our house is quiet. sometimes.



i almost skipped this week's challenge.  seriously, QUIET?  in this house?  with 5 kids ages 6 and under, it just doesn't happen.  


i'm {mostly} okay with that.  i thought i'd capture some inanimate objects around the house.  i'm in the process of changing our mantle to Springtime.  here's the start:  




but, while i was {standing on the couch} taking this picture, i stopped.  it was QUIET right then!  


well, this is what quiet means in a house of littles.  it means pretty strips of paper decorating the table, chair & floor:




it means a 3 year old that has snuck into daddy's office to staple her creations together:




it means the twinsies conspiring to figure out how to get into that office that their big sister locked them out of:




it means that someone thought circles were much prettier than the shoes all thrown in a pile:




it most definitely means that the kitchen can be found left like this:




i love our quiet.  
[and our loud.]

Comments

  1. Your house is ALWAYS quiet when I'm over. Except for that strange howl/whistle. Did you ever finally hear it?

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shoes are much prettier in a circle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet!! I love the photo story telling

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your mantle!!

    I had a hard time being inspired by quiet... it's just not quiet in my world either... usually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mantlepiece! And of course, the shoes. I wish someone would straigten our pile of shoes.
    Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quiet at your house looks fun! I tend to worry when it's quiet because that usually means that there is a mess being made. If my girls would make shoe circles or staple their artwork instead of pages in my books, that would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the shoes in the circle...it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay...what are you going to put in those glass containers?

    Your kids are so wonderful for giving you a moment of peace.

    Could someone come over and arrange my shoes in a circle?

    Your floors are so clean!!! You don't have pet, do you? I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahah ! That's priceless. Surprises everywhere.
    I love the light in your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the shoes! i adore whoever arranged those shoes. :)

    every once in a blue moon, i find all the kiddos engrossed in books and drawing, and the quiet is simply amazing...but i love me some loud, too. funny how much peace can be right in the middle of loud.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the picture of all the shoes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. CUTE! What is the name/brand of your wall color? I was at Sherwin Williams today looking at colors....Looks like you have exactly what I want.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the shot of the tupperware.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these photos telling this story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are cute and everything you touch turns to cute. Or maybe already was cute. I don't know the math but I know it all equals out to adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all these photos, but most especially the stapling (because who doesn't love to do that?) and the shoes in a circle......they really are much prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I stumbled upon your blog through some other page last week and loved learning your story & seeing your beautiful family. And as a fellow mom to handful of children....I can appreciate quiet pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh please do show more of your quiet house!!! I'm in need of decorating inspiration for the new house we settling into, and our taste is very similar!! :) I'd love to see your mantel when done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. it is (mostly) quiet here at this very minute. i can hear the happy birds dancing and singing outside my window.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such sweetness.

    Quiet is overrated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your quiet shots....cute. Quiet is a good thing-a very good thing. But who would want it all the time? Not me! : )

    ReplyDelete
  22. We find quiet wherever we can, right? Love the shoe shot!

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks, friends!

    i'll put up a picture of the mantle when i'm done.

    the paint color is sherwin williams dormer brown.

    and it was the 3 yr old, ellie, who arranged the shoes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment