snow globe.

i'm not good at playing in the snow, but i want to be.
so, i gathered the kids' snow gear today & set off to find my own.
i promptly realized that i don't have even one piece of snow gear
for myself.  not real snow gear anyway.
not for living in a lake effect region that can have feet of snow dumped at anytime.
i have some pretty, cold weather gear.
[not really the same.]

oh well.  i donned it & played [for a few minutes] anyway.
we do have sledding plans soon.
i think i'll have to make this the year i fix this snow gear situation.
i'm much better at the hibernating part of a snowy day.
a warm house, music playing, hazelnut coffee candles going.
i declare, look! we're in a snowglobe! fairly often throughout the day
and anika says, 
i know, mom!  a shaken up snow globe!

i'm better at the hot cocoa making & the teaching of how to 
cup your painfully cold hands around the mug for warmth.
at the pot roast and veggies cooking.
laundry going.
craft making.
paper snowflake cutting.
caring for the sick husband.
having a dance party.
bread baking.
the snow sure is pretty, but i'm better at those.

Comments

  1. super sweet! me too, better at those;) xo
    happy sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like playing in the snow either, but maybe once a year. And that's not enough for me to really have a full-on snow suit and stuff, but I try. I am thankful the kids have each other to play with while I make them something warm inside! :)

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! Thankfully we don't get much snow. Of course, that means when we do get it my kids are very eager to play in it and none of us really have the right equipment. They make do anyway and I stay inside preparing the hot cocoa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You live your life with such alertness and joy that it makes my heart ache for the sheer beauty of it. Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we're due for 4-6 inches....that's a lot for us! I was so excited about making the little guy a snowman, and then he started puking this afternoon....oh man! :( Looks like we'll be doing laundry alright! Hot cocoa is a great idea...I think I'll make some to cheer myself up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have lots and lots of snow here! More than we typically do. Oh and I adore that last photo of your kids! So sweet! Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! And yes, I like to stay-in way more too. But the kids think I am a rockstar if I flop down for a quick snow angel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too bad Drew & I aren't there to roll around in the snow in our faux snow gear. :) Soon enough

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can only do the play-in-the-snow-thing once or twice a year...which is ok cause I live in the South. I'm better at all that other stuff too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am the same way (most of the time).

    I'm curious: have you always lived in a place with snowy winters?

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts