listen to your mother.

tonight is the nwindiana show of Listen to Your Mother.  the live show happens
in different cities around our country & local writers read their pieces about 
motherhood.  our local production is directed and produced by one of my best
friends, stephanie, and i'm so proud of her.  this is her second year & i can't wait
to see her sold out show!  best wishes to all the speakers...looking forward to
hearing your story.  i was honored to be in the show last year and although it's
really awkward to see & hear myself on video, i thought i'd share my story with you.

if you're joining us tonight, remember you can bring toiletries & gently used purses 

Comments

  1. I am so glad you will be there, Love. Thank you for all your support. I can't wait!!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Amazing. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh love, this wrecked me this morning in a way we all need to be wrecked. Thankyou for your heart. Thankyou for becoming a mother to these children. Thankyou for living the gospel in a tangible way Thankyou for living up to your precious name. Thankyou for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...beautiful encouraging words.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully spoken from the heart.
    (p.s. i'm originally from valpo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Awesome--Valpo is a great city. :)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful. I've been reading your blog for a long time and you are an amazing person with a very special family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sobbed. And I wish my children, or any child, was nearby to love at this exact moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a great speaker, and you told a great story. Very touching, moving, and inspiring. You always make me think so hard about life and all the goodness that I can do. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was amazingly put, and it touched my heart. I love seeing others with a heart for the motherless. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has hit me so hard right now, that I hope you don't mind me linking back to it on my blog. I needed to gain this type of perspective in the wake of so many petty things soaring around our culture right now. Thank you for your heart, and for sharing it so humbly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful. It really touched me. I am an elementary school teacher (and a mother) and I have always felt so strongly called by God to love my students as my own - even when it goes against "policy". So I celebrate birthdays, I remember favourite foods, I go to birthday parties and family dinners, baptisms and church Christmas concerts. I sneak a sandwich to the boy who never has a lunch, I drop clothes on the doorstep of that student who wears the same thing every day and I hug my students - even though everyone says I shouldn't. Thanks for making me feel like it means something. You are a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts