sling diaries :: expression
oh my. emelia and evelyn are 5 months old and have really
just started to have fun with their expressions. watching a baby
learn never gets old, does it? they are so fun & precious.
i still really stop at least a couple times a day and just look at them wondering,
is this really my life? i love it.
i couldn't be more blessed, thankful & excited.
[look, evie feels the same way.]
someone took the liberty to remind me recently that i'm not perfect.
you can believe that i know that. oh, how i know that.
and, well, i couldn't let one more post of beautiful pictures go by without
saying it [again]. please don't let someone's highlight reel make you feel
any less about your behind the scenes. if it does? maybe that is a gentle
push to either change your behind the scenes a little or to change your
outlook of your behind the scenes.
in between the sweet smiles, warm cuddles and idyllic nursing photos
is real life. that means sometimes crying, screaming, poopy diapers, messy
house, unfinished projects, headaches and bad days--for alllll 11 of us.
yet, i choose to see things in the light you see here.
it's a conscious choice that has become natural now.
my life--every part of it--is beautiful.
i'm so grateful for it.
i'm not perfect, for sure.
yet-i rest in the fact that i'm exactly where He has me.
living my perfect life.
[you are, too.]
::::::::::
this post is a part of Sling Diaries: volume II--chronicling the art of babywearing
in 15 families. you can follow along on the facebook page and pinterest.
photos by my friend, liz.
sweet hoho monsters purchased from little bit funky.
headbands purchased from lou and lee
wearing sakura bloom in essential silk sandstone and pebble
photos by my friend, liz.
sweet hoho monsters purchased from little bit funky.
headbands purchased from lou and lee
wearing sakura bloom in essential silk sandstone and pebble




Oh so beautiful! They are so precious, as are you, Love.
ReplyDeleteSteph
Beautiful words. Thank you
ReplyDeleteAdorable!
ReplyDeleteSo lovely - also I need to say I admire the skill of wearing two babies at once! I'm flat out with one (albeit very wriggly) :) much love xox
ReplyDeleteLove you and your highlighted reel!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI forgot to tell you...I'm having girls too!
I needed that reminder. Thank you!!!!
ReplyDeleteI knew which one was which in ALL of these pictures! Woohoo! I'm in love with both of them, but that Evie Joy - well, you know the girl has my heart. :)
ReplyDeleteMy 2 year old twins names are Amelia and Evelyn!
ReplyDelete"please don't let someone's highlight reel make you feel
ReplyDeleteany less about your behind the scenes" -- genius.
Oh, it makes me sad that people feel the need to point out the obvious. Don't we all know by now that none of us are perfect, that we bloggers pick and choose what we share, for our own reasons? It makes me sad that someone could be hurtful about the choices you make in this space. I've learned so much about myself through your writing, and the way you choose to view life. Not once have I thought you perfect, thank goodness, because that would make you a stranger to everyone. Please don't be hurt by the words of a few. I'm so thankful you are here!
ReplyDeleteoh love, so thankful for you in my life yet again this afternoon. it's funny how much words can sting, but wonderful to rest in knowing that Christ is perfect and He's alive in us, doing His thing just how He sees fit. our perfection? impossible. but Christ's perfection in us? pivotal and miraculous, both.
ReplyDeleteyou are absolutely my cup of tea.
Beautiful babies, beautiful mama...you really are an inspiration!
ReplyDeletecompletely beautiful :)
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog! I began reading it after hearing you speak at last year's Created for Care retreat. I was wondering if you would consider doing a "tutorial" on wearing your sling? We are expecting in May and I am trying to find the carrier that is right for me. I am leading toward the Sakura Bloom. I know they have some "how to" videos on their site, but I thought it might be helpful to see a real mom show how she puts the sling on, puts the baby (or babies :) in the sling, etc. I totally understand if this is not possible. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Bridgette
www.raleighandbridgette.blogspot.com
Even in my nasty flu state, this post brought the hugest smile to my face. Thanks for that!
ReplyDelete