to the rescue.

i write things here and i delete them.  if they stay, they get put into a draft.
i'm not sure why, but i think it's a mixture of many things.
 -i feel the need to walk a careful balance of sharing ourselves and 
not invading the sacred unit of our family. 
-instagram has taken over for a while as a mini blog of sorts.  
-sometimes, putting yourself out there allows others to shake you 
more than you realized it might.
- i am using virtually every moment of the day and haven't figured
out how to get back here
the reasons above allowed this space to fall off the-things-i-would-like-to-do list. 
 
thankfully, one of of my year end projects is always to make our
family a book of some pictures & thoughts about the year.
it includes our big moments & little ones like our oldest
set of 'twins' below in their self-made superhero suits.  
 
it's so fun to look back and remember.
so, i guess that means i'm back.
happily and refreshed.
hope you've had a great start to 2013.
 


Comments

  1. Oh, I so get this. On so many levels, do I get this. ESPECIALLY about how when you put yourself out there, sometimes what comes back has the power to rattle you. I'm navigating that in a big way right now.

    I am always so thankful for what you share - your joy in the fullness of family is contagious, and I am always moved by your advocacy work. And yet I understand the times for drawing back and drawing away as well.

    All of that is to say I hear you and I'm glad for the crossing of paths, whenever and wherever that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found there are so many things that I want to say - regarding adoption, orphan care, preventative measures to keep birth families together. And there are so many things I have learned along the way on our adoption journey. Our daughter came to us from Ethiopia with severe malnutrition (kwashiorkor), so much so that her blood did not clot properly and we had to see a hematologist for a couple of years. When we met her at 10.5 months old, she could bear absolutely no weight on her legs. And yet we paid $8K in orphanage fees. She had been neglected and came to us with serious attachment issues and oral/sensory issues. I feel so convinced that she was meant to be in our family - and yet I have a lot of concerns regarding international infant adoption in particular. I believe it's in need of some serious reform. Then I remember the Bible story about what people intended for evil, God used for good and I don't want to discourage anyone on their particular journey. But I do believe we need to hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards. More often than not, I have chosen not to say anything at all. And that might not be the right thing, either.

    I hope your Bible in a year challenge is going well. I am loving reading the New Living Translation. It makes reading through the first five books so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your thought process on the organizing of ideas, priorities, and goals. It is a good lesson in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you as you do what is best for your family. Definitely miss the posts though :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts