Just the same.

Little one, whoever you are,
wherever you are, 
there are little ones just like you all over the world.
Their skin may be different from yours,
and their homes may be different from yours.



But inside, 
their hearts are just like yours...
Joys are the same,
and love is the same.
Pain is the same, 
and blood is the same.
Smiles are the same, 
and hearts are just the same.

From Whoever You Are by Mem Fox



May we never be color blind.
Rather, lovers of color.
Embraced by the beautiful colors
of this world.
Oh my word am I thankful
for colors.


Comments

  1. Gorgeous - what an amazing way for your babies to grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! I'd never quite thought of it that way (being lovers of color, rather than being color blind). You hit the nail on the head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Gosh! Look at those sweet babies! I love the picture of their legs. They look so precious together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swoon! I just love those chunky little legs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your blog. As a brown girl who is married to a white guy I can NOT wait to see my babies look like some day!! Your images are so amazing and they are the CUTEST little pimpkins!!!! Thank You!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so precious! Love the legs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we love that book. love the pictures you put with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, i love it...I so want to steal this idea some day...There is nothing better than some baby rolls..especially in many colors :) kj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pictures just make me want to squeal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those chubby legs are too, too precious!!

    Another GREAT book along these lines is All the Colors of the Earth by Sheila Hamanaka.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This makes my heart happy! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good grief, Lovelyn. This is absolutely beautiful. The words, the photos, everything is breathtaking and powerful and just full of love.

    One of my favorite posts...EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my word....did you come up with this or where did you find this poem? I would LOVE to post it sometime on my blog if you didn't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beatifully said...and I love the picture of their legs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the most beautiful post ever...cute little legs...thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad that Clay is in your home. It's absolutely perfect, your post and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are a pretty amazing gal Love. Your children are so fortunate to have you as their mom!!!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful pictures! I do love chunky babylegs and tiny babyhands.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome!!! Love those chubby legs... sorry that I want to nibble on them....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a fabulous take on 'colour' and I am with you! Beautiful photography :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this. Also, a tiny seed may have been planted, somehow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. so perfect. they really are twins aren't they? look at those matching leg rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  23. OH, all that chubbly goodness. I want to gnaw on it. SO bad.

    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, the chub.
    :)
    They're leg rolls match.

    Beautiful words, beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love, this is beautiful

    you are,
    these babies are,
    and I have eyes full of tears just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this! It couldn't be more perfect

    ReplyDelete
  27. How beautiful and adorable and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Chills, chills, chills! I get chills reading this!! You are sooo blessed!! Keep up the GOOD work of the LORD!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Aw what sweet little chubby hands and legs. Absolutely precious and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awww! Those are just the sweetest photos... and beautiful thoughts. I love color.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those are such the sweetest pictures I have ever seen. I just love the saying too it is what should be on a billboard for everyone to read, thank you!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  32. Please frame these shots and hang them up for EVERYONE to see.

    I love it. And you. And your babies.

    xo-z

    ReplyDelete
  33. So cute!!! I had a chance to meet Mem Fox and have her sign this book for us. She did an amazing job of reading it aloud too! Thanks for sharing this beautiful post and adorable pictures!
    Deena

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such beautiful pictures. I love Mem Fox too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts