be happy.
every couple days i decorate the big girls' chalkboard.
inspiring words with pretty, little decorations.
sometimes they'll come to me:
mooom, did you write that: 'you are loved [a lot.]'?
of course! i'll say. you are loved a lot.
this morning i woke to a little sticky note by my sink.
to mom
be happy.
from chloe
'be happy' was surrounded in pretty, swirly lines.
i love it and believe it.
be happy.
today.
![]() |
| chloe on her 7th birthday |


What a beautiful revolution-revelation.
ReplyDeleteThis morning Noah made my bed and while I was putting the garbage out, he put a new garbage bag in the kitchen can.
When did they get so big?
And so now... we are seeing some things produce harvest after all those years of loving...
Steph
those little messages are sinking in, not only the words but the feelings that bubble up because of the words.
ReplyDeletehow sweet of Miss Chloe....she's got a great heart.
Happy birthday little lady, this is a gorgeous picture!
ReplyDeleteyou have some amazing kids.
ReplyDeletei took emma out on a lunch & shopping trip on saturday - just the two of us - and we were walking into target, and she said, "guess what, mom?" ... i said, "what, baby?" ... and she said, "i sure do like you."
it's such a blessing to see our kids love.
I really like the idea of leaving notes for your kids. You are modeling some beautiful habits for those girls, Love. It's such a privilege to watch.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love this.
ReplyDeletewhat a concise and lovely message.
ReplyDeleteChloe has awesome style. Is her outfit handmade?
ReplyDeleteI love how happy your home is. It shines through in each and every one of your blog posts.
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net
Sweet girl!
ReplyDeleteI, too, love the idea of leaving notes/messages for your kids. I vividly remember doing standardized testing at school one year; I was very anxious about it, and on the first day during lunch, I found a king-sized Snickers bar with a loving note from my dad. Made my day. ...Shoot, made my life :)
You're teaching her so well.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was little, my mom used to write me notes in my school notebooks, so I'd be at school doing work and I'd find a little letter from her. I loved that.
My Jackson turns 7 tomorrow and I love him to bits (and I can't believe he's going to be 7)! He leaves me little notes, too, and I tuck them in my purse to find and cheer me up another day. He just wrote me one yesterday that simply said: I (heart) Mom. How it it something so simple can melt my heart so completely. My boy. Love him so! Just as you love your Clayton... ;)
ReplyDelete