unfinished.

my wall above my couch still isn't finished. 
that little embroidery hoop is supposed to be staggered
with something else below the clock,
but i haven't found just the right thing.  
just the right thing is always worth waiting for.
i have an aversion to clocks.
i don't know why, but i'm sure there's some
deep, psychological thing you could draw from that.
anyway, this is the first clock that i've ever bought
and displayed in our home during our 9 years of marriage.

i love it.  super fun that i had it 'hearted' in Etsy
and then found out that the couple who owns that Etsy 
shop go to the same church as us!
seriously crazy.
they're awesome & i love many of their things!
you can find their Etsy shop here & the awesome line of furniture here.
i also just switched out my grey frame hanging to this:
i believe that with everything in me.

Comments

  1. I think a picture of three brothers would be perfect beneath the clock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just in a shop this week with that little statement. I took a picture.
    I love your canvas.
    I love your love.
    So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your wall and your sense of style - so beautiful!
    It makes me smile to read your blog though, because I am your polar opposite. I am so type-A that I need a clock in every room. And on my wrist. And on my phone, which is with me at all times. I have a ridiculous compulsion to NEVER be late for anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m all kinds of inspired!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have that clock bought from the same Etsy store, and I can't tell you how much I loved learning, from you, that the hands that made it, love Him, believe in Him, and serve Him and that this treasure is now hanging in my home. There is just something so full circle about that... Destiny

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have that clock bought from the same Etsy store, and I can't tell you how much I loved learning, from you, that the hands that made it, love Him, believe in Him, and serve Him and that this treasure is now hanging in my home. There is just something so full circle about that... Destiny

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you need a cross that matches the style of the frames. My mom has one exactly like I'm thinking of. I'll send you a twitpic tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too have an aversion to clocks. I think they can be pretty and decorative but I have this negative association with needing to know the time.

    Life comes together like your wall if you do it right. Not rushing. Waiting for beauty and the right thing at the right time to come along and capture your heart. It seems you're good at this.

    Praying that your two boys come home soon. Perhaps we avoid clocks because we don't like to be reminded of our impatience to hurry God's time?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love,
    I am wondering if I can please get the colors of your 3 painted frames? I love them and would love to use them on some things? Thanks!
    Jill
    funk50@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quote you framed was in a fortune cookie I opened the day my grandmother died.

    I still have it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that canvas art too! Who took that picture?

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts