working
I carried my camera around yesterday.
I captured my work.
I got beautiful pictures of my day.
My job.
This blessed job that I love with everything in me.
Then, it was the end of the day.
The big girls had just gotten home from school.
The babies were bathed and ready for bed.
I was sad that I had laundry to put in the wash.
Then, I heard laughter and music.
As I so often do, I let the laundry spill into the hallway.
And we danced.
[next to an unmade bed.]
The only picture needed.
The very best kind of work.
Ever.

it is beautiful work, isn't it? I only wish I realized this a decade earlier.
ReplyDeletexo
love. it.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you! Blessings abound!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love it. What a happy moment!
ReplyDeleteOK, that made me cry. I'm going to go ignore the laundry and this computer for a bit. :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! And I love that you're a friend in real life that gets this with me, too. Good stuff.
ReplyDeleteSteph
What a great capture!
ReplyDeleteWhat a happy day!!!
ReplyDeletetoo adorable, kj
ReplyDeleteWas humbled and excited to see your comments on my blog. :) You're like a long lost friend who I feel like I know. I have greatly enjoyed following your amazing adoption story, and have been inspired again and again by the joy you have as a mother to all five of your precious blessings.
ReplyDeleteI would love to get wisdom from you as we begin our own journey to Africa!! Thank you for speaking up and inspiring others to stand in the gap for orphans around the world.
I love this photo, everyone looks so happy!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun shot!
ReplyDeletelove love love that your friends call u love! the pics and messages and loving life...refreshing!!!
ReplyDeletei also LOVE working at home :)
ReplyDeletemy pastor once said
"when the mother is out of the home, you let the enemy in"
Absolutely the best way of describing your work!
ReplyDeleteI love this capture! What a great job you have!
ReplyDeleteThat is the best job ever!
ReplyDeleteI love hearing about your dance parties...what a great break!
ReplyDelete