obscurities


i'm wondering if the lines are so blurry to everyone? is it because my girls are so close in age that i'm missing the transitions? how on earth do i have a little lady in my house? i remember this from each and every phase. all the sudden i would realize that:

her head wasn't floppy anymore...

she didn't want to be swaddled anymore...

exploring was more fun than being held...

the chubby thigh rolls were gone...

running places was way more efficient than walking...

sentences had replaced phrases...

i suddenly would get all emotional...."i didn't know that would be our last middle-of-the-night-cuddle-and-nursing session."

but, i have come to accept this blurring. where would the joy be in anticipating the very last of every little thing?

so, chloe, although i missed the exact point where you will now always pick out your clothes. and suddenly, you have pottied, gotten dressed, brushed teeth, and made your bed before my feet ever touch the bedroom floor. i missed the exact moment that your chubby little toddler cheeks made way for cheek bones...

i'm okay and thankful. thankful for those moments where you were, where you are right now...and thankful to know the lines will be blurred over and over again.

Comments

  1. love, this is such a gorgeous post, one that really resonates with me today. i have a book somewhere that speaks to this...if i find it i'll pop back in with the title.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful little lady she is! WOW...where has the time gone?? I can't believe how grown up she is, Love! And I, just in the last couple of weeks, have had the sudden realization that my "baby" just isn't a baby, or even a toddler anymore..I have a little boy now. So I can completely relate right now...ahhh...thank you for the reminder to cherish the here and now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderul post and so true, my eldest will be nine this year...where have those years gone!! My hubby had a sort out in garage today aw we are moving and he threw out our buggy (my youngest is now 5 ) that got me quite emotional..no more little tiny ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! The pictures of your girls are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm tagging you! I'd like to hear more about you~ all the info is on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found you through the reponse you wrote about my jewelry on Boutique Cafe. I sat here almost in tears reading your post and listening to the music you have playing and looking at your beautiful pictures. My daughter is 19 months and I can already relate. Just this week she started giving kisses the "right" way with her mouth closed and lips puckered. Although I am happy for another achievement, I miss the sloppy wet ones! Who knew that motherhood would make me so weepy all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. isn't it so sad when we miss the lasts because we never realize that they were the last?

    I remember the first time I nursed Gage, but I don't remember the last...

    I don't remember the last time he did that bouncing on all fours before he crawled...but I remember the first time he did it...

    just so many things....the list is too long!

    ReplyDelete
  9. isn't it so sad when we miss the lasts because we never realize that they were the last?

    I remember the first time I nursed Gage, but I don't remember the last...

    I don't remember the last time he did that bouncing on all fours before he crawled...but I remember the first time he did it...

    just so many things....the list is too long!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this post!! our lines are blurry, and flying faster each day, and we live with our arms outstretched trying to catch life as it travels by! Give your angel and extra hug tonite!!

    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this picture and post! Chloe is so you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this post, so sweet :)


    Also, you won! Come check my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Estabilizador e Nobreak, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://estabilizador-e-nobreak.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my goodness...she is just adorable! She looks sooo grown up there!! LOVE that coat! :)
    They grow too fast, don't they? My oldest will be 7 in July and she has become soo independent. It's just amazing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a darlin' young lady! Yes... the lines seemed to blurr and drag sometimes for me because I have three... it seems like yesterday I was homeschooling all three when they were tiny..and now I have one almost driving... one said he has his first girlfriend... aggh! Where did my babies go... blessings to you dear! you have a beautiful family.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's good at picking out her own clothes! That outfit is too cute!

    This post so resonates with me and my life. I love how you said "Where is the fun remembering the LAST of things" - so true.

    Thanks for taking the time to share this perspective with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love, this is such a touching post. I see so much of Evey (and Ben for that matter) in each word that you wrote. I'm beginning to understand how people end up with 5 and 6 kids, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Love!
    visit my blog I have something for you...
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  19. So well said.
    I, too, have 3 girls close together in age and I feel like the days fly by so fast.
    missy

    ReplyDelete
  20. So well said.
    I, too, have 3 girls close together in age and I feel like the days fly by so fast.
    missy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts