abundance
i was almost overwhelmed at the thought of writing a gratitude post. i am filled with gratitude. there is not a day that goes by that i don't stop & get choked up at some little moment that reminds me of my great blessings.







during the whole month of november, our family focuses on gratitude. when we notice someone being especially grateful or when we are grateful ourselves, we choose a leaf sticker & place it on the gratitude tree. so, rather than list a page full of the things i am grateful for, i thought i'd include the reasons that all the leaves were put on the gratitude tree so far this week. some are from matt & i...while some are the 2 & 4 year olds. =)
~making cupcakes together

~lucy being happy (our dog)

~going to colin, aidan & ethan's house (their cousins)

~teamwork while cleaning up
~dorothy singing "over the rainbow"
~merry-go-rounds

~my friends from church

~your hugs

~making me scrambled eggs
~daddy being a tickle monster

i thought their view of gratitude was right on. because in the end....aren't these things what we all are really grateful for anyway? we may not have said them exactly like we said them above, but i think that they are....
being healthy, being together, having special friends, having wonderful families, having work to do joyfully, music, fun/playing, our faith, loving each other, abundance of food, and people who love us so much that it hurts.
i am thankful & blessed. happiest thanksgiving to you.

happiest (belated) thanksgiving to you, too love. i hope you had a blessed day. :)
ReplyDeleteHope you had a Happy thanksgiving. I love the hug picture it is so cute.
ReplyDeletethat's so wonderful.
ReplyDeleteyou're such a good mom.
:)
What better things to be thankful for? I love your list...
ReplyDeleteHope your day was filled with love and blessed!
hugs.
I may not always comment, but I always love checking in on your little family!
ReplyDeleteTonya
your family is sooooooo cute :-)
ReplyDeletethis post choke me up. I love it and I am so doing a gratitude tree with our family next November!
ReplyDelete