it will follow.

can i get an amen?!
it's got to be coming.
i really try to embrace the seasons.  i'm grateful that we live in
a place where the miracle of seasons change happens four times every year.
i'd rather not wish away days.  each of the seasons has so much nostalgia with it anyway.  
i love the sprinklers in the summer.  the pumpkin picking in the fall.
the sledding followed by hot cocoa in the winter.  
the first opening up of the windows in the spring. oh, isn't that day wonderful?!

so, it will come.  and i wait expectantly.
no matter how long this winter season is, spring will certainly come.
how comforting.  
in the weather and in life.
whether a season of trial or waiting or attack or discouragement,
spring will come.
i'm looking forward to it.


  
   prints purchased here        

Comments

  1. Love this and am SO right there with you, in more ways then one! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a way with words, you know that? you are so encouraging, thank you.

    i needed this reminder today, because, i'm so so ready for spring, almost wishing away the days. which is silly, b/c i definitely don't want to wish away these days with my little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Abra -- You really cheered my heart today! Thank you for sharing some of your [inner] sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. indeed! thanks for the contagious, positive outlook;)
    it is 38 degrees and melting here today! woohoo spring, maybe you're near!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Valentina, and love that you have her prints! That saying is SO good & true- of all things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this!
    needed it today!
    He knew... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so true! I can't wait for that first day of opening the windows, either. The prints are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautifully said, but just like you each season as it's charm, but I long for spring and NEW LIFE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. a great reminder today...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great reminder and wonderful words, as I too am going through a season here, though not weather-related. We have such beautiful spring weather here already, that I wish SO MUCH that I could package it and send it your way to cheer your heart! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AMEN! My husband and I were just talking about this. We live in the suburbs of Milwaukee and this winter seems like its lasting forever. On the other hand, my son turned 2 in November, and I feel like that was just yesterday.

    You are absolutely right that we appreciate spring all the more after winter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so right!! Spring will come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day he created Spring. ~Bern Williams

    I just copied and pasted this from a blog and then ran into this post. Oh, so lovely. The words and the art are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can hardly wait either this year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts