sent off with truth.

the Safe Kids have been gone from our home for weeks and my heart is still all
topsy-turvy over it all.  someone said that if i can't handle it, maybe we shouldn't
do it.  it's not that.  if they can live it, i can handle it.  it doesn't mean i won't continue to
love and grieve and pray for them.  

a lot of times, people imagine these situations as coming to a close in a neat, tidy 
package with a bow on top.  it doesn't always [ever?] happen that way.  sometimes, it 
appears that maybe your efforts didn't produce any kind of fruit, yet i know that to be a lie. 
 it's an easy one to believe.

just because we don't get to see the fruit, doesn't mean that God stops
growing it.  i'm prayerful that many would continue to prepare for the
harvest that i expect will come in each of those children's and their
mom's life.  hopeful, expectant waiting.

we were able to get them each a Bible & an animal that we recorded a specific verse for each
of them.  thank you to each person that donated to make that happen.
have you ever had the privilege of seeing a longtime prayer answered? maybe you'd 
consider sharing in the comments to encourage me and others? 

Comments

  1. There are a few things lately where I was reminded that maybe you are too close to it to see it- it's SO big and right there that you miss it entirely, because you are living it! I know there's lots of metaphors about the same thing. It hit me recently and was so encouraging.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going through foster-to-adopt training when I got pregnant with the baby I'm currently carrying. One story that is sticking out to me is of a girl who went through foster care. When it came time for her wedding, she wanted to invite "the woman I remember rocking and singing me to sleep every night." She remembered the love that woman had poured out on her when she was THREE years old and carried it with her all those years. Those "little" things and "short" time spans make a difference. You have a beautiful heart, and I'm so blessed to know you're using it to pour out love on others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been a CASA for just under two years now, and I have had the same case since I started. TWO YEARS. Two years of these kids being in the middle of adult messes, of being shuffled around because of brokenness they never should have to see or experience at such a young age. I'm now working to bring Safe Families to my area, mostly because my CASA experience has made me realize how desperate these situations, parents, and children are for the love and healing power of Jesus. There is little hope without Him. I believe Jesus weeps with you over the hard, and the fact that you are grieving does not at all mean you should not do what you are doing...in fact, these kids we serve NEED someone to care, NEED someone to grieve the hurt they have experienced, NEED someone to long with them for hope and redemption. "Don't grow weary in doing good!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a teacher...I pray this prayer every day...My greatest gifts have been short unprompted and unexpected notes I've received from former students. Your actions matter. Your words make a difference. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts