Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

trail.

i took down all the christmas decorations the day after christmas--
all except a few things on the mantle.  [i'm not kidding that matt randomly
just walked through and commented on something christmas-y on the mantle.
that is so not normal.  he wasn't being mean, but you can bet that stuff is coming
down tomorrow.]  anyway--those few things have been silently laughing
at me as they watch me do this and that, go here to get that & see that this
needs done, stop to help someone along & lose sight of where i was heading in 
the first place.
yea.  if you follow that?  that's what my random christmas mantle decor has
been laughing at.  i'm all things can wait.  the person in front of you is more
important.  but, then when i can't concentrate and get crabby because of the
crumbs...well, somehow the sweeping thing is more important so i can
actually focus on that person instead of snapping at them
about something that didn't happen
ALL BECAUSE OF THE CRUMBS.
 what i'm really trying to say is that i don't have enough hands or
hours, but i do have enough heart and minutes, so i'm just trying.
and tired.  but, trying.  and thankful.
[and mostly doing ridiculously well. except for all the crumbs.] 



17 comments:

  1. Seeing pictures of your family like this just brings tears to my eyes. So beautiful. And peaceful. And happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man do I get this.
    (I just took down a christmas wreath on my porch 5 minutes before reading this)It has been bothering me for weeks, but I didn't have the time to get to it.

    I can handle the trail of toys. The naked barbies, the books and legos but if there are crumbs and things on the floor I can't take another step.

    Clean floor, clean mind, in this case anyways...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate to this. And I only have 5 kids. I've come to the realization that I'm just not one of those women who has it all together ;) I'd rather have peaceful spirits in my house than a completely tidy one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'd rather the same thing. we do have to keep our home ready for a showing at a moment's notice because of my husband's business. huge blessings to have him work from home & be able to show ours.....and obviously a lot of work, too! :)

      Delete
  4. Being a mom is so hard. It is hard with one kid. I can't even imagine how hard it is with so many. Hard, but also wonderful, of course. I love your perspective.

    Let the mantle keep laughing. Just focus on the moments. You are doing a really great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hard and wonderful, for sure.

      thanks for the encouragement, becky!

      Delete
  5. I know your post is about crumbs. I can certainly relate. However, this picture - it is just perfect. All your children, and your husband, in one photo - perfect. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. i love it, too. thankful to have it as a forever reminder of these afternoons.

      Delete
  6. That is the most beautiful picture

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have one child. And crumbs. And toys...and it goes on. But that child is a totally happy one - thanks for sharing, you are doing a heap of things for a heap of little ones incredibly well! xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah, so well said Love - I get this -- I love "but I do have heart and minutes..." that's so important to remember.

    I only have 2 and they are 14 and 13 - for me I am not letting it be too late to give them my minutes and the hours I do have - the people in front of us are the most important!

    thank you for being such an encourager

    xoTiffany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good for you!

      thanks for your encouragement, too!

      Delete
  9. Oh girl I love your way with words and how they just come out and are so wonderful. Happy to see you and the family today!

    ReplyDelete