the ultimate gift

although when i "retired" from being a nurse (at the ripe old age of 27!) i had no desire to do anything else but be the absolute best mom i could be. for me that meant staying home full time with 3 girls under 4. that was until i was introduced to a company called Once Upon A Family. i've joined this company whole-heartedly, as i believe it helps me be an even better mom! although that i'm sure a lot of what i want to say could be interpreted as a sales pitch...rest assured that my pure motivation is changing families' lives. Once Upon A Family allows me to teach families simple, meaningful traditions that will connect them in unimaginable ways...just the way each of us dreams of.

although i (kinda!) remember the "BIG" trips we took as a family, or the elaborate affairs that were planned every now & then.....what i remember most from my family are the simple things that were repeated over and over. cutting down a live christmas tree with my dad then baking/decorating sugar cookies with my mom & sister every christmas. these are the memories that last and beg us to return to them year after year forever! Once Upon A Family has given me the ideas, inspiration and tools to create a legacy for my family that will live on for generations.

one of my favorite products was created for families to experience "The Ultimate Gift." this was a book, then a major motion picture, and is getting ready to release on DVD. Here is the short description from their website about the movie:

"When his wealthy grandfather dies, trust fund baby Jason Stevens anticipates a big inheritance. Instead, his grandfather has devised a crash course on life with twelve tasks – or “gifts” – designed to challenge Jason in improbable ways, sending him on a journey of self-discovery and forcing him to determine what is most important in life: money or happiness."

If I could gift something to every person i know it would be "The Ultimate Gift" book & DVD! its potential to help families focus on the truly important, while helping them re-inforce values they are already teaching is HUGE! Then, we've developed a product which features 12 months of family journeys that expand upon the values – or “gifts” - introduced in the book and movie. I truly believe it is the ultimate gift you can give your family.

In honor of the DVD being released this tuesday, august 21st...please watch this trailer from the movie. (which paired America's favorite young actress Abigail Breslin from Little Miss Sunshine, and one of the nation's best loved actors, James Garner.) I really do believe it has the power to help accomplish Once Upon A Family's mission... which I so strongly believe in....changing the world, one family at a time.


Comments

  1. Oh. I will check it out! I was just thinking about 'Homekeeping' myself! Home and family...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to get Jon to add this to our Netflix account so I can see it. :) I really do want to get into the keys tradition when Emma gets a little older.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts