someday.
Egypt. Guatemala. Sweden. London. San Diego. Kauai.
Queensland. Fiji.
a big ol' laundry room. shelves & cubbies. gigantic counter. double machines.
to have a instant photo booth. strips of happy. printed to savor time.
a pop machine. crushed ice. pepsi. styrofoam cups.
an orchard celebration after a beautiful renewal with my husband. full of knowing the
weight of our vows. full of choice to love [still]. twinkle lights abound. our very closest
loved ones...the ones that do life with us. that love & challenge & hold accountable.
vintagey, dainty flower print fabric buntings. yellow and brown. or maybe robin egg blue
with red and a dash of yellow. apothecary jars filled with sweets.
dancing & laughing into the morning.
to be there. villages. immersed. my whole family. living amongst. living with.
as our community. loving them fully, exactly where they are.
a full day of thrifting/crafting/painting/creating/exploring with my girls.
that my son will never fear for food again.
that no child should ever fear for food again.
to take our family to Uganda.
to have a huge garden. homemade bread daily. clothes on the line. children
running free. collecting eggs every morning.
for every child to know the love of a family.
i'm sure i'll add more.
what do you dream of?


beautiful, beautiful dreams. I can picture them all.
ReplyDeletei dream of bringing my baby home from ethiopia. raising him/her to know love and be thankful. and to someday take all my babies back there. to fill their hearts with a love for giving and for people.
ReplyDeleteit starts with me.
dreaming is beautiful. especially when you get to see some of the dreams come alive.
ReplyDeletepretty picture.
i love reading your thoughts on here. :)
A baby
ReplyDeleteLots of babies
Clothes lines filled with little clothes
Maui
Africa
Guatemala
A housekeeper
A new bed with new linens
Walks on the beach
A ministry to advocate for orphans
Sitting in the dirt praying with the village kids
Seeing the captive set free through Jesus......
OH MY I could go on and on.
this is such a great post.
ReplyDeleteI dream of Salvation for all my loved ones, friends (and even enemies), of a new home, perfect coffee every day, bigger boobs, smaller nose, no hair on my legs to shave, family gatherings every week...catered of course!, no war, no hate, basically world peace. Wow this could go on...thanks for making me think.
trusting God enough not to fear the unknown! Thanks for the "dream" post - once again I am a sobbing mess and swelled up with "wishful" things.
ReplyDeletetrusting God enough not to fear the unknown! Thanks for the "dream" post - once again I am a sobbing mess and swelled up with "wishful" things.
ReplyDeleteWhy did he not trust food?? :(
ReplyDeleteThank you for this...
ReplyDelete-Dreaming of Haiti
-sending my children out as arrows
-a life that glows "Jesus"
-having butterflies when my hubby comes into the room
-seeing my church alive
-watching my children enjoy life
-my "future" babies
Mine are so close to yours!!!!
ReplyDeleteTo love fully could sum it up :-)
I love all these things! And I read "our very closet loved ones" and thought it would be nice to keep my loved ones in our own closet and then I re-read it.
ReplyDeleteSteph
6 or 7 or 10 daughters.
ReplyDeleteIn the country.
Big shabby farmhouse.
Our own eggs, milk, garden.
Horses and goats.
Living life day in and out together.
Giving every day til it hurts. Raising a small army of future life bearers and homemakers.
Pointing to Him.
Oh, and lots and lots and lots of books, learning, art and creativity.
ReplyDeleteJust so you know, my parents have an orchard. In May, the lilacs all bloom in a big row.
ReplyDeleteMy dreams? I'm not sure. Just to find more beauty and have a bigger house someday.
You have a beautiful life. So glad so many of your dreams have already come true.
ReplyDeleteMornings in Ethiopia, evenings in Hawaii, only whole bean, fair trade coffee for the rest of my life. The smell of clothes on the line, the sound of "mommy" being screamed by twenty voices that are all talking to me and the smell of vanilla always except when replaced by fresh coffee and then homemade cherry pie.
ReplyDeleteLOVED this post!
I love this, Love. I am going to have to write my own blog post inspired by this.
ReplyDeleteCrushed ice. Yes!
Orchard celebration. Perfect.
Africa with the whole family. Please.
Beautiful...dreams...
ReplyDeleteThat the words I speak with touch peoples' hearts.
Those are truly beautiful dreams. I loved EVERY one of them. What a beautiful heart you must have!!!! my husband and I put together a little video about our promise to our adopted sons... and it reminds me of your dreams. www.takingtwo.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteOh my. I'm going to copy you and do this on my blog! :) (I'll link to you!)
ReplyDeleteYour posts always make me smile and really make me think. *hugs*
your dream sounds like the perfect dream like one when you wake up you want to go back to sleep and finish it!
ReplyDeletei would join you on a lot of your dream like the part about every child having a family... we are in prayer about adoption...
i would add time to read , hot sun and a sandy beach and icecream :)
...thanx for sharing :)
those things. those things, love. those are the things i dream of. dang you for ALWAYS making me cry.
ReplyDeletegorgeous photo! I just found your blog and i love it.
ReplyDeleteI dream of so many things. my head is permanently stuck in the clouds (:
so beautiful... I can totally feel it!
ReplyDeletebritt
What a stunning photograph to accompany your post!
ReplyDeleteI love hearing about your [lovely] dreams...and I hope they all come true.
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net