evening.
clay shows his joy so much sometimes that
his eyes disappear & just about every tooth can be seen.
he really is in love with life.
i am, too.
all 5 of us girls lined up on the swings.
i gave anika a little push before bianca & i hopped on together.
ellie swings on her belly while chloe pumps back & forth like a pro.
we swing & laugh....hair blowing....bianca holding tight with giggles.
soon, anika needs another push & i happily slow us down to help her.
even though i outwardly cheer their self-pumping,
i never want it to come too fast.
never ever.
bianca & i walk hand-in-hand to see the biggest girls playing tennis with matt.
they can volley back & forth a few times and
soon, they run over a sweaty mess to sit by my side in the clovers.
we search for the longest stems & knot them together.
[clover.clover.clover]
we talk about nana & papaw coming for a visit,
why squirrels like acorns,
what kind of ice cream we'll choose at the parlor tomorrow
[peach, superman, fat elvis & kitty kitty bang bang]
and
if the young couple kissing under the willow is married.
we circle the clover chain around heads
as we soak up the last daylight.
our lives are not perfect. our moments certainly aren't.
but, i do think it is these things they will remember.
these things that they can store up, along with truth, in their hearts.
so that, no matter what, it is remembered how blessed our life is...
and how very much responsibility comes with that.
i have been given much, much, much.
there is much expected from that.

Amen
ReplyDeletelove.
ReplyDeletelove it!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful look into a beautiful family. Those are the nights where everybody comes home filled to the brim.
ReplyDeleteLove the description of Clay's full face smile. I'll bet it is contagious. :)
Thank you for the reminder we are so blessed not in expensive houses, vacations or things but in the people he has so lavishly put in our lives.
I hope you keep this blog running for a long time so I continue being inspired when I have my own kids.
ReplyDeleteI adore your outlook.
moments like this are what give us hope. love this.
ReplyDeleteso wonderful!
ReplyDeletebeautiful.
ReplyDeletesuch cute pics!
ReplyDeleteYou have such a gift. Thanks for reminding us to live in the moment. I need constant reminders, apparently.
ReplyDeleteThere have been several posts in the past week or so that I've not been able to comment (kept getting a blogger error) so first I wanted to let you know that- forget to tell you. I also had a bunch of really good things to say and can't remember them now. But I know one thing was that I forget Clay isn't your inside womb, it feels like he's been part of you forever, long before you ever knew him. I feel like that about our friendship, too.
ReplyDeleteSteph
Oh dear - can you tell I'm sleep deprived ? I meant, I kept forgetting to tell you... and also, I forget that Clay isn't FROM your inside womb.
ReplyDeleteIf any of that makes sense at ALL!