just one.

matt and i love to spend one on one time with our children.  it is work to plan it and it is usually a sacrifice of whole family time together, but it is worth it to steal away these few hours.  

chloe and i went to the zoo & the beach last week.  it is a precious time to have her to myself.  i am careful to embrace the natural traits that come from being the big sister to 4 siblings while not expecting too much of her.
it is a careful balance.  [well, that's pretty much motherhood all together, isn't it?]

the extra time to talk, explore & have fun together is just what we both needed.  

Comments

  1. That beach looks so realizing, glad you got some quiet time with your oldest..I bet she loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the idea of one on one time with your kiddos. That must make each one feel even more AMAZING and special...and obviously you love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome... your kiddos will treasure and remember these "dates" forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE reading your blog! It is sooo inspiring and I hope I can be as awesome of a mom as you are:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! I have 3 daughters (11, 14, & 15) and I have YET to figure out how to work out the one-on-one time thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love 1 on 1 time it's the best ! and it looks like you 2 really enjoyed yourselves as you should:) ... your labels are perfect;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a wonderful day! I'm sure the kids LOVE the special time with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wondering how often you do this? We do this every other month or so. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this. We plan to have the "date" tradition with our kiddos too-and perhaps should start this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cherish those one on one moments I get with our little ones. Looks like you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad that you could do that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts