gifts with purpose


in the spirit of being intentional about how many & what kinds of gifts we buy, i began searching out gifts that would actually benefit families that are adopting. i found such wonderful ways that families are using their talents to get their precious children home. what better gift? giving something beautiful that helps a child home to their forever family.

if you are an adoptive family and have a gift to add to this guide, please feel free to leave it in the comments. and, yes, i'm including the 3 items that we are still using to fund-raise! we've appreciated your support so very much and hope to sell out this holiday season.




Comments

  1. Thank you for all of the links...

    I don't know if you have been by my site yet or not, but we are selling Africa ornaments to help fund our adoption. www.filledwithpraise.blogspot.com
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful and so very helpful, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amy--i love them so much, i added them here!
    thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! Will be checking these out and passing the word on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you've effectively killed any productivity for my morning. Must click on every site... :-) Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this!! thank you so much for posting this...will definitely be doing some shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so great! for christmas, we are sponsoring a little girl from Uganda through World Vision, instead of cluttering our house up with stuff our kids won't play with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great idea :) As you know we used a few of your necklaces as gifts (or will be using rather...) The rest of my list is taken care of, but this just reinforces the fact that gift giving can be done thoughtfully, in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love,
    I LOVE this! I also LOVE your name! :0)
    I can't believe what people have come up with--soo many ideas for us to consider as we begin. I have been looking at t-shirt ideas for our fund-raising and I found a coffee business who is wanting to help support adopting families--can't remember which blog I saw that on...hmmmm. So much to consider...and yet a good sign that IT CAN BE DONE!!! I am no longer scared about the financial part.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, this is great. You did a fantastic job with all of this!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, this is such a great idea. My two are from Guatemala and Russia so I try to stick to purchasing things from those countries. Please take a look at our charities if you get a chance. http://www.growninmyheart.com/grown-in-my-hearts-top-ten-charities

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can I ask a sizing question about your t-shirts? Are they standard adult sizes? The numeric sizes are confusing. They seem like women's sizes, and i want to purchase one for my 6'2" teen son who usually wears an adult large t-shirt, but a 12-14 doesn't sound big enough.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome idea! I meant to tell you a few weeks ago that I heard about Free Trade Coffee doing the adoption thing - they are here in the 'Boro! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all of these items and love the cause!! I have a few items to add to the list!!

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/vyz123

    ReplyDelete
  15. www.sweethopefoundation.org

    Started by an adoptive mom from russia and now gives quality care to Russian orphans.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are selling t-shirts to raise money for our adoption of Mercy. She is a little girl in Uganda who has epilepsy. We are hoping to raise money and get her home very quickly. www.berriesnhoney.blogspot.com
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are also hosting a drawing for an ipod touch. But hurry, the drawing is on Nov. 30 at 10pm (pst). Any size donation or purchase of a t-shirt will get an entry.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing these wonderful ideas. I have now purchased a journal and headband (the same company that makes the messenger bag), as gifts for Christmas, because you shared this! Keep it comin!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you! After seeing it here I made a suggestion to my husband and you got me that gorgeous lemon bag for Chanukah.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts