simplicity

we went to matt's 10 year high school reunion this weekend. so, so interesting to me. we come from very similar locations--small towns, farming communities, everyone-knows-everyone type of town. we both graduated with less than 75 people in our class. i loved my childhood and i never even remember resenting that small town. the resentment like you hear so many kids do. ("i can't WAIT to get out of here!")

although i'm not technically and "city-girl" now....nor am i a "small-town girl" either. it was shocking to me just how refreshing it can be. i love where we live....and i adore my friends, but something was so different in every person that we spent time with in this tiny town of matt's reunion. it was almost tangible....so fresh and free. i was sad that i had forgotten about that.

something has been stirring in matt and i for change...simplification....more intentionality. we're not sure where that's heading right now...but we're excited to follow it. off to enjoy the little things...

Comments

  1. ooh...i'm curious to see where this leads you.

    i didn't make it to my 10yr reunion. partially because i was extremely in the way of pregnant and constantly nauseous and not so keen on the idea of traveling 5,000 miles so my ol' buddies could see me looking so green and bloated. :)

    love the photo of your precious ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. laughing at nic's comment...

    I have oh, so many moments, where simplicity seems to be the answer to all things. I am sure you know that it truth all you really need, is those 3 beautiful girls (and whomever else is lucky enough to join your fam) of yours and that sweet husband! What we keep ourselves busy and occupied with is the hard part. So easy to get caught up, and how refreshing it is to just focus on the simple things...

    Keep us posted.

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had fun at your reunion! We live in a very small town... everyone knows everybodies stuff!lol! I like it though, 'cause if my kids are misbehaving I know I'll get a phone call...
    Oh I love simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The girls are so sweet in this photo! I love that we had such a small class and Jon's class had like 300! He was in awe of our school when I took him there. He was like seriously this building holds K-12?! I am missing the small town more and more. I wish we were up there now so I could go to your trunk show party today! Her stuff looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe sweet post. I think simplifying is always nice. It's good to shed baggage or just "stuff."

    Thanks for adding "Bubbly" I love that song!

    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please come back soon...I need your blog to read at work. :) Hope you are having some awesome time with the girles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the pic and the sentiments! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the pic and the sentiments! good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts