[not] done.
i see moments like this & immediately praise God that this is my life.
that we listened. not on our power, but by His grace.
we get asked a lot if we "are done."
done bringing children into our family.
to be honest, i'm still usually taken back by the question.
unless it is a close friend, it seems pretty personal to me.
add to it that i'm usually trying to keep track of our 5 littles while i answer,
i usually stick to a polite, ambiguous answer.
you want to know what i'm really thinking though?
what i really start saying when i have the time to?
DONE?! how could i ever say we are done?
as long as we have more patience & more selflessness to learn...
as long as we feel called to it...
as long as there are 30,000 children dying each day from preventable causes...
as long as we have room in our hearts...
as long as we have a warm home & open arms....
as long as there are over 140 million orphans in the world...
as long as there is even 1 child waiting for their forever family...
as long as there are over 140 million orphans in the world...
as long as there is even 1 child waiting for their forever family...
as long as we keep trusting that His plan is better than worldly treasures...
we will not be done.


amen and amen.
ReplyDeletethat picture needs to win an award. it is sheer beauty.
Beautiful. Your answer is short but so very powerful and pure truth. The picture is perfection. What a treasure...
ReplyDeleteThat's a sweet picture. I love your honesty, and really wish we were in the same place in life. Sometimes, I wish I could be someone else. It's one of 'those' days today.
ReplyDeleteThat picture took my breath away, Love.
ReplyDeleteLove, I have tears in my eyes over that picture. It's beautiful. I am so glad your twins have each other. :)
ReplyDeleteI don't want to be done with our two children that I gave birth to. And I get the questions with only two. I know there's a little boy out there that we'll bring home one day. I even know his name... I'm praying God brings us to him.
I pray for your journey too. That you're able to listen to where and how God needs you next.
That picture is absolutely amazing and beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLove this post.
Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI love this post.
absolutely inspirational, Love. what powerful words - "we will never be done".
ReplyDeleteand, beautiful picture. Took my breath away!
on a much lighter note, is congratulations in order? :P
AMEN!
ReplyDeleteSo perfect, and so true.
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful. And that photo is amazing!
ReplyDeleteCan I use that as my answer too?! Please?!
ReplyDeleteI am crying over the picture alone. Beauty that crushes my heart. Oh, Love! So powerful.
ReplyDeleteAnd the words . . . oh my heart is with yours. Oh, I am praying that my husband's heart will come to unity with mine in this.
I think your answer is perfect.
Such a beautiful photo.
ReplyDeleteI was asked twice today if I was done yet and I am usually so used to it, but felt quite uncomfortable about it today for some reason. Maybe it was awkward-ness of how it was asked. I just think I didn't feel like talking about it, to be honest. I'm so torn inside. I'm thinking up new ways to answer for next time. Because if I were to answer completely honestly, I would say the same thing as you.
Steph
seriously gorgeous.That picture makes my whole heart happy.I am pregnant with my 5th child and get asked this question a bazillion times and each time i answer yes just because i feel as im being judged.I feel as if my one purpose in life is to be a mother,a mother to many and i dont know how i could ever just be content with done.
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful picture! i love your honesty, and your willingness to listen to the Holy Spirit...He obviously has wonderful plans for you and your family! Praise God!
ReplyDeleteAmazing picture. Amazing, amazing picture!
ReplyDeleteHow could we ever be done, indeed. As if we are the authors of our own stories!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful picture and post.
Wow. This photo is SO incredibly beautiful. It isn't just worth 1000 words, but rather speaks volumes.
ReplyDeleteYou don't know me, but I check your blog daily, and have done so since there was a link to it on the vintage pearl's blog. I am in awe of your spirit and your faith and the patience that you have. I am not a mother myself, but still I can relate so much to your posts.
When I'm having a bad day, the "band-aid" is often watching the video of Clayton splashing in the pool...not just once, but watching it a couple of times. It makes everything alright with my world again.
Keep doing what you do so well. God Bless you and your family. And thanks for allowing us all to share your thoughts, see your photos, and walk the steps of this journey with you.
Peace and Blessings,
Amy
God bless you
ReplyDeleteAMen girL! and i absolutely LOVE that pic!
ReplyDeletebeautiful photo.
ReplyDeleteThat picture is just priceless! Love it!!
ReplyDeleteLove your answer to the question of "being done"...
I agree totally!!
I am over the moon for that picture and love what you have to say...always.
ReplyDeleteThe picture is adorable I absoulutly love it. You are such a great mommy and I love reading your blog. You inspire me to be better.
ReplyDeleteCan you hearing me shouting AMEN from Houston?
ReplyDeleteLOVE that picture, LOVE your words & heart. I'm shouting AMEN!! to your thoughts on being (not)'done'!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe picture is amazing! I cannot express how powerful but sweet it is.
ReplyDeleteYes. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI get asked this all the time. I used to say a resounding "yes!" But then I heard the call, from God, to open our hearts and home to the fatherless. Now I am praying my husband will hear that soon as well. So I'm sure you wouldn't mind to pray for that? Because I agree...we will never be "done".
There is just something so sweet about babies backs and spines leading down to cute little buns. Add in a hug from brother & what could be sweeter?
ReplyDelete"We will not be done..."
Say no more.
Lovelyn~
ReplyDeleteI want to thank you for all of your posts of true honesty. Your family is an inspiration to many (including me). People who think it can't be done, people who think they don't have to power to do this. Lovelyn I admire you, your patience, and selflessness. Your children are truly blessed to call you and Matt Mom and Dad.
~Jaime~
Love all of this
ReplyDeleteLOVE the picture!!! I feel the same way when people ask us that! With three 2yr olds and a 5yr old, they wonder how we could possibly want more. But, how could we be done with so many orphans still needing homes?! You are so right!!
ReplyDeleteYou have such a beautiful family!!
Praying that it grows to the glory of God!!
Kim Balts
Beautiful post, picture, and so, so true! Thanks for sharing! :)
ReplyDeleteFirst, gorgeous photo. It so seems to capture what your family is all about.
ReplyDeleteSecondly, Amen. Seriously, best answer ever.
That just might be the sweetest picture I have EVER seen. You should definitely submit it to a photo contest and I really hope you have it blown up on your wall! Pure love!
ReplyDeleteYou made a trumpet sound in my heart. :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. I also published a post about "family size" tonight.
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net
oh my friend, my sister-of-heart. so let it be.
ReplyDeleteThis may be one of my favorite posts of all time. Like want to print it out and hang it in my house, to remind me of my focus, favorite.
ReplyDeleteThat photo could be a poster for adoption! It's beautiful. This post says what my heart feels and my head thinks, the thoughts of my soul that I cannot put into words.
We have only one so far and already family asks how many we "plan" to have. I respond that we don't know because we aren't planning but we are seeking God's plan for us. With that I've gotten rolled eyes and comments like oh lord... what do you want to do compete with the Duggar's? It's frustrating at times and has caused me to prefer not to talk about it.
Thank you for writing this and reminding me that we are not alone in our feelings that as long as there are children in need of love we will not be done.
Thank you. Thank you so much for that answer. Now, the next time someone asks you that very personal question, I think you should rattle that off to them. And watch them walk away in shock. : )
ReplyDeletePerfect answer.
...I needed this today. You have no idea.
ReplyDelete...I needed this today. You have no idea.
ReplyDeleteJust another bit of inspiration. Listening, watching, seeking the Hope He has promised us...http://freeagentmommy.typepad.com/blog/2010/11/hope-inside.html
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely breathtaking. The photos AND the words behind the photo.
ReplyDeleteVisiting from Steph's.....Lisa
Oh how I love this post.
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful and true, as are you
(and the picture--I love it)
Thank you, lady.