transparency

i know i've been very lucky...no, very blessed. to truly have only experienced it once is not something everyone can say. but, as time passes, life changes, hearts grow, blessings are abundant....it is forgotten.

then, something happens. the smallest thing is said or a seemingly "normal" event happens and it takes your breath away. i'm flooded with memories..sadness...anger.

broken. heart.

what really upsets me the most is that flooding. unexpected & complete.

i want that part of my heart back. rationally, i know that particular experience helped mold me into the person i am. but, it is so much easier to think that regarding everything else in my life...not THIS particular time.

will that flooding ever go away?

Comments

  1. Oh, I am soo sorry for your heart break right now... Here is a hug...
    I don't know what happened, but I do know that it will get better...I'm sorry for preaching, but God can help us through anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. re:flooding

    maybe for some it does go away, but for me, it hasn't yet. I mean, it's as though it lies dormant, invisible most of the time, and then something pricks me in just the right place and slam--the flood hits again.

    hugs to you, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say that flooding of emotion ever stops completely.

    In my own life I've experienced a dam effect. Things will go on, life gets back to normal, but certain things release it again and you have to let the flood happen. See it as a washing as much as possible and remember that it will pass.

    *HUGS*

    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  4. christine--(hmmm...it IS christine, right?!) no offense taken to the preaching. =) it the absolute only way i got through it then...and know only He can truly heal any kind of brokenness. =)

    nic--yes, exactly! *sigh*

    amelia--hmmm...release the dam to wash it away. interesting. i'm going to ponder that some more as i head to bed.

    i adore you all. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know that I've ever felt more connected to someone else's post. I so completely understand where you are coming from and have felt that flooding more times than I like to think of recently.

    I don't think the flooding goes away, I just think the flow eases up to point where we can stand it.

    (((Hugs)))

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts