cutting.

ellie helped me carefully sort the flowers and place them into small vases throughout the house.
soon, we were back to playing.  i sat on the kitchen floor with her baby brother & sister.  she pulled
a chair over to the cabinets.  she needs a cup.  she needs scissors.  she is on a mission.  off she goes
out the back door.  i watch her from the deck.  she is proud of her idea.  and it is a good one.  she decorates the patio table with a beautiful, plastic, purple cup of dandelions.  i resume position on the kitchen floor.  she runs out.  collects.  snips. decorates.  repeats.

and then.
she brings me chunks of her hair.  
on the very 1st day that i've let her have scissors again.
le sigh.

Comments

  1. This has happened with me and my girl:( I cried the first time and she thought I was silly. I had only been growing her hair "out" since she was a babe. I've decided this stems from her very creative side. Although I still hide the scissors - her little brother found a pair in her purse yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, goodness. I love the way you handle things, Love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha :) Destined to be an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhhh Noooooooooooo! My oldest did this over and over again...just warning you! She always cut the same spot in her bangs (where her cowlick is, of course). I cried the first and second and third time she did it! The fourth almost sent me over the edge! That time she didn't just snip off one spot, she did the entire row of bangs! They were only about 1" long when she was finished and the Kindergarten bus was coming in 1/2an hour and I only had one headband in the entire house! She also had her little award ceremony that very day and would be in front of a lot of parents. Needless to say, I slicked it back the best I could and camoflaged it with the headband. It actually didn't look too bad...that's when we decided that bangs were not for her and grew them out!

    I guess having a Momma who is a beautician gives you lots of ideas when it comes to using a scissors on hair! ;)

    Lock up the scissors before lovely Ellie has no more hair left! She's a cutie, regardless of her hair situation! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful momma to sit back and let her grow... Not only this but also to enjoy the simple things, it goes too fast~ Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! Good thing she is such a cutie-patootie with short hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't help but giggle. At least she brought you the flowers before she cut off her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. May I just say, I don't make it over here very often, but every time I come, I fall in love with your place all over again. I SERIOUSLY need to get here more...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no {insert sinking feeling here}...that little rascal :) She is definitely going to be an artist someday I think!! At least it's summer and she'll be carefree in the backyard...no need for a fussy hairdo for running in the sprinkler :)

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness! we've not had this occur in our house ever ( knock on wood). maybe she's found her calling ;)
    i must say though that you do have a gorgeous arrangement of flowers now!
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  11. What IS it with little girls and cutting their hair??? i have three boys---NEVER!! But I was a little girl once....although I don't remember cutting my own, I had many dolls with bad dos! :0) Just a phase, I'm sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It happens. And it grows back. I'm sorry. Remind me of these posts when Ivy gets the scissors, k?

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  13. oy. I have two girls, 5 and almost 3 - and I'm just waiting for this day. Because, it has to be coming soon. (knock on wood)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't you love when kids copy you like that? I of course mean about the going out to make her own bouquet thing, not about the hair cutting thing. Every time I cut Clark or Luke's hair Alice says, "hair cut?" and starts motioning as if she is cutting her hair. I know it's coming.

    ReplyDelete
  15. bwaaahaaahaaaa

    That's hilarious.

    Miles cut a chunk of his hair for the third time the other day. You'd think we'd learn. Or they would. Or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ugh, Zoe has done this twice. Once at two and once at NINE.

    They don't learn.

    But, you know what? I'm 33 and I cut my bangs last summer and WONKED THEM OUT!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts