it takes two.

a year ago matt and i had the sweetest, little secret.  the day before, we had found out  
that our tiny baby was actually TWO tiny babies.  oh my--the JOY.

i will never forget the ridiculous joy i felt.  there was not a millisecond
of fear, sadness or disbelief.  to say that i was excited would be an 
understatement.  the midwife kept saying, you have to quit giggling--
i want to be able to get a look at them! as she chuckled at me and
called other people into the room.  

TWO babies.

i had always dreamed of it, but just knew that God birthed that
dream in me for the two sets of twins we already had.
clay and bianca became each other's virtual twin when they were
13 months and 10 months.
jude and ellie did when he was 4 years 11 months & she was 4 years 10 months.
they were the twins of my heart.

to be able to have twins both ways?
i just can hardly stand it still! 
 the JOY.


Comments

  1. Oh my your little girls are so precious. What a gift!! And it is such a blessing that you get to experience twins BOTH ways. Happy to see your gratitude :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are expecting number 5 late this summer and I had also been praying for twins. The children had as well. My husband did not feel he could handle it. So I live vicaiously with joy that I am carrying a life again! Thanks for posting the photos. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can hardly take the cuteness! look at those grins. oh my.

    you DO know the joy of twins in your home. and even more, you know the joy of family and love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a fantastic attitude! My grandmother had seven children and TWO sets of twins. I have always been a little terrified of the idea of having twins, given there's an adage that it "skips a generation". (The research I've done tells me that's not true.) My three bio babies have all been pretty high need. They did not take pacifiers (I WAS the pacifier!), they were awful sleepers, and all three were all night nursers. My almost 17 month old still wakes soooo much at night. I adore babies, but I have always been so thankful to have them one at a time. It's great that your response to having twins was/is not only filled with grace but JOY! they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have beautiful babies. You are so very lucky and blessed. I dream of twins. But I will be thankful for the 5 healthy singletons I have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember yelling, "NO WAY!!" in the grocery store when you called after your ultrasound. People looked at me like I was crazy, and I said, "No seriously! She's having her third set of twins!"

    Such a joy to watch them grow up. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how God works... Giving you your dream times 3! And in all different kinds of ways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're beautiful! My first thought when you announced was "now she'll have 3 sets" What a wonderful way to see how God answers dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this one girlfriend! They are too precious. And can I just say I was even writting my bible study girls this morning about how the Lord has been drowning me in the idea of JOY lately, I have seen/heard it everywhere, and here it is again, written, and in those 2 bundles. Sad to miss these 2 tonight, and you. Count it JOY though that we are NOT bringing any nastiness your way, although thankfully we are really on the ups today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just replied to another post, and thought I would here also. My sister is expecting twin girls (her fourth and fifth DAUGHTERS) and has questions for you about nursing two. She has had trouble trying to contact you through your
    'contact me' button. Would you be so kind as to email her at keseiter@gmail.com? Her name is Karen. She would be very grateful. Her Big Sis, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so blessed! And your twins - all of them! - could not have a better mother! hugs!! xoxoxo Wish I could squeeze those little babies and gives them a cuddle!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts