call out.
Hi, friends! I've been doing much work behind the scenes for Listen to Your Mother.
I'm our local director and producer this year and it's in honor to walk
through this process. I'm really getting excited for the show!
Listen to Your Mother [LTYM] is a live production that features local writers
reading their original works
on motherhood. The productions of all 24 cities
across the country
will be professionally recorded and broadcast to a global
audience on
LTYM’s YouTube channel.
I'm currently
seeking writers in the Northwest Indiana area to audition for our
3rd annual live show celebrating
motherhood. The show will take place
Friday, May 10th, 2013 at 7pm at
the historic Memorial Opera House.
![]() |
| 2012 Listen To Your Mother: Northwest Indiana photo by Beth Fletcher Photography |
Writers can be professional, amateurs or first time writers. Anyone
is welcome to
audition including moms, husbands, grandmothers,
grandfathers, dads, teens,
adoptive moms, first moms,
desperately-desire-to-be-a mom & anyone with a
mother–so many of us have motherhood stories to share!
Your stories–the hilarious, the heart
breaking and the heart warming–are what make this
show so powerful.
Please consider the opportunity to give your story about mothers a
microphone by auditioning!
Audition details:
Thursday, March 7th 3-7pm
and
Saturday, March 9th 9am-1pm
210 E. Lincolnway in Valparaiso
Auditions are by appointment only and sign ups will be open through
Friday, March 1st on a first come, first served basis.
To schedule an appointment, please
email lovelyn.palm@gmail.com
with your name & availability during
the above mentioned times.
-pieces should not exceed 5 minutes when read aloud.
-motherhood must be the star of your piece.
-please bring a copy of your piece that will not be returned
-pieces do not have to be memorized
-please arrive 10 minutes early to fill out an audition form
-commitments, in addition to the show, will be one rehearsal in March & one in April
-not a mom? check here for inspiration on past pieces from non-moms.
-still wondering what we’re looking for? check out this post from our national site.
I’m so looking forward to hearing your
stories. I firmly believe that we all have a story and I’m honored to
hear yours–thank you!
[If you are localish--anywhere from NWI, eastern IL, western OH to southern MI
and would like to help me spread the word on your blog, facebook or twitter,
I'd be so grateful. This show is born of blogging and storytelling and it is powered
by the awesomeness of people using social media. Please let me know if you
do--I'd love to give you a gratitude shout out!]

So, so exciting!
ReplyDeleteSteph
You are perfect to carry the torch...looking forward to the show, but planning a trip around Mother's Day to Steph's in Oregon, so not sure if I can make it.
ReplyDelete