let's chat.

i've run outta time today because i spent the babies' nap time looking for the 
USB cord to my camera.  i looked all over the house, in purses, even places my twitter
friend's suggested.  i did find it.  right where it should be in the bucket of cords and chargers.
classic me.
the babies are waking now.

this is what the "big" girls are doing right now.  a little sand and bird seed soup:


and this is littlest prior to taking her sleep.
i like rompers.  and bebe rolls.

the girl's plan is still in effect for helping a family that wants to adopt.  
i'll be sharing about it in a couple days.

what else is going on?
let's open up comments to random.  
your life.
your adoption process.
how you love to eat raw macaroni.  [me, too.]

you know why?
because sometimes, late at night, i get a chance to visit a couple of your blogs.
i get there and think....
what?  she has 8 kids?!  [awesome]
she's moving to Africa?!  [double awesome]
she loves crunching on raw macaroni?!  [i didn't really read that, yet]
talk to me.

Comments

  1. Um, I hope we can still be friends! I'm not adopting, but love (and am probably a bit envious of) those that do. I am not a fan of raw macaroni, unless it's for crafting purposes, but I sure like it cooked.

    :)

    What's your favorite pizza topping, Love?

    Mine is pineapple and pepperoncini peppers. And crushed red pepper on top.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness...of course! you're my friend forever. =)

    anything random is good!

    favorite pizza topping? mushroom, green pepper, black olive, onion & tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure we can still be friends even though I don't like raw macaroni, because we've still got that whole sweet skunk love goin' on. :)

    My favorite pizza toppings are sausage, black olives, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts. I also love prosciutto but of course you can't get that most places in America. :)

    And this is random, but my dentist gave me this new (to me) kind of toothbrush, and I looooove it. I'm traveling now and using my travel toothbrush and I hate it, I want to go buy another one of the magic dentist toothbrushes. It's like this one: https://cart.jbutler.com/store.php?crn=221&rn=478&action=show_detail
    But I'm bummed to read the reviews and see that the ones dentists give out have a smaller head (it's also all white and doesn't have a bulky handle). Maybe I'll have to beg my dentist for extras. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't eat raw pasta. I don't even like cooked macaroni [and cheese]. It smells weird.
    I ran out of time today too. I'm laying in bed trying to turn my brain off.
    Favorite thing to do in those stolen moments in your day?
    Mine would be sneaking a handful of chocolate chips and hiding in the laundry room to eat them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, I'm going to TOTALLY go for random.
    I am currently:
    *at work
    *missing my hubby
    *dreaming of my babies(in the future, of course;))
    *trying to dream/plan the business I want to start
    *figure out how my hubby will surprise me for my birthday on thursday(& dicide if I want my bday or not this year;))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never crunched on raw macaroni, but I do occasionally crunch on raw spaghetti noodles when I'm making spaghetti.

    I'm also dreaming of the day my baby boy is home from Uganda!

    I love your blog. It is such a joy to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, let's see... our playroom is unbearable messy (like can't walk in it right now messy), I wonder if it's expecting too much of my kids to clean up (just a bit!) after themselves most times without me prompting them or doing it myself, I've been having more braxton hicks than I ever remember having before at this point in pregnancy (which is freaking me out a bit...), I'm going to go deposit a check just so I can get out of the house but not have to *go* into anywhere, and last but not least... I plan on getting a large cranberry limeade from Sonic on my way to the ATM for that deposit even though I've missed happy hour for 1/2 price drinks now that I fiddled around doing nothing for too long... :) Blessings on your random day, Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, YESTERDAY I GOT ENGAGED!!!! and since we are insane and for various other reasons (no, we are NOT having a baby...) we are having the wedding august 14. as in, this august. as in, 33 days from today. SO my life just got a whole lot busier!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog so much-it really inspires me to take a step back and try to just breathe in life and enjoy my chaos. :) Thanks for that.

    Also, now I am craving homemade mac and cheese. Pregnant woman + power of suggestion = dangerous.
    The raw thing I just don't understand though....I'll have to ask a couple of my kids that like to munch on uncooked spaghetti. blech. Apparently this is more common than I realized. Who knew?

    I was discussing adoption with my friend the other night and thought of your sweet boy's beaming smile. He is one cute kid!

    And now my phone is ringing. To answer or not to answer......

    ReplyDelete
  10. My day....included a lot of NOTHING...which was a*w*e*s*o*m*e! It has been raining here all day (a beautiful blessing) so the kids & I have lounged, read books, watched cartoons, clipped coupons (more me--less them), talked to my sweet Gran, thought about reading some for school (decided against it), watched a movie/napped....it's been JOYOUS. Tomorrow I have jury duty so I guess it'll be back to the real world...yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not a fan of raw macaroni...but one of my new fave snacks is a banana slice sandwiched between two ritz crackers. Sounds weird but my boys & I enjoy it. We sit on the porch, all eating off the same plate. Its yummy & relaxing & a break from the norm snack time at the table that we do all winter! There's random for ya!

    BTW...I highly enjoy your blog & we do hope to adopt a baby one day from somewhere. I love reading about your journey & life with your little ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Random thoughts:
    Apparently I'm that woman who posts pictures of food on facebook and makes everyone else hungry. Now I feel guilty. And hungry.

    I really want to be 30 because that's the age to adopt from India. I'm impatient so hoping God decides elsewhere would work fine in the meantime.

    My favorite pizza has smoked sausage from Italy, capers, onions, baby artichokes, sundried tomatoes and is drizzled with chili oil.

    Never eaten raw macaroni, but perhaps my interest is piqued.

    My husband is home! Coffee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE raw macaroni. I love raw spaghetti even more. Yum.
    My favorite pizza topping is the exact same as Steph's, which is weird because it's kind of random, but we've never even pizza together!
    Because I've been so sick, I haven't drank any coffee since Friday, and I miss it. I love the taste.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been following your blog for a while but don't think I've ever commented. However, the moving to Africa thing- that's me... in 2 weeks. I love reading your blog and seeing how God has worked in your life through your adoption and also used you to work in others' lives.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Today I am: 1)Racking my brain to try and figure out a way to get 4 women, their 18 kids and super studly husbands all in one spot, at one time. 2.) Excited that my social worker said our adoption should be complete in less than a month [super stoked cuz now I am REALLY dreaming of more :)] 2.) Feeling lazy cuz I watched Your MIne and Ours with the kids and now I am one here.......

    Thanks for sharing your day - xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tonight is my night to volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House. There aren't a lot of kids around tonight, so I'm getting caught up on my blog reading which is kind of nice.
    I'm really hungry right now, but I'm just too lazy to take my soup downstairs to heat up. We're expecting 2 new families to arrive tonight and I'm just convinced that as soon as I'm downstairs they will be knocking on the door. I'd rather be here to greet them. Because I'm pretty sure they're not having a very good day today.
    Today was also my first day back at work after being on vacation for 2 weeks. Munchie cried when I dropped her off at preschool and it made me sad. Her teachers love her so much though that I know she was fine. Awesome preschool teachers are like angels on earth.
    I don't eat raw macaroni. I'd be scared of breaking my teeth. Raw cookie dough is more my style.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not adopting (I wish I could, but that would require hubby being in agreement), and I've never even thought of moving to Africa. Sorry. I feel like I'm SOOOOO very different than you, and yet you really are my favorite blog to read. Truly!
    My random: went to the dr hoping for a 'miracle cure' and ended up with a shot in the tushy and a script for PT. I've put myself on a stupid low calorie diet and am hating myself and everything because I'm hungry. And I want coffee...with LOTS of cream and sugar.
    Sorry my random is not happy. Maybe tomorrow when I wake up :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Baby boy popped his third tooth through (top left). After about a month of 4am moanings and wakings ... and then a week of little amounts of sleep, the tooth is finally through! Yay. I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep and may actually be able to get up at 5am to go to the gym.

    Random: We had nearly a dozen zucchini this weekend. I made four loaves of zucchini bread, two batches of zucchini stew, and next on the menu is a Rachael Ray zucchini pizza (with homemade crust). I also made Zwieback toast for the babe. My kitchen has still not recovered... and I'd rather read blogs than clean it up tonight. Plus rattling dishes might wake up my little one.

    aswistakstory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. laughing at the random coincidence that you also lost your usb cable. totally lost mine and posted about it over the weekend. glad you found yours. mine is still missing though i did find another one that works. =) randomness for today - moved mulch, played outside, moved mulch, got littlest ones his shots, realized there's a national recall on infant tylenol (awesome), prayed about lots including where adoption fits for us (my prayer ALOT lately) finally got the mulch all moved. thinking of picking blueberries tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love reading your blog too. I check it every day. My family is in the middle of a lot of change right now. We just adopted a 3 year old through foster care...she is my joy. We are in the process of moving to Belize to be missionaries after pastoring for the past 18 years (our whole marriage). We are currently living in a 2 bdrm apt with 3 kids and a dog...after our 4 bedroom home sold...for about six months til we move to Belize...

    I can relate because I cant find anything right now. I am constantly trying to downsize our stuff...because we cant take it all. Goodwill is getting lots of donations these days...but it is freeing.

    You inspire me to be a better mom and just slow down and enjoy my blessings. You inspired me to start my own blog...and to take more pictures...

    Have a great day, Love...

    ReplyDelete
  22. i'll take you up on the adoption story idea.

    i want to adopt from mongolia. i don't know why, but the Lord dropped the country in my heart, and it hasn't left. i've found out that only two agencies are known to facilitate adoptions from mongolia, and one of those is not currently working with the country at all.

    sometimes i think it's silly, and i ought to pick a more "normal" country. but then i'll come across someone who's been there or someone will mention it, and my heart will swell to sizes i cannot ignore.

    we haven't moved toward the process in any tangible way yet. we're actually thinking of adding an us-made child in the next year or so.

    even before the physical steps have started, however, i can't help but feel like the One who knows the future is orchestrating things on our behalf even now to bring home a child from that cold, faraway country.

    i can't wait. i just can't wait. the Lord will have to strengthen me between now and then, though, because the thought of seeing things work out after years of waiting and praying makes me think i will just die.

    reading your blog -- the adoption ups and downs -- stirs something up in my soul that i can only recognize as a confirmation that this is for us someday, someway.

    i may have said this all ready, but I.CANNOT.WAIT.

    ReplyDelete
  23. haha...you crack me up! i'm not much for eating raw macaroni but I do love mixing all my food together most of the time and dipping french fries in frosties at wendys! both of which my husband finds gross! :0) a tid bit of info about us...we just finished our gotcha day video and it will be posted to our blog tomorrow! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  24. just opened my box of mac & cheese, threw away the cheese and am going to read your comments while crunching away.....

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have been envisioning this grand benefit at our house--with a band and jumping castles, and lots of kid games and food galore and people pitching tents (we live on my in-laws land). Today the band canceled on me. They are also playing during the Sturgis Rally (see that's within a half hour of where we live) and they don't think they can take any more on. I'm a little distraught, but have some big hopes that something else will work out to honor our newest little member...sweetest, most gorgeous baby girl of mine. :0)

    And after being gone for four hours I realized I had left the gas burner on on the stove. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Enjoying peace and quiet...cup of coffee...folding laundry...One daughter at camp, one daughter at summer school and the son is still sleeping! Reflecting on the joy of God's peace in my life. Thinking about baby Ivan that I helped bring into the world last night at work...

    I love any raw pasta. So do my kids. I love sausage, onion and mushroom on my pizza. I love pesto sauce and any kind of red meat. I love coffee in the morning, iced tea in the afternoon and a nice glass of wine with dinner (occasionally). HATE milk, even ice cold and in a real glass...

    Stumbled onto your blog when I ordered a coffee sleeve. My bestest friend is adopting her SECOND child (sixth of the total!) from Ethiopia and I try to help out anyone adoptiing.

    Love reading your everyday events, thanks for sharing!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  27. My favorite pizza toppings are pineapple and ham, although now I think I will try to add banana peppers (I don't like pepperocinis)...our big "deal" right now is that I'm trying LIKE CRAZY to get my 5 year old back to eating fruits and veggies. Luckily that means my hubby and I are also eating A TON more fruits and veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I secretly eat raw whole grain penne pasta. And later find stray noodles in my purse. Embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. random thoughts:

    i havent blogged in over a month and my mom is mad about that!

    its WAY to hot in california to be with out AC (its getting up to 105 this week!!!)

    im going to the mountains this weekend where it will be in the 70s

    im taking 4 kids, 1-6 to the movies tomorrow, dont know if im a cool mom/aunt or a crazy one!

    also said niece is staying the night tonight, shes not a good sleeper! again cool or crazy!?!

    13 month old has found a love for popsicles!

    said baby is in the bathroom (again) bc im on the internet!

    got to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your blog!

    I love Goldfish crackers- more than my kids do.

    I couldn't get through a day without a cup of hot cocoa.

    I do not like Beth Moore- and feel horrible to admit that... like I'm not part of a secret church girl club.

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have never tried raw macaroni. I am pretty sure I would like it though because basically, if it is a carb, in any form, I LOVE it. Darn it all!

    I am trying to think of something else brilliant to say and I have nothing.

    I adore baby rolls and rompers. I want a baby so badly. Must remind my husband of that again...you know, because the one zillion times I have asked for a baby so far this year might have not impacted him : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts