two.

 precious baby boy, 
you are TWO now.
what a happy baby you have been since we met just 11 months ago.
add in the confidence, the freedom, the silly of now?
you, my boy, are pure JOY.

i love the way you sign "more" & say "peeeeass" for more food.
i love the way you lie down across my lap & suck your thumb as i sing to you.
i love the way you wrestle bianca and
have your big sisters pull you around the wood floor
on whatever box/basket/broom is available.
i love your break-dancing &
when you play Hey Jude on the ukelele.
i love you.  we love you. 

you are a special boy, clayton elijah.
you have been longed for & prayed over more than 
you could ever imagine.

praising God for your life today.
that you are in our lives today.
that you are home forever.
that you are TWO.
happiest of birthdays, baby boy.

Comments

  1. happy happy birthday sweet boy! you are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the cutest little guy I know (cyber speaking of course) ;) What a HUGE blessing he is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even take what an awesome boy that he is. Also? He was born for YOUR family. It's so completely obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious gift! Our son, still in Ethiopia(still waiting after 19 months) will be two next month.

    Clayton is so cute and appears to be filled with spunk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your boy just makes me smile :) What a sweet heart!
    Happy Birthday Clayton!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday little man!!!! He is a handsome little one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Clayton! He is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is so awesome. OBVIOUSLY.

    Happy Birthday, little man!

    You're gonna make many a woman swoon one day - I can see it now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cuteness! Oh my!

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday to your little man! He is just simply precious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The joy you speak of is evident in his eyes & smile. So obvious even in pictures! He is just so adorable! Have fun celebrating his life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, Big Guy! Such a blessing, you are. God bless you and your awesome family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my, little man is two. He is SOOOO adorable! Happy Birthday clay!

    britt

    ReplyDelete
  14. Handsome little man!!! Celebrating Birthdays are my FAVORITE!!!!!

    I have been wearing my new 31 Bits bracelet since I received it in the mail a couple of days ago!! I'm in love!!! Can't wait to host a party in the very near future! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww...Happy Birthday, Beautiful Boy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday, sweet boy! I'm so glad you can celebrate this special day with your special family. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. happy birthday, sweet little clayton!
    love these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omigosh! Do you even get anything done during the day? All I would want to do is stare at that sweet face all day long.

    Happy birthday, little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy, happy, happy birthday, wonderful, beautiful, joyful, sweet Clayton. Happy birthday indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday {alittle late} you precious baby boy! You are so handsome and little man - God has some amazing things in store for your life...and I am so excited that I get to see them unfold...Happy Birthday Clayton Elijah - Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your letter made me tear up. Beautiful.

    And now I want to hear his rendition of "Hey Jude." :)

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete
  22. love, i'm loving catching up with you and your cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I dont know if its the sweater or his hair or his face or his smile or what!? But he looks waaaaaaaaay more than 2!? I bet you'll be hearing that alot come soon! Happy Birthday CLAY!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts