just life.
what a sweet surprise these were from an on-line friend.
thank you, carrie.
i try to fill our home with things that make my heart happy;
these measuring cups will do it everytime. thank you!
we had storms here yesterday.
we saw a double rainbow &
this as the girls went up to bed:
i have several home projects i'm trying to get done today.
i'm going to have to be careful because as the weather turns,
i tend to cocoon in our home. i guess that's okay, but maybe not
for 4 months. [and with 5 kids.]
the babies are sitting next to each other in their highchairs.
clay just asked me for a pound dog. which is awesome.
i think some people call it knucks or knuckles?
anyway. CUTE.
ellie just determined that she didn't like the color of her cup.
she instead wants red for nana.
she associates all colors with people.
blue for papaw. green for mom. orange for her uncle na.
i love it.
my coffee tastes perfect this morning &
i hope the same for you.
happy day, friends.

LOVE those cups. and i feel you on the weather thing- feeling like a hermit crab when it starts to get cold. but sometimes it is so nice to just be home all day with the ones you love. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your life with us, it blesses me! My son associates all colors with the characters from the Cars movie! Red for Lightning McQueen, Green for Chick Hicks, etc! It is catching, you know, we have caught ourselves referring to something brown as "Mater colored"!
ReplyDeletethis post is absolutely lovely, put a smile on my face this morning!
ReplyDeleteLOVE LOVE LOVE those measuring cups!!!
Have a wonderful day!
Renee
I love those measuring cups and had them (or ones similar to them) in my hands at Anthro & I just couldn't get them.
ReplyDeleteLast night after dishes & cleaning cat boxes I stepped outside and caught a beautiful rainbow (after The Chicken pointed it out to me) I got to snap a photo and then just as quick as it appeared it was gone.
Pound Dog... that melts my heart!
ReplyDeleteI tend to cocoon in my home for the winter, too. ;p
those measuring cups? gorgeous!! and on my wishlist for fifty forevers. *drool* (sorry)
ReplyDeleteyour kids are amazing.
it's a rainy, blustery day today, so i'm trying to get some projects done, as well. as quick as i can before two little someones wake up.
These measuring cups are perfect!!!
ReplyDeleteMy coffee is tasting pretty good specially with a side of your blog ( :
Wow, look at those blues and purples in the evening sky! Beautiful! Those measuring cups are so fun, too.
ReplyDeleteHappy day to you, and yes...
...the coffee is perfect! : )
totally digging those measuring cups! very cute.
ReplyDeleteps found you via "pie in the sky" (that's my sister's blog!)
www.cailenascher.blogspot.com
pps great blog! following you now : )
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful gift! I love it. And I've heard there's something very special about associating people and feelings with colors.
ReplyDeleteAs the weather turns I hope we still turn to each other.
Steph
I love when kids do pound fists. It makes me smile:-).
ReplyDeleteSo. I asked about your birthday because I wanted to send you something, but...the contact button doesn't work for my computer set up. (And then I waited WAY too long to ask.) Would you email me your address? My email address is sarah.marie.koller@gmail.com.
A fist bump? We say "blow it up." My 5 yo son does it very casually and silently, my 2.5 yo daughter makes an explosion noise and asks for a handshake and high five after. :)
ReplyDelete