blog for the last few months; loove your family, you are such an inspiration. I hope to have one like yours one day.
ReplyDeleteI loooove turquoise, but i feel you should paint your front door yellow. WIll look lovely!!!
ReplyDeletethey are both so pretty!
ReplyDeletei think i heart the lemon just a smidge more though.
I vote peacock. While I think the lemon would be bright and cheery, I think the peacock would make it feel home-y and inviting. Peacock!
ReplyDeleteI'm lemon all the way. The peacock is gorgeous but I think the lemon will really pop! Can't wait to see pics!
ReplyDeleteLemon :)
ReplyDeletePeacock... without a doubt!
ReplyDeletePEACOCK. ♥
ReplyDeleteOhhh I LOVE all your color choices. What a great idea to do the tin on the ceiling. Your house looks beautiful so far. I am voting Lemon in hopes it will make the winter blahs more manageable :) I can't wait to hear the result.
ReplyDeleteTotally torn because I love love love them both. BUT I think in this case Peacock...
ReplyDeleteIt is looking mighty gorgeous! My vote is for peacock.
ReplyDeleteI think lemon!
ReplyDeletelemon for sure! peacock is a pretty color, but I don't think it's very cheery year round!
ReplyDeletePeacock all the way, baby!
ReplyDeletePeacock, for sure
ReplyDeleteLemon would make it POP!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLemon
ReplyDeleteHi! Just found your blog. Definitely peacock!! :)
ReplyDeletePeacock!!!
ReplyDeletePeacock all the way!
ReplyDeletepeacock and lemon...two of my favorites. both would look great with grey...my ultimate favorite! but my vote goes to peacock!
ReplyDeleteLate comer... Peacock!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm leaning towards lemon. Such a cheerful color...for your joy-filled home.
ReplyDeletestephanie@metropolitanmama.net
Before I even saw the color choices, I was thinking mustard, I love mustard and gray together. So, I say go for the lemon!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I think it is great that you have over 100 comments just about paint on a door ;)