amazima [truth].
today we served with Amazima Ministries.
i keep finding it so funny to say we are serving here because
they are giving us so much more than we are ever giving them.
Amazima is special to our family because God used the director,
Katie, to lead us to Uganda. we had been researching countries for
some time and i still remember opening up her blog for the first time,
seeing pictures of the sweet children here and knowing the our
child would be from Uganda.
Katie is a young lady that is doing exactly what God calls each of us to do.
laying it all on the line for Him. being obedient above all.
while being a wonderful mom to her 13 daughters, she also
ministers in the village, supports families there, runs a sponsorship program for
school fees & supplies, meals and medical care, as well as an
unbelievable feeding program.
they have a time of worship, memory verse and bible lesson before the meal.
it was so wonderful to sit on the red dirt, under a tree with hundreds of
children worshiping. one little girl crawled up on my lap and went to sleep.
the kids were served awesome portions of rice, beans and chicken.
they were all so kind and respectful. it was so wonderful to watch them.
they have a playground and we brought several soccer balls.
some boys were running while pushing a tire with a stick.
it was so fun to see these kids being kids.
i got the chance to meet one of our sponsored children.
it was so fun. he was kind and soft-spoken, but i saw him
later laughing and playing with his new soccer ball with his friends.
what an honor to hug him & be a part of his life.
[you can find out more about Amazima sponsorship here.]
i can imagine that this isn't always what Katie's flesh wanted to do.
she has been entrusted with much & said yes to a serious calling.
yet, it is so obvious by her sheer obedience and the way she is
glorying God in this village that our flesh is just so off.
we are so off most of the time.
how much more beautiful are His ways.



Love, I just caught up reading and there are no words. I am speechless and in awe of you & your love for these that so many have forgotten about. Tears have streamed down my face as I read your account of your mission there and I am so thankful for you and others like you that God uses to benefit Him and His kingdom.
ReplyDeletethank you. Praying for you and your trip.
amazing, love, just amazing.
ReplyDeletei echo your words, love. 'how much more beautiful are His ways.'
ReplyDeleteLove reading about your time and seeing pictures. We're heading to Haiti this summer and I feel like I have no idea what's coming. Not that it's going to be exactly the same, but atleast now I can imagine. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI am so grateful that you are willing to share your stories and pictures.. it's just SO true... "once our eyes are open, we can not pretend that we do not see...".
ReplyDeleteHi! I am a friend of Justin and Shauna. I sent to Africa with Justin a few years ago. I wanted to write you and let you know that I am praying for ya’ll. I wish I could have come, but I am blesses with an awesome ministry here in my home. Yet Uganda pulls me and asks me to come back! Your post on the children’s prison is, well,
ReplyDeleteI’m lost for words. I will be linking it to my blog.
Anyway, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself!
Shonni
Such a beautiful experience. Thanks for sharing it, and for keeping our eyes open.
ReplyDeleteglad you can show us so much of what is going on... the little girl sleepin on you is adorable.
ReplyDeletethank you for being so.relevant.
miss you. love you.
I think you and Katie are both amazing people. Really.
ReplyDeleteWhat an experience....
...how much more beautiful are HIS ways....
ReplyDeleteWow! Your last paragraph hit home. Hard. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful ministry.
ReplyDeleteYou are changing lives and touching hearts, Love. Know that.
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net