green.
[grass. plants. weeds.]
[toad.]
[dress. hose. more grass.]
i'm not sure when i became so thankful for little things. like green grass and a just-the-right
colored green dress. but i am. our life isn't perfect. my life isn't perfect. in fact, the man that
was here this morning doing some work probably left with quite a headache as we all tried to
figure out how mornings are going to work with 6 of us home everyday.
clay didn't get his cereal fast enough! bianca needs a banana! it's time to do our journals!
my milk isn't cold enough! please get down off the counter! we don't throw our cup, buddy!
SHE BLINKED AT MEEEEE!
i do know that it will get better, though. i know that it is a sacrifice to learn to live joyfully
with a house full of siblings and parents everywhere you go. a sacrifice that comes with many
more blessings than drawbacks.
soon, everyone was eating. someone stopped mid-bite to say a prayer. journals were
done and blinking went by un-noticed. messes were cleaned and we sat on the floor playing
hot potato as biggest sister pushed littlest sister around in a red, plastic shopping cart.
there is so much green right here.
and also right there.
with you.


thanks for sharing that. I am in the midst of a lot of stress (house hunting and currently living with parents), it's stressful on my husband and kids too. my job requires a lot of "out of the office" type stuff that i often don't feel like I can do. I know i should make the sacrifices now (an hour here an hour there) and just do what is best for my family.
ReplyDeletethanks for the reminder.
I was just going to take this one in my reader and I started scanning, and then I had to come over and say thank you, this was beautiful, and this is life, and I love it... you're so brave. sometimes that's what helps us others be brave too.
ReplyDeleteawesome.
I was a little confused about the frogs in your post before since I know you hate fish so much... but now I am just downright perplexed! :) I would hold a frog or toad, pick it up, chase it hopping through the yard... but I would NOT kiss it! Tooooo funny. :)
ReplyDeleteLove your attitude.
Still not sure about the toad, though. :)
I love the blinking part, too funny! I've also heard "she's breathing too close to me". I'm so jealous of your pretty green grass as we are trying to get some to grow in this awful backyard we inherited! So yes, even little things like grass are to be appreciated.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a perfectly imperfect morning.
ReplyDeletei, too, was gonna take this in my reader, but i had to comment. you are the greatest, greatest, greatest. like...i wanna say it so much because your outlook and insight are such a blessing. i don't wanna be too weirdo though so i won't say it the 1,000 times that i want to. ;) i do love your dress. that is my most favorite color. husband says it looks good on me. hehe. ever since you posted about your dress/leggings uniform, i have been on the lookout for cute dresses for summer. thing is, they can't be too low-cut, and they have to look good without anything under or over them. i live in texas, and it's WAY too hot for more than one layer in summer. is this green one recent? from where? love you, love!
ReplyDeleteyes yes yes! That is soo true. So much to be thankful for in the midst of so much chaos (sometimes). Somestimes I just think "how."
ReplyDeleteThe green can be so powerful if you let it!
ReplyDelete