flurries.
| making a meal this morning. |
hi, friends! i have a quick minute while the babies are probably
almost done napping, ellie is spending time with matt & i'm
done preparing the 'big' girls' after school snack.
i feel like i have a lot to say, but now is not the exact, right time.
i have much more to share about my upcoming trip to Africa. soon.
i've changed all the decorations in our house to winter.
pea green/yellow/pumpkin has been replaced with maroon & gold.
i love the changing of the seasons. it's refreshing.
oh, except the top 1/2 of my Christmas tree lights went out last night.
sad. i'm not sure how i'm going to fix it with it being all decorated.
matt seems to think it's because i put 2250 lights on our tree.
whatever.
[yeah, he's probably right. but, i broke it up into 3 different outlets & it was fine.]
seriously. someone come help me.
i'll pay you in peppermint mocha lattes.
it's starting to flurry again right now.
so pretty.
we went out for a bit earlier in it and tried to catch snowflakes on our tongues.
let me find a picture....
silly ellie!
the babies found it much more efficient to pick it up & stick it in their mouths! =)
what are you up to today?

So jealous of those flurries!
ReplyDeleteHowever, God did bless me with a gorgeous 65 degree morning at the park with my babes. That first picture is adorable!!
I still like to catch it with my tongue too! the first picture is adorable I love the little dress :-)
ReplyDeleteToday I'm taking my husband for coffee and hopefully hunting down some advent candles (I always seem to be a bit behind). I wish it would snow here!
ReplyDeletelove the hat...so cute! Its flurrying here too!
ReplyDeleteI right now am trying to fight some queasiness that has snuck up on me after lunch. Tomorrow is the start of my 2nd trimester, so maybe its just a farewell wave.
Happy Wednesday, can't wait to hear your news when you are ready to share.
just so you know, i always get excited when you update! love the snippets into your life!
ReplyDeletei'm enjoying a day of feeling light-hearted after many dark days. thanks to HIS hope and peace and grace. there's no other explanation...
They make a little device that you can use to help you find out which light is out on your strand of Christmas lights. You just run it down the strand and it will make a noise when it reaches the bulb that is burned out. It might help you get the lights burning again. :)
ReplyDeleteIt was so lovely today! I would love a peppermint mocha!
ReplyDeleteSteph
Clay is so darn cute! (Well, all your kids are!) I love his facial expressions.
ReplyDelete2,250 lights? You and my husband must be members of the same club. For him, more=better :)
Today I whipped up our Advent calendar for the season. It's the first time we've had a plan for preparing our hearts to celebrate Christmas, and I'm so excited to get going on our daily activities.
Love Clay's hat!
ReplyDeleteLaundry here today...trying to get caught up even if it's just for a day!
Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!
Trying to stay warm, and crafting things for our upcoming Christmas program at school. 13 gingerbread men costumes, 25 'Happy Birthday Jesus' party hats, and sewing the star on a Christmas tree costume.
ReplyDeleteLaundry and cuddles and enjoying the flurries!
ReplyDeleteLove the babies in the kitchen!
ReplyDeleteI know I don't comment often, but you gotta know...I love checking in on your blog!! One of my daily faves!
ReplyDeleteHugs and can't wait to hear @ Africa!
I can't wait to hear more about Africa. And maroon and gold? My favorite colors. Those were our wedding colors (we got married in winter).
ReplyDeleteWould love to see your Christmas decor...I need some mantel/vases ides!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Jill
www.campfunk.blogspot.com
I want to come live in your house and play kitchen with the twins and catch flurries on my tongue. I'll gladly fix your lights and then curl up in a cozy corner with a mocha.
ReplyDeleteI don't take up much space.
It all just sounds so magical and safe.
Lovely words. We have a chunk of lights out in the middle of the tree. As it has been that way for a week, so I suppose it shall remain this season.
ReplyDeleteToday we had homeschool group with our pre-K group. They got to paint airplanes and the 4 year old wrote his K's well. So, for him fantastic.
I am soothing an 18 month old with a rotten cough and ridiculously runny nose. Thankful for accessible doctors and medicine and slings.
We had Taco Bell for lunch, with large Dr. Pepper. Since starting to read your blog the 2 seem to have to go together. The 3 year old actually ate his taco without asking to have it cut into bites and for a fork. Victory!
The house is as quite as can be now, as all 3 sleep (never happens!). The opposite of the volume of the house this morning, which drove me to the Dr. Pepper. I have listened to a Piper sermon, prayed, read scriptures and am ready for the volume to return...almost.
Okay...I am LOVING that photo of your twinsies! So cute! And we got a good amount of snow here as well...my little one was upset that it was melting...I told her not to worry...there will be plenty more where that came from! Crazy Ohio weather!
ReplyDeleteYou pay in peppermint mocha lattes? I wish I could take you up on that - and sit and visit and get to know you!
ReplyDeleteI have a question...where did you get the shelves that you placed at their height? I have been looking for something small like that to put near my daughter's kitchen to no avail.
ReplyDeleteMy email address is kathrynbilberry@yahoo.com if you have the time to quickly respond! Thank you!