i love a full house.
Today is the official start of our Spring Break!
We did get the girls out of school early Friday, but
unfortunately, it was to travel to Iowa for Matt's grandmother's funeral.
She passed away at the age of 94 and I'm really happy for her.
She has been longing to see "her Clayton" since he passed away in 1985.
The way she talked about Matt's grandpa was adorable and I'm certain
they are having a beautiful reunion.
The trip allowed our Clayton to have his first experience in a pool.
He is in love.
The boy would have stayed in there all day
and
I think he would have swam, had I let go!
His first look at it:
I'm enjoying having our whole family of 7 around the house today.
We're cleaning, playing and organizing.
I'm finishing the final touches on our Spring living room
[do you change accessories with the seasons?]
Several people asked or e-mailed if I would
post pictures of the mantle when it is done.
So, I'll get to that this week.
I will say that it is very....
colorful.

Would love to see your mantle. So pretty! Clay has a look of perfect wonder!!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could change things with the season...other than just from long pants to capris ;)
ReplyDeleteI love that pillow! I just don't make accessories high on my priority list I guess, but I'm sure some spring touches in my home wouldn't hurt with this house selling business.
Your boy is so beautiful! I have to tell you that the little boy they're using a picture of for Compassion International's new program, "Rock the Cradle" in conjunction with Mercy Me...reminds me SO much of Clayton. Cutie! He has his hands on the sides of his face and he's making an adorable "o" expression. Wish I knew where it was besides their concerts so you could see it. Let me look around.
I think you might have a future Olympian on your hands. I could just squeeze his cheeks.
ReplyDeleteI love this pillow, I want to see more!
Hey I wanted to let you know that my daughter and I found those stencils of the girls and their clothes over at Claires. My Claire has been in Heaven since we got them. So glad I saw your girls coloring with them, because I went on a mission to find them!
Sorry to hear about your husband's grandmother. She sounds like she was happy to get there, if thats ok to say! Nonetheless it still is painful to lose someone you love. My prayers are with you and your family!
how wonderful that he loved the pool. have a great week with everyone home.
ReplyDeleteI have been blog stalking you for a few months now, but I have to finally write and tell you how much I love your blog! It brightens my day to read it. I've always felt like I need to adopt a child, but as a single woman that's not an option right now. So, I love to read your blog and hope that one day I too can become a forever family for a child.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your week with all the kids! Welcome spring!
ReplyDeleteI change up my decorations as well. I wish I had a mantle as a focus, but I do lots of little shelf decoration and I have made a few Easter decorations. It makes the rainy days (like today) seem not so bad!
He looks just mesmerized by the water....love that little belly! Have a great week and I can't wait to see your house all ready fro Spring...I change my stuff up a little bit as well.
ReplyDeleteI love watching kids develop their love of water! The feelings they must experience when in the pool...
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about Matt's Grandma.
His eyes tell it all :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE HIS HEART! Look at that belly! precious. enjoy your spring break, I know I can't wait for mine! :)
ReplyDeleteI want to pinch that belly!
ReplyDeleteEvery post about Clayton, I am so inspired to think about how our family can fit more!
oh, Clay in the water is TOO CUTE!
ReplyDeleteAnd come decorate my house now, kbye.
Ooohh, can't wait to see the mantle! Yes, I change decor with the seasons. I try not to spend much money but rather move things around. I especially love decorating for spring and fall.
ReplyDeleteThat picture of Clayton is so sweet. He looks ready to dive in:)
Shannon
Your pictures are beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteSteph
look at that adorable Clayton tummy!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your husband's grandma...but it makes me smile to think she is reunited with her love after a long absence.