small style.

this is the mini-vacation edition of small style for Mama Loves Papa.  

here's bianca's comfy, laid-back, but still stylish look for vacay.
 headband: target
tunic & white capris: old navy
shoes: livie & luca

we are having the best time.  well, except for when we aren't.
someone with older children please tell me that the fight to be the elevator-
button-pusher stops at some age!  just when i think we have a system down,
someone loses their mind.  about a button.  ::sigh::
oh, and i might have had to go into one of the pools
with my flip flops & sundress on to retrieve a
child that would.not.come.out.

but, other than that?  best time.
chloe & anika are loving the slides.
ellie wants to spend all her time in the "hot" tub.
clay is a bucket full of JOY in the water.
bianca has definitely warmed up, but prefers to be in the sling.
[i'm okay with that.]

yesterday i had the fun experience of chatting with a blog reader!
there i stood in my swim suit and Barbie came up
and introduced herself saying that she reads the blog.
i immediately recognized her name & although i had to go chase littles
who had taken the opportunity to run....we got to chat today.
so fun!

i don't say it enough how much i love this little space that i have.
i'm so grateful for it.  i'd still write if i had zero readers, but i do admit
that you guys make it extra special.  i'm always grateful to hear from you,
hear about you, hear your encouragement & get to know you when i can.
thank you.

now, tell me something about you so when you see me standing in my swim suit
sometime, i don't run away from you because i'll recognize who you are! =)
[so happy to meet you, Barbie! hope you all had a great getaway, too!]

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness how fun is that!

    And the elevator thing... it gets better when they are about 8. You have a while. :)

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe we'll just take the stairs? no super tall buildings in our area, anyway. ;)

    and that is super cool about meeting a fellow blogger!! i had a blogger recognize me at our grocery store a while back, but she didn't say anything to me - just commented about it later. it was so crazy!! [but i really wish she would have come up to me, even though i probably had a crying baby and a preschooler begging for a treat].

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Love, it's so refreshing to hear that I'm not the only one with kids who fight. :) Sometimes it's easy to think that (not necessarily from you, but ... you know...the interwebs).

    Anyway...something about me physically (because you know we're going to meet in Uganda, right?) Hmmm...I have a nose ring which I love and will probably still be wearing when I'm 74.
    I have thick, dark brown hair and it's truly a blessing. It's easy and beautiful and it's pretty much the one thing I can always say I love about myself (if I can't find anything else...:D).
    I'm curvy. (and curious about the bathing suit you ended up going with...I need a new one).

    ReplyDelete
  4. From your pictures I have a pretty good idea where you are vacationing. We went there last year during Spring break and had a wonderful time with our 2 year old. Glad to hear you are enjoying yourselves...outside the elevator!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to admit, I'm one of those read-often-rarely-comment type people but I just had to say that tunic your little one is wearing is adorable! Great colours!!

    My kids are 5 and 6 and yes, they both still do the elevator button thing. Although they have got better at negotiating whose turn it is.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know....mine are 9,7 and 3 and still all fight over the elevator buttons. I'll let you know if it gets better! :)

    Something about me? I have 3 little boys, and last weekend we went to Orlando to meet up with Beth and have her take our family photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, so glad you had a nice mini getaway and I totally hear you on the elevator fight which is just one of many in our house right now...sigh!! We just got back from Great Wolf Lodge ourselves (their is one in Niagara Falls Canada) and the girls just enjoy it so much. Especially Allyson getting the Scooops foot treatment. Been twice now and it is such a wonderful, family friendly vacay. If we met I would be the one with a little one on each hip while trying to wrangle my other two beauties (hopefully more one day!) to stop driving each other crazy:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soo funny - we have a ton of the same stuff! (We *only* have 3 girls though.) I was THISCLOSE to buying that top at Old Navy and one of my kiddos has those shoes (although her fat little feet pop out the top).

    Hear ya on the elevator buttons. Any kind of button though, really.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I have blonde hair. Sometimes curly, sometimes not. I typically have on some piece of Ugandan jewelry. And.....I will [currently] be the one with out children staring at you because you have an adopted baby...that looks super familiar....So I will probably come up to you and I will most definitely not look like a barbie! Hope yall are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So I'm outing myself! LOL! :) I think I've commented once before on your blog, but otherwise I pretty much lurk.

    It sounds like you are having lots of fun. And I giggled reading your description of having a blog reader see you in your swimsuit.

    Something about me: I have 3 little girls, I LOVE adoption, and I dream one day of actually being good at photography. Oh and I dream of a family vacation that we can all enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so excited for you.
    You are like one of the coolest celebrity bloggers I know! : )
    Keep chillaxin!
    I only have one kid and he practically fights with himself to push the button : )
    I suggest taking them out one night after the littles are in bed and letting them ride up and down to their hearts content. How much fun would that be? For them. Not for you of course : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. had the elevator funness today at the mall,the answer is...it never ends:(
    something about me,i am horribly adicted to coffee and hair accesories..i know random:)and my name is siobhan pronounced shuv-on and i have 5 children ages 8,7,4,4,and 3 months and i live in north idaho origianly from cali:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is such a little beauty!

    I love that outfit! The white capris are so sweet. I kind of want a pair for myself. And, tell me, does she actually keep the headband on? I cannot keep Finley's on her head for the life of me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. When we run into each other, out on a trip somewhere, here's an identifier for me... I have a loud laugh. Some people like it & say it sounds joyful. But, it sorta sounds like a loud cackle most times....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love Bianca's outfit. She is just so precious and melts me every time you post pictures of her.

    The button thing will go away. I remember racing with my siblings to the elevator for the same reason- and to the car, so we could sit next to the air conditioning and heating controls (we called it the button seat). I don't know what it is about those buttons, but we got over it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My teenager has finally stopped fighting for the coveted elevator button-pusher spot, but I have to say my 11 and 7-year-olds still go at it EVERY TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i'm pretty sure *i* still want to push that elevator button, so apparently you shouldn't ask me for help there. ;)

    hmmn, what do you not already know about me? i repeatedly buy the chocolate raspberry creamer at the grocer, but then i bring it home and never like it that much. they need to name it something less delightful so i don't fall for this every single time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awe, what a sweetie! (And also... I'm jealous of your weather!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh, just happened upon your blog today. Glad I did! I just watched your video of meeting Clayton! Oh My Goodness!!!!! My husband, Jeff, and I are in the #1 spot to receive a referral for an infant boy (#2 spot for unrelated children and #4 spot for siblings!). I love watching videos that remind me that this journey is REAL! And that we too, will one day have a video like this ~ showing how faithful God is, and how GOOD He is!!!!!!! :) Blessings to you and your family ~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a fun trip...minus the sprinkling of spazzy kid moments...but that's just part of vacation with the littles I guess! Adorable outfit on your sweet girl! If you don't mind me asking, I'd love to know where you got your adult tights with tiny ruffles on the bottom!! You were wearing them in your family photo announcing your beautiful new sons :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad to have run into you:)! You have a precious family!

    Glad we got a chance to talk...sorry if I startled you a bit:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts