clean water.

Our family has been in Uganda for 4 1/2 weeks now. We're settled into the village where we 
are living and though I've been posting snippets of our time here on my instagram, I wanted 
to tell you more about the water situation here.

Clean water is something that captured my heart years ago. It's something that I've always 
taken for granted--we turn on the faucet in America and we get clean water. I love long 
showers. Sometimes, I don't even turn off the water when I brush my teeth. We water our 
grass to keep it green, turn on sprinklers for the kids to run through, and even spray out 
our garages & driveways with water. 

When our son, Nico, took me to a village that he had once stayed in to show me their 
water source, my heart was broken. Every man, woman and child in that village was 
using swamp water for drinking, cooking, bathing, and caring for their livestock. 
Swamp water.

Though we rejoice that that village now has clean water--in large part from many from 
this social media community's donations--there is much work to be done still to get all 
our Ugandan brothers and sisters water.

Here is the water source for the village that we are currently living in, and where 
Redeemer House [the home where our older boys lived prior to coming home to us] 
will be located:


Once again, it's a literal swamp. This is the water that many of them walk up to 15-20 minutes 
to retrieve.

Redeemer House has a vision for their children to have a reliable clean water source AND 
for the village to have the same. Would you consider linking arms with me and with this 
village to say that we aren't okay with them using this water? Would you show them 
tangible love by helping them get clean water?

Ok, numbers people. Here is the breakdown of where we are. (I'm not really a numbers 
person until it comes to this kind of stuff. I LOVE watching God pull off amazing things
 through a bunch of people joining together with what they are able to!) 

Our family has committed to try to help raise $20,000 for the Redeemer House security 
wall and clean water campaign. There is a $20,000 dollar for dollar match by Crusader Homes
Of that $40,000, $25,363 has been raised! [Rejoice!] That means that only $14,637 more is 
needed to reach the goal. If we divide that in half because of the match, that's $7,319 needed. 

That is only 293 more people giving $25 each to reach the goal! 
(We started out needing 800 people to give $25!)

Click the Donate button below to give to this project through
XHope, Redeemer House's parent ministry. 
All donations are tax exempt to the extent of the law. 

Finally, most importantly, would you pray for the people here that they would have clean 
water and know of the Living Water? <3 p="">


Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again,  but whoever drinks 
the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a 
spring of water welling up to eternal life.” 
John 4:13-14

Comments

  1. Just made a donation. I love the willingness of you and your family. My donation, was in a sense, from you. You recommended Little Hip squeaks headbands when your girls were little. I bought a few items 3 years ago and my girls and my friends' little girls have worn them with delight. Well, apparently there is a resale market for these items (which seems a bit crazy for kids clothes, but whatever makes folks happy). I resold the items we do not use and then donate the exact return - $81.63 to Redeemer House. So it was kind of a short term investment program that allowed my girls to look cute in the mean time. No words or actions are wasted in the hands of The Lord!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts