fresh.

the first snow.
the candle is still melted from the summer's heat.
lit when friends gathered on the deck for grilling & laughter.
sure, i miss summer.  i'm not particularly fond of cold.
but, man is it beautiful.
a fresh start to the always changing seasons.
i like it.

Comments

  1. Did it really snow where you are? I live in Minnesota so I always thought we got the award for first snow,aside from mountain areas, of course. But today it is 60 degrees and sunny.

    You are so right. I hate the cold too. But I would never trade it in for anything less than four distinct seasons.

    jenny@mamanash.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow snow already!!!! I guess it's coming our way soon :-)

    What a gorgeous picture you took !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I am still high from finding it early this morning. It's been a great day.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! it's beautiful! enjoy your cozy day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely breathtaking!!

    It was 95 here yesterday :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you're actually colder than us today! It was 65 and sunny this afternoon!

    lovely snow though! {grin}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there. found you via ideacamp and your lovely post over there. just wanted to say that i love your blog, your photos, your words, your family, your heart for the orphan--and the little, important, moments.

    i'll be back visiting again, and want to link your "are we done yet?" post later this week --would love for others to see that!

    have a great day,
    laura parker

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just thinking this week, how much you might like Texas weather. I would love to have snow this early and have the fireplace lit, but it goes week by week. This week it's gotten down in the 40's at night, but this coming week it's going to be in the upper 80's, then it will rain and be cold again. Gotta love that Texas weather! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get out of the city.
    I can not believe you have SNOW!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts